How do people not get distracted by too many story ideas??

HungrySheep

I like yuri
I just note them down and take them on one at a time. It'll take a while to get through the list, but it should be done... Eventually.

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
I write multiple stories at the same time. It's simpler to keep jumping from one to the other, that way I can avoid getting writer's block.

prognastat

I write multiple stories at the same time. It's simpler to keep jumping from one to the other, that way I can avoid getting writer's block.
I do the same, though there's a limit to how many I can keep up at a time.

Too few and I tend to run into writer's block. Too many and the readers struggle because there are too few to keep the story flowing at a decent pace.

Temple

I want to write all of them. Simultaneously.
This is what I do. The others I couldn't make into a separate story, I merge with the others. It's a mess, lol. And it's a challenge, but it's really hard to fight against the ideas swimming around.
ADHD is that you hyper-focus on one thing
It's like a super power when my hyper focus kicks in, but it isn't exactly "targettable". Like I need to hyper focus on writing now, but I'm fixating on something else.

Jemini

It's like a super power when my hyper focus kicks in, but it isn't exactly "targettable". Like I need to hyper focus on writing now, but I'm fixating on something else.

Well, I DID say you hyper-focus so much it distracts from what you are supposed to be doing.