Writing How much time do you spend writing a chapter?

ArcadiaBlade

I'm a Lazy Writer, So What?
I can probably take either 1k to 5k in just an hour(with a tiny edit) to i'm too lazy and basicaly play a game for an entire day. It solely depends on how much procrastination i take. I never really the type to seriously write and basically a lazy guy but if i keep up a chain of inspiration rush, i can probably make a 15k in basically 2 hours if i'm really inspired to do so in writing.

WritingSimulator

About two to three hours to write 1.5k words (which is what around most of my chapters are in length). I don;t write it all at once though, when I get stuck I take a break. Editing takes another 15 minutes :blob_no:

EternalSunset0

For my 4k ish word chapters recently, I'd say it takes an hour and a half to three cumulative per chapter. That is, if we're talking about the actual writing. Adding in the procrastination, overcoming writer's block, planning things mid-writing and such, it can add up into around a few days to come up with a chapter.

RuggyRuggy

My chapters are long. They're usually anywhere from 12k words to, at one point, 67k words, but I post them in 3k to 4k parts.

I don't have a set limit on how much to write a day, but I do try to get at least 1k words a day. Sometimes, when the mood and free time strikes me, I can write out anywhere from 4k to 6k words. (But that's when I literally have nothing going on and I'm in the zone.)

But usually, it takes me weeks on end to write a chapter, and another 2 days to a week and a half, depending on length, to edit, and then probably an hour or so to cut them down into 3k to 4k word 'parts.'

KenNan73888

I don’t know... I carry my electronic stuff around and write a lot of things. To keep things entertaining and less boring, I’ll go back and forth from my story to another story when I feel stuck. Also, world building too.

Riese

Just a writer for fun
I write 1k per hour if it’s motivating I write faster.

Zavha0mnic

Using mobile, I type super slow but I already have a draft in my notebook now that I’m trying in the scribble anniversary competition. It takes me 1 hour per chapter but no editing needed other than a readthrough to check everything. Reading it out loud makes all the wonky writing more obvious. Though my chapters are only slightly below 1k words they take me a long time. Heh..heh......

Redadam04

【Human Savant of True Almighty God】
I take two to five hours in writing 3,100 to 5,000 words per chapter and when I'm done, I mark it as a draft. Then, I skip for two to three days before I proofread the content. There, one chapter is produced. :sweating_profusely: :blob_no: Gosh, it depends on my mood too. :blobspearpeek:

Last edited:

happypanda

1~2k, 3 hours min, 6 hours max.
Too slow? Well, I write on my smartphone instead of my laptop, at late night when all of my family members are asleep, so they never learn what I actually write.

Kuropon

I'd say 1h per 1k. But if I really focused on it than could probably write twice as fast but I always find myself clocking out and taking breaks between paragraphs.

MajorKerina

All of it.

1000 words an hour is fine then editing it tends to take roughly half that time.

JaxCreation

I’m a perfectionist so writing 1-2k will take me several multi-hour writing sessions because I cannot stop my brain from editing as I go.

Also there are times when I write like whole chapters then read them the next day and delete all of it because it reads like trash :D I probably delete more words than I publish.

Don’t be like me. You won’t get anything finished.