How Often Do You Eat Vegetables & What's Your Favourite?

Vegetable eaten in a month

• Total voters

TotallyHuman

Oh, I eat a vegetable or two every now and again to change things up- wait, you mean plants.

a14635

Want me to beat your ass(jk), thats considered as fungi! :blob_teary:
Yes they are. And if we want to be real picky, in taxonomy terms, they are probably closer related to animals than to plants. But in gastronomy terms (which I'm assuming this post is all about) we just file them under "vegetables". :blob_teehee:
Or else we would have to consider bread as a fungi as well, since yeast is used to make the dough; or whisky a vegetable, since it's made out of cereals. :blobrofl:

QuercusMalus

A bad apple...
Cabbage.
So many ways to eat it. Cabbage, refried black beans and green chili and cheese make a fabulous breakfast burrito.
Napa cabbage makes a great addition to soup.

overclockedw

Even as an adult, vegetables have tasted horrible to me. I force myself to eat them when I have to, but for some reason they just NEVER taste right. Literally the only time I can endure vegetables is when the vegetable taste has been masked.

For example veggies in soup, veggies masked by being put on a forkful of other food, etc. Salads are a no-go.

And when I say they taste horrible, I mean I quite literally gag if I just try to eat straight up big pieces of vegetables. It's almost a little regrettable. Because I can never understand how people feel when they say "[insert vegetable/vegetable dish here] tastes so good!!"

What does a "regular" hamburger with all the veggies taste like to other people? What does a "good" salad taste like? I can't even enjoy things like tacos or wraps because those are meant to have big amounts of veggies in them (diced or not). I feel like I'm missing out.

Aez_Nairo

Demi-Human Of The Gray World
quite literally gag if I just try to eat straight up big pieces of vegetables.
Happened to me when I ate raw brocolli/carrot but thats because I didn't chew them 10x before swallowing.
It takes time but over the years, got used to eating it to the point of chewing raw ginger.
You can try making a vegetable smoothie/boil them to soft, see if its going to help then transition to eating it raw.
My mindset when eating vegetable, if its going to taste dull, I can still have the benefit of shitting smoothly, lose weight and etcs.

Yule

Snowdrop
I just slice up random vegetables like cucumbers or carrots or paprikas and have them with me while I work on things, and by the time I'm done working, the vegetables are gone...

Also, I use them quite a bit when cooking, especially onions! And garlic.

l8rose

Perpetually Positively Pondering
We eat rice at least once a week here as a main part of our meal and potatoes randomly throughout the month. Also eat caesar salad regularly and "western hash" (cubed potatoes, red & green peppers, onions, bacon/ham and eggs). Celery with peanut butter or cheese-wiz is also amazing.

prognastat

Yes, yes I do since they are considered as root vegetable. Corn is considered *search internet* botanically "fruit/grain" *Bonk*
The way we view what is a vegetable at least from a culinary perspective is anything but consistent.

Most people will consider Corn, Tomatoes and Cucumbers vegetables at least at the dinner table, but they are fruit.

Meanwhile potatoes are often considered more like a grain product culinarily due to its starchiness and wouldn't consider them having had their serving of vegetables for the day if they ate only potatoes.

Or how peanuts are treated as nuts rather than legumes. So technically if you're eating peanuts you have eaten vegetables. Unlike real nuts which are actually considered a fruit.

TheKillingAlice

Schinken
Ah.... I realise something.
Tomato is not a vegetable, its a fruit!
*BONK* to the head to those who picked tomato especially *Points at you*
That is false. We are talking about food, so the culinary definition, and that is vegetable. In fact, there is no botanic definition for vegetables in general, which makes tomatoes a fruit because it falls under the fruit definition. In my language, there's even two specific words for "fruit" and tomatoes wouldn't count for the word that specifically means "fruit".
Anyway, since we aren't talking about some very strict botanic definition, you are very wrong.

ZukoMee

I eat vegetables with practically every meal. Not all, but most.

But favorites would have to be pretty much any pepper that I eat both raw and cooked in dishes.

Steamed carrots.

I eat rice 2-3 times a week in meat dishes.

So: 1) Any peppers 2) Steamed carrots 3) Rice