How strong is a treant?

CheertheSecond

The second coming of CheertheDead
Since there are a lot of iteration of this monster, we will generalise it.
From all the fictions you read, how high would you rank this monster?

The ranks are

Upper top rank
Middle top rank
Lower top rank
Upper medium rank
Middle medium rank
Lower medium rank
Upper bottom rank
Middle bottom rank
Lower bottom rank

More specifically, how low would a weakest treant be? And of course, how strong is the strongest?

Zinless

How do I anatomy
I would rank the lowest on the 'Upper bottom rank', since I never seen a Treant as a starting mob in any J/RPGs I've played, so they must be somewhat powerful.

The strongest Treant? Definitely the highest rank. My reasoning? Final Fantasy 5.
final_fantasy_5_gba___exdeath__tree_form__by_stopmotionoskun_d8slq2r-fullview.jpg

LilRora

Mostly formless
That's not a question you can give a straight answer to. I would say the lowest is middle or upper bottom rank and the highest is upper top rank, but that heavily depends on the setting. Treants are monsters that are very flexible in that manner, unlike, for example, goblins, and additionally they don't work on the same principles as typical monsters since they are essentially plants, which makes it harder to compare.

FaustVoncleave

Since there are a lot of iteration of this monster, we will generalise it.
From all the fictions you read, how high would you rank this monster?

The ranks are

Upper top rank
Middle top rank
Lower top rank
Upper medium rank
Middle medium rank
Lower medium rank
Upper bottom rank
Middle bottom rank
Lower bottom rank

More specifically, how low would a weakest treant be? And of course, how strong is the strongest?
I'd say upper bottom rank for the weakest, just based on size, and upper top rank for the strongest. The difference in treant strength is usually due to age, and trees can live for a long time, so that's why I think upper top rank should be the cap.

Omnifarious

Custom title
It depends on the age

Upper top rank 100,000-1,000,000 year old
Middle top rank 10,000-100,000 year old
Lower top rank 5000-10,000 year old
Upper medium rank 2000-5000 year old
Middle medium rank 800- 2000 year old
Lower medium rank 400-800 year old
Upper bottom rank 200-400 year old
Middle bottom rank 100 - 200 year old
Lower bottom rank 0-100 year old

I'd say upper bottom rank for the weakest, just based on size, and upper top rank for the strongest. The difference in treant strength is usually due to age, and trees can live for a long time, so that's why I think upper top rank should be the cap.
Ah ditto

ManwX

Im from a Timeline where nuclear war destroyed all
It depends. They are smart and vary in size by age. Id give the upper medium rank.

TremendousHuman

Deleteriously devilish, deliciously dumbfounding
I'd give them a rarity bonus, and a bonus for the slowness debuff. Another bonus just because I love trees. Thus, at least a Mid-Top

ArchlordZero

Stage 4 Cancer Shitposter
Depends on what tree the treant is based.
If it is based from cosmic horrors such as FGO's Tree of Emptiness that can defy reality and create/destroy history and time, then highest rank.
I do not know if you can consider the Ten-Tails from Naruto/Boruto as a Treant because it is somewhat of a tree, but that thing can potentially control/devour a world.
I bet most normal treants can be defeated by a charmander though.

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
TREANT
Huge Plant
Hit Dice: 7d8+35 (66 hp)
Initiative: –1
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
Armor Class: 20 (–2 size, –1 Dex, +13 natural), touch 7, flat-footed 20
Base Attack/Grapple: +5/+22
Attack: Slam +12 melee (2d6+9)
Full Attack: 2 slams +12 melee (2d6+9) Space/Reach: 15 ft./15 ft.
Special Attacks: Animate trees, double damage against objects, trample 2d6+13
Special Qualities: Damage reduction 10/slashing, low-light vision, plant traits, vulnerability to fire
Saves: Fort +10, Ref +1, Will +7
Abilities: Str 29, Dex 8, Con 21, Int 12, Wis 16, Cha 12
Skills: Diplomacy +3, Hide –9*, Intimidate +6, Knowledge (nature) +6, Listen +8, Sense Motive +8, Spot +8, Survival +8 (+10 aboveground)
Feats: Improved Sunder, Iron Will, Power Attack Environment: Temperate forests Organization: Solitary or grove (4–7) Challenge Rating: 8
Treasure: Standard
Alignment: Usually neutral good Advancement: 8–16 HD (Huge); 17–21
HD (Gargantuan) Level Adjustment: +5

3.5 is not dead.

3.5 IS LIFE!!!

RynnTheTired

Pathological Sleepyhead
For most of the stories I've read, they're somewhere in the middle. Like, maybe upper bottom or lower medium by themselves going up to upper medium or lower top in a group? Usually if the story has them living in a group, then the individual ones are set to be weaker than in stories where they live alone.

But obviously it can vary a lot depending on the story. I've seen some where treants were pretty wimpy (lower or middle bottom). And one of my stories has a creature who is a variation on a treant and is one of the most powerful beings in the world (upper top).

Jet

Middle to Upper top rank. Hard to think of anything stronger in Middle-Earth. I mean, dragons, I guess. But they are almost nonexistent. Maiars too. Except those are literals gods, so not fair to count. The fire is a weakness, but even while caught on fire, a single treant should be more than capable to annihilate, say, an entire regiment of orcs.
Also, Durthu is one of the mightest creatures in the Warhammer universe.
Treants are slow but their sheer size and destructive power are so astronomical that even trolls, ogres or basic giants pale in comparison.

CheertheSecond

The second coming of CheertheDead
The things about treants are if they are from trees that are resistant to disease and fire like redwood, you basically have an steel golem that can grow and regenerate.

Also great tree like Pando is the size of a small woodland. At that point, it is a very strong monster.

Poleg

King of the birds and the fish.
I would rank the lowest on the 'Upper bottom rank', since I never seen a Treant as a starting mob in any J/RPGs I've played, so they must be somewhat powerful.

The strongest Treant? Definitely the highest rank. My reasoning? Final Fantasy 5.
Imagine a bonzai treant.