How do some stories get advertised on Novelupdates?

LinMeili

I wasn't aware that our stories here on SH were advertised on NU. However, today I checked and it seems not all stories are featured.

The three stories showing on NU were:

SCP Gacha System In A Cultivation...

High Tech System

moonchildren

But on SH, the latest updated stories were different:

So it seems some stories are not eligible. What determines if you story gets exposure on NU?

Agentt

Thighs
I am not sure but one of the prizes for winning a competition hosted on SH is to be featured on NU

Sabruness

Cultured Yuri Connoisseur
Some are prize winners, i think, while others might be randomly selected. i've seen ones that you havent listed so that's my best guess.

LinMeili

I am not sure but one of the prizes for winning a competition hosted on SH is to be featured on NU

Some are prize winners, i think, while others might be randomly selected. i've seen ones that you havent listed so that's my best guess.
No, I was told that they are supposed to be the latest updates. Like right now, the three latest updated stories are showing on NU. But sometimes it skips over stories. So why does that happen?

D

Deleted member 45782

Didn't even know that your story could be advertised on NU, even thu ik its a sister site to SH. That's pretty cool and interesting.

Reisinling

I'm not sure what causes it exactly, but this NU box sometimes gets updated every 5minutes or so, and sometimes it refreshes 2 times an hour. So no idea. Also, it doesn't seem to refresh if there aren't 3 new stories, unless X time passess. But neither seems to be the case now.

Though I don't see the "Naked sword art" in latest updates in my SH box? Which would make it exactly as latest updates.

Naked sword arts shows up for me above HLH, SCH and the oscilation, so I suspect it will be in the next batch

CL

No, I was told that they are supposed to be the latest updates. Like right now, the three latest updated stories are showing on NU. But sometimes it skips over stories. So why does that happen?
Those stories are skipped because the latest number are the latest out of a group being uploaded at the same time. So we are talking about three out of five, ten, or twenty (depending when Tony gets around to approvals) of those new stories getting thrown up onto the front page.

LinMeili

I'm not sure what causes it exactly, but this NU box sometimes gets updated every 5minutes or so, and sometimes it refreshes 2 times an hour. So no idea. Also, it doesn't seem to refresh if there aren't 3 new stories, unless X time passess. But neither seems to be the case now.

Though I don't see the "Naked sword art" in latest updates in my SH box? Which would make it exactly as latest updates.

Naked sword arts shows up for me above HLH, SCH and the oscilation, so I suspect it will be in the next batch
Naked Sword Arts is an outlier since it is being updated with new chapters every few minutes. That is not true of the other stories that were skipped.

Unfolding, for example, is between St Chaos Healer and The Oscillation. And earlier four stories were skipped.

Those stories are skipped because the latest number are the latest out of a group being uploaded at the same time. So we are talking about three out of five, ten, or twenty (depending when Tony gets around to approvals) of those new stories getting thrown up onto the front page.

No, there are stories which are not new but they seem to get skipped.

Reactions: CL

CL

No, there are stories which are not new but they seem to get skipped.
Then I am confused on what is being pointed out. If the story is not new, it isn't going to be advertised. Am I wrong?

LinMeili

Then I am confused on what is being pointed out. If the story is not new, it isn't going to be advertised. Am I wrong?
Sorry, I'm not sure what you meant in your previous post. I got confused.

The 3 latest updated stories on SH are featured on Novelupdates.

That's what it's allegedly supposed to be. So I looked at the Latest Updates box but some of those stories on latest updates do not appear on NU. That is what I'm saying.

What do you mean by this?

Tony has to approve? But stories do not appear on latest updates unless they are approved on SH. Are you saying there is a separate approval process for NU?

And the stories on NU are not the latest. Read my original post.

These were the latest updates on SH.

• SCP Gacha System In A Cultivation World <--- this was on NU
  • Swords, Magic and Gacha?
  • Living the Great Sage Life with my Fairies and Lovers in a New World
  • A Cheap, OP Brawler
  • Isn’t that the Crayola Factory on Fire?
  • High Tech System <--- this was also no NU

Why were these four stories skipped?
  • Swords, Magic and Gacha?
  • Living the Great Sage Life with my Fairies and Lovers in a New World
  • A Cheap, OP Brawler
  • Isn’t that the Crayola Factory on Fire?

• Haha

Mihou

Firefly—
I remember hearing about Tony making it so that any inappropriate covers (or was it tags) were skipped over from that spot, but then again, it was old memory so don't trust me.

CL

Sorry, I'm not sure what you meant in your previous post. I got confused.
I saw.

Those novels weren't skipped, Tony just didn't have time to show them off because somebody else starting uploading their stuff up onto SC. Those new novels, then in turn shoving aside those that didn't get a chance to shine on NU, became the latest novels. That is what happens when author traffic rises.

Sabruness

Cultured Yuri Connoisseur
i have no idea then

LinMeili

I saw.

Those novels weren't skipped, Tony just didn't have time to show them off because somebody else starting uploading their stuff up onto SC. Those new novels, then in turn shoving aside those that didn't get a chance to shine on NU, became the latest novels. That is what happens when author traffic rises.
Gosh. So they got bumped off? But they weren't the oldest, they were in the middle of the stories that were featured.

i have no idea then
It's weird.