How does everyone else organize using their reading lists

RyreGruel

I’m mostly curious because I want to know other people sort stories that they are reading/thinking of reading since I realized that if I have to use the search tool to look through my possibilities reading list to find anything to read at the moment might mean it’s too big. :)

Jemini

Errr... search tool? Are you saying you have a reading list that's that long? Or do you have an entirely different definition of what a reading list is?

I generally prune my reading list quite regularly, removing finished series that I am done reading as well as looking for and removing series that I thought looked worth picking up but no longer look interesting to me.

So, assuming you have a proper reading list, all you do is go down your list looking for something off it you want to read, and if you keep skipping over stories that you've never started then you might want to consider removing those stories you keep skipping from your reading list.

If you don't want to remove it, well then maybe it's worth reading and you should start. If your response is "but I really don't think it looks interesting enough to read for... whatever reason." Then, that means it really wasn't that worth keeping around after all and you really should just get rid of it. So, stop stalling already.

Arkus86

One list for novels I'm reading, one for those I finished reading, one list for stories on hiatus, one list for things I want to avoid, and two for stories I want to read or am thinking about reading.

gogo7966

banishing a light and a dark. she/her
Errr... search tool? Are you saying you have a reading list that's that long? Or do you have an entirely different definition of what a reading list is?

I generally prune my reading list quite regularly, removing finished series that I am done reading as well as looking for and removing series that I thought looked worth picking up but no longer look interesting to me.

So, assuming you have a proper reading list, all you do is go down your list looking for something off it you want to read, and if you keep skipping over stories that you've never started then you might want to consider removing those stories you keep skipping from your reading list.

If you don't want to remove it, well then maybe it's worth reading and you should start. If your response is "but I really don't think it looks interesting enough to read for... whatever reason." Then, that means it really wasn't that worth keeping around after all and you really should just get rid of it. So, stop stalling already.
i like keeping stories on my reading list just to have them catalogued so when i get reminded stuff exists when i look through it (or no longer exists for deleted works)

Sort by unread. New/unread chapters are at the top, everything else is below.

RyreGruel

Are you saying you have a reading list that's that long?
Well if nearly 600 stories and lags upon loading on my iPad then yes, yes my possibilities reading list is long. I might just slightly have a habit of adding any new story that looks like it will be interesting to my possibilities reading list. Most of the are there either because I know I’d be interested in them but not now ori can’t bring myself to start another couple hundred chapter story when I’m still so far behind on other I use to and want to read.

i like keeping stories on my reading list just to have them catalogued so when i get reminded stuff exists when i look through it (or no longer exists for deleted works)
I see you and I think alike. :)

One list for novels I'm reading, one for those I finished reading, one list for stories on hiatus, one list for things I want to avoid, and two for stories I want to read or am thinking about reading.
I hadn’t thought about having one for stories on hiatus, I might just steal that :)

Ddraig

<First Dragon of SHF> <Pokemon Goddess of NuF>
I’m mostly curious because I want to know other people sort stories that they are reading/thinking of reading since I realized that if I have to use the search tool to look through my possibilities reading list to find anything to read at the moment might mean it’s too big. :)
I wish I would say it is well sorted but >.>
I just end up abusing search for the most part <.<

As a compromise right now though, I have started creating new lists for every time I go on a book search spree.

Lists organized as "Shortlisted", "Reading", "Hiatus", "Completed" might be a decent idea.

Kyonio

i just put them will genres then i give up half way and just put it where my heart wants it

Kenjona

My 3 Reading lists:
Standard Reading; Off The Wall Reading; Meh, If I am desperately bored.
I prune what is in them regularly. I admit I am picky, very picky, even if it is great writing if I am bored with it, I might just drop it. I do not like keeping stories I feel it is a chore for me to continue reading.
The First one has stories I do not mind people looking over my shoulder in public seeing. Second one not so much. Third is a combination of the second and ones I am just trying out. I do have stories on hiatus on those lists because they interested me enough that if they ever come back I will reread them and then redecide if I want to keep reading them.

Theirl

SHHS detainee no. 0004
i use my reading list to not forget cool novels that i still want to read... and to not forget about novels that i really liked but i dont want to forget their existence

oh yeah and when i start to search binge for new novels i use it to mark them as possible good reads