How much does my work have to contain about a certain genre for it to be included?

EimonQ

Hello, as you can see in the title I have a big doubt, although it may seem silly to some of you, but it is something that keeps me awake at night and I probably won't sleep today if I don't get out of doubt.

I'll get to the point.

In my novel, in its first 20 chapters nothing erotic happens or that is considered xxx content, but certain scenes occur because there is a character that changes form where basically:

From sword, she transforms into a human. And according to the logic of the world, it is impossible that the passage from sword to human “magically” also appears with clothes (so she appears naked).

Does the fact that only that happens already make my story something that belongs to the ecchi genre?

And, if you write that genre or something similar, what do you think about it? What do you do?

lnv

✪ Well-Known Hypocrite
Hello, as you can see in the title I have a big doubt, although it may seem silly to some of you, but it is something that keeps me awake at night and I probably won't sleep today if I don't get out of doubt.

I'll get to the point.

In my novel, in its first 20 chapters nothing erotic happens or that is considered xxx content, but certain scenes occur because there is a character that changes form where basically:

From sword, she transforms into a human. And according to the logic of the world, it is impossible that the passage from sword to human “magically” also appears with clothes (so she appears naked).

Does the fact that only that happens already make my story something that belongs to the ecchi genre?

And, if you write that genre or something similar, what do you think about it? What do you do?

For something to be a genre, it has to be the main focus of the story. If it just appears, it would be a tag at best, not a genre.

As for someone appearing naked, that isn't really ecchi, unless your intention is for it to be erotic in nature.

Possibly the line between hentai and non-hentai, ecchi usually refers to fanservice put in to attract a certain group of fans.​

If she is just transforming and is naked, it isn't ecchi. If you go overboard to try to describe her nakedness or character is lewding her, than that can be seen as ecchi

Africanchieftainsson

Last in line of succession
(so she appears naked).
Yeah but then what, is the mc all cold and aloof about it or does he burn the scene into his memories thereby burning the scene into our memories. As #2 said; the first isn't ecchi but the second is

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...

I'll get to the point.

What does xxx mean

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
It depends on what direction your story takes. If Chapter 20 is just the first of many xxx chapters, then you may want to add the tag. If it's just an isolated thing, don't worry about it.