How is my current attempt at horror?

Spoopytagedie

When I first started writing I wanted to make my own version of this story my grandma used to tell me. It was sweet and innocent and then I figured what if I made it dark.

I went ahead and tried posting but at the time I was a complete amateur. I'm still a newbie writer but I am better than before so I went ahead and edited the thing I posted. At the moment there's only three chapters. It's not at the spooky part yet but I'd like to know how my set up for the future chapters is and if possible if I could get some advice on how to write horror.

Heres ther link.

I'm just trying to set up questions to answer for the moment. Is this real? Why dreams? Why is the moon a clock? Is the future those dreams predicted guaranteed? How exactly does the people not noticing the Mc work? Just what the hell is happening.

I hope that I can receive some advice no matter how brutal as I genuinely want to improve as an author

Ral

I haven't read the story yet but the description . . . Are you trying to write an absurdist fiction?

Spoopytagedie

I haven't read the story yet but the description . . . Are you trying to write an absurdist fiction?

.....I forgot to change the freaking synopsis. It's still the original. Basically I justed wanted to write a story based off of my grandmas story, just weirder. Figured I'd go for the unknown approach of horror but now that I'm wide awake and well rested I suddenly regret everything.

Allright I should probably change the synopsis.

Ral

.....I forgot to change the freaking synopsis. It's still the original. Basically I justed wanted to write a story based off of my grandmas story, just weirder. Figured I'd go for the unknown approach of horror but now that I'm wide awake and well rested I suddenly regret everything.

Allright I should probably change the synopsis.
Why regret it? There is nothing wrong absurdist fiction.

Absurdist fiction takes the philosophy that there is no meaning to life. The world doesn't care about you. The world is unreasonable, absurd. It usually are stories where good people suffers and "right" actions results to bad outcomes.

Last edited:

Spoopytagedie

Why regret it? There is nothing wrong absurdist fiction.

Absurdist fiction takes the philosophy that there is no meaning to life. The world doesn't care about you. The world is unreasonable, absurd. It usually are stories where good people suffers and "right" actions results to bad outcomes.

Sorry about that was a little embarrassed. This story was the first thing I wrote so the quality was trash. Editing it to be readable hurt because god damn I was bad.

I guess that's the best way to describe the story. Honestly this is just an experiment. I felt like trying out horror so here I am. So far I'm having fun with it and of course I want to improve.

Sacred_Night

Hey, I think it's pretty good so far. Not necessarily scary though. I think a good thing you can try is to do certain scenes from another's perspective, but you did say it's not at the spooky part yet so this is just a heads-up.

I've tried that with my own story. It's not horror, but my MC becomes a werewolf like yours. While writing it, I did a quick Google search and the tips people have were to write about fears and senses. Touch of a feather gracing the back of your neck. Itch of your skin as bugs crawl towards your eyes. sound, touch, smells, sight. The feeling of not being able to breathe. You can do alot. The article talked about implementing the most common 10 fears.

Here's my chapter where I tried to dable in horror. I'm also an amateur, but if you can learn something feel free too.