Writing how to describe cartoonish scenes?

TotallyHuman

there's going to be a character (me. It's gonna be me) that will act out cartoonish scenes, like hearts jumping out of her eyesockets, jaws dropping dramatically, having an unnaturally plastic body, transforming into different personas etc.
I want to describe those scenes in a way that makes it clear that 1) it really happened 2) it doesn't make sense for it to happen because it's real life not a cartoon, 3) flows smoothly and 4) is meant to be comedic but very on the nose
Examples attached:

which is the best I could find with a search engine.

Here're examples of what I want:
As the wolf pounced on Melody, Melody caught it midair and threw the beast over her shoulder, causing the Great Witch that was watching the show to open her mouth in surprise... and continue to open it until her jaw hit the floor and her tongue rolled out of the open cavity like a red carpet.

Melody then proceded to pummel the poor wolf with her bare hands, her onslaught of hits both brutal and efficient. Just as the Great Witch was about finished stuffing her 3 meter tongue back into her mouth, Melody performed a German suplex on the wolf, the unexpected move causing the eyes of the Great Witch to pop out of her sockets like 2 white glossy cylinders.
"Can you do it for me, oh Great Witch?"
"Of course, child, who do you think this great witch is?", as if to prove a point, the dimunitive witch-shaped figure flexed its bicep, causing it to rapidly baloon, grow a bicep of its own and take a bodybuilding pose
I am not really satisfied with these because I was going for the reactions feeling obnixious and either mocking or very on the nose and right now they just feel gimmicky. Also, they are way too long and probably distract the reader.

Last edited:

Theirl

SHHS detainee no. 0004
Use it as a means of hiperbole idont know how it called in english, but u can overtly exagerate something as a tool comunicate something. Ex his heart almost got out of his mouth. as a way to comunicate a jump scare to the reader

TotallyHuman

Use it as a means of hiperbole idont know how it called in english, but u can overtly exagerate something as a tool comunicate something. Ex his heart almost got out of his mouth. as a way to comunicate a jump scare to the reader
No, in this case my clay-like heart would, quite literally, jump out of my mouth after it grotesquely expands to unnatural proportions.

melchi

What is a custom title?
Could always do it like the mask. When something jaw dropping happens impossible jaw falling to the floor happens.

TotallyHuman

Could always do it like the mask. When something jaw dropping happens impossible jaw falling to the floor happens.
I know how I do it, I have a mirror. I don't know how to describe it without getting into unnecessarily descriptive, boring, creepy territory, yet in a clear and humorous manner

TheMonotonePuppet

A Writer With Enthusiasm & A Jester of Christmas!
there's going to be a character (me. It's gonna be me) that will act out cartoonish scenes, like hearts jumping out of her eyesockets, jaws dropping dramatically, having an unnaturally plastic body, transforming into different personas etc.
I want to describe those scenes in a way that makes it clear that 1) it really happened 2) it doesn't make sense for it to happen because it's real life not a cartoon, 3) flows smoothly and 4) is meant to be comedic but very on the nose
Examples attached:

which is the best I could find with a search engine.
Eyes expand in a psychedelic bulging of red, smoothing out into big, glowing Valentines balloons. They went and out in, kind of like a comical heartbeat on her besotted self.
"WOW!" shouted the witch, sounding like a chorus of young girls in love. The pitch hit just the right cord in the surrounding people's hearts, being impossibly cute for the world and giving you an amusing sense of "Awww..."

TheMonotonePuppet

I don't know who that is

It's these guys?
I don't see anything too unique about them
Yeah. Those guys. How would you describe their eyes? They don't exactly exist in reality like that. Describing old-timey anime like that is not my forte. It'd be fun if this could be a trade back-and-forth thread on cartoonish descriptions.

TotallyHuman

Yeah. Those guys. How would you describe their eyes? They don't exactly exist in reality like that.
they don't? But most leprecauns have such eyes. They have eyes that have two pairs of eyelids, a horisontal and a vertical. When they both open the eyes look a bit square, rather than round or almond-shaped.

But if this great witch had to do the same kind of eyes without making two pairs of eyelids, this great witch would simply raise her upper eyelid up and continue to raise it, leaving straight vertical lines where intercepting edges were supposed to be

TheMonotonePuppet

they don't? But most leprecauns have such eyes. They have eyes that have two pairs of eyelids, a horisontal and a vertical. When they both open the eyes look a bit square, rather than round or almond-shaped.
And leprechauns spend time existing near the end of a rainbow! Not exactly disproving my point there... Hehehehe...
Thanks for the help! Just @ me if you've got something more specific to describe cartoonishly and I'll try my hand at it.