How to get more readers

MatchaChocolate69

What happens when the mirror breaks?
BEHOLD THE ULTIMATE SHORTCUT πŸ’°πŸ’ΈπŸ€‘
So, here's the secret they don't want you to know for making big money on Scribble HUB.
If you're aiming for millions of views, you've got to pick your genres wisely. Listen to me! :blob_wink:

The essentials: ISEKAI, LITRPG, HAREM.
Optional but profitable: Cultivation ( throw it in, why not! )

But of course, it must be SMUT, but not just any smut!
A GENDERBENDER protagonist but only from male to female (DOUBLE AUDIENCE πŸ’Έ), absolutely no female to male! 🚫

Straight? No way. Only exclusively Girls Love. πŸ’—
Considering futanari is optional, but it's not yet at peak popularity. Maybe throw in a scene or two just to exploit the tag. :blob_wink:

Now, the most crucial part: it has to be a fan fiction. 🧠

Of what, you ask?
Naruto of course, but that's not all! Harry Potter too. Makes no sense, you say? Who cares!

We're in it for the views. Mash up two universes with some flimsy excuse, and voila, you've got double the fandom!
And they're huge fandoms!
You might as well sprinkle in a dash of One Piece for good measure.

Next up, conjure an image with AI of a sexy, busty anime-style girl for the cover. πŸ’‹

Done?
Now, force yourself to write a synopsis that repeats all the tags I've mentioned, with a dash of pathos.

Get ready to launch a Patreon because the big bucks are about to roll in! πŸ’°πŸ€‘πŸ’Έ

There's no shortcut.
Write what you want.
- Use all 25 available tags, and all the available genre macro tags.
- Write one chapter a day.
- Write about something you enjoy and that conveys passion to the reader.
- Create an interesting title and synopsis that make it clear what the story is about right from the start.
- A good cover helps a lot.
- Don't stop until you've reached 50k words. Only then will you start to see results.

Last edited:

KuruKinaar

I think what also helps is interacting here in the forums! Getting to know people on this website helps create familiarity with one another and you'll eventually make writing friends through discussion and feedback.

Also, reaching out and supporting others work will also help in return, that is if people want to return the favor.

Notadate

A simple cover can take you far. I suggest not using A.I, It can push away readers.

Post on a steady stream. I got popular by a daily post, but burnt out. Take from that as you will.

Find when people get on to relax the most. I suggest during the mornings when breakfast, people breaks, and when they get off. (Central, 8-10am. 12pm, 4-6pm.) Were my posting times

Engagement, manipulate people. Reply to them, and put them in your ending author notes. This makes them feel good and more likely to comment.

Finally, write good.

(Cover I made before, when I did that before stopping \/)
So, here's the secret they don't want you to know for making big money on Scribble HUB.
If you're aiming for millions of views, you've got to pick your genres wisely. Listen to me! :blob_wink:

A GENDERBENDER protagonist but only from male to female (DOUBLE AUDIENCE πŸ’Έ), absolutely no female to male! 🚫

Considering futanari is optional, but it's not yet at peak popularity. Maybe throw in a scene or two just to exploit the tag. :blob_wink:

Of what, you ask?
Naruto of course, but that's not all! Harry Potter too. Makes no sense, you say? Who cares!

We're in it for the views. Mash up two universes with some flimsy excuse, and voila, you've got double the fandom!

Next up, conjure an image with AI of a sexy, busty anime-style girl for the cover. πŸ’‹

Done?
Now, force yourself to write a synopsis that repeats all the tags I've mentioned, with a dash of pathos.

Get ready to launch a Patreon because the big bucks are about to roll in! πŸ’°πŸ€‘πŸ’Έ

There's no shortcut.
Write what you want.
- Create an interesting title and synopsis that make it clear what the story is about right from the start.
- Don't stop until you've reached 50k words. Only then will you start to see results.
This is actually terrible advice. Write what you want. If it is engaging, you’ll find your niche. Try to avoid harems or smut, unless you want to. Litrpg is nice, but put thought into it. Isekai too. If done bad, people leave. Read his spoiler.

Attachments

• AC35C511-4F0F-403E-BE7F-FF2A30939CB6.jpeg
    AC35C511-4F0F-403E-BE7F-FF2A30939CB6.jpeg
    69.4 KB · Views: 17

Yule

Snowdrop
First, answering the actual thread...

Others have given most advice I could think of, but something I don't think I saw was analyzing the works that are already popular and learning why they are popular in the first place. Don't plagiarize (obviously!), but try to take what you can from them if you're purely wanting views! That could be writing style, paragraph style, chapter structure, synopsis structure, genre, character tropes, story themes...anything that you can learn and take from. And if you do this from several different works, sometimes you really do get a masterpiece!

Now, unrelated...
Do you mind if I try this later word for word? It sounds super funny.

FatElf

I just started writing on this site and I need some advice on how to in trade my reader count. Please help me

Here is something from my own experiences here:
  • A nice cover image, properly formatted to show without being distorted in the website. This one is your first hook into the reader.
  • Write a catching blurb for your story. Don't info-dumb in the blurb. Better yet, make it a question. It is cheesy, but helps getting people to at least the first chapter of your story sometimes.
  • Don't do prologues. At all. Start with action. Don't start with explaining the setting. Start with the character doing something or reacting to something. It keeps things fresh and the reader interested.
  • Use online grammar tools to help with stuff. Grammarly offers a free version that helps at lot at least with basic grammar.
  • Depending on the genre you're writing, be sure to add the correct tags. That helps people find your story.
  • Post regularly. When you release your novel, try adding a few chapters at once to give the reader something to check out. Then, set up a release schedule, and stick to it. Daily releases are the best. Depending on how much you write, slice the chapter into smaller chunks, and release it daily, instead of bigger chapters over a longer period.
  • Interact with your readers. Say a thank you, answer questions, send a cookie!

Well, mostly, you'll learn from experience. And remember if you are just starting to write, your first novel might not be as good as it is in your head. This is not a slight on your ability as an author, it just how things are. Don't get discouraged if someone gives you bad feedback. Read it, then try to understand why they said what they said. It will help you improve your own style, which will in turn, keep more people reading.

Uff, said a lot. Hope it helps!

Of what, you ask?

Done?

There's no shortcut.
Write what you want.
gonna follow this letter by letter, will update later.

Last edited:

MatchaChocolate69

Your tips are very good, @FatElf ! :blob_okay:

gonna follow this letter by letter, will update later.
Looking forward to it!
Actually, it's something I'd like to try too, but I feel weak regarding Harry Potter.
I have a basic understanding, but I'm not exactly a die-hard fan.

BearlyAlive

Certfied Super Secret Final Secret Final Boss
Outside of the obvious like catering to the depraved weebs, there's creating a patreon and hiding badly done AI images of "your" characters behind a paywall. Pointing a gun to your readers head also always works. You can even threaten them to write serious stories without the tags they like.

The most advice anyone can give though is: git gud. Just write terrible stuff, get terrible advice so you can write not-so-terrible stuff and then write your way up.

FatElf

Your tips are very good, @FatElf ! :blob_okay:

Looking forward to it!
Actually, it's something I'd like to try too, but I feel weak regarding Harry Potter.
I have a basic understanding, but I'm not exactly a die-hard fan.
I did think about writing harry potter and naruto fan-fictions. I even spent a few evenings thinking of plots and events. For HP, I was thinking an alternate start, where the duds family died in a car crash that left the MC mute and briefly into Forster care then into a psychiatric hospital when they started to see strange things.

For Naruto, it was the old person reborn in the world, get those harem babies, Hinata best harem baby, Sakura sub tsun, Ino the blonde bimbo, and mommy Tsunade.

Then I stopped to think on the logistics of things, and realized I read that when I was a teen. And i'd be writing that stuff about children. Didn't think I could or even wanted to do it anymore, so I scrapped the idea.

I considering changing things and making everyone older, at least in their 16's instead of the 12's like they are in the original story, but it was too much trouble, and it still didn't sit right with me.

Last edited:

MatchaChocolate69

I did think about writing harry potter and naruto fan-fictions. I even spent a few evenings thinking of plots and events. For HP, I was thinking an alternate start, were the duds family died in a car crash that left the MC mute and briefly into Forster care then into a psychiatric hospital when they started to see strange things.

For Naruto, it was the old person reborn in the world, get those harem babies, Hinata best harem baby, Sakura sub tsun, Ino the blonde bimbo, and mommy Tsunade.

Then I stopped to think on the logistics of things, and realized I read that when I was a teen. And i'd be writing that stuff about children. Didn't think I could or even wanted to do it anymore, so I scrapped the idea.

I considering changing things and making everyone older, at least in their 16's instead of the 12's like they are in the original story, but it was too much trouble, and it still didn't sit right with me.
If you want to write smut, the golden rule is to always have the protagonists be of legal age, although 16 with 16 might be tolerable.
For the eighteen-year-olds, in Naruto, it would mean setting the fiction a year after the Third Ninja War, I believe. As for Harry Potter, he should be of age by the seventh year.
Here's an idea:
With the defeat of Kaguya and Voldemort happening simultaneously, a spatio-temporal cataclysm occurs, merging the two worlds and bringing an apocalypse to the fused plane. Our male MC finds themselves reincarnated into a woman with no past, but with the knowledge of our world and a System in place that presents itself to her.

FatElf

If you want to write smut, the golden rule is to always have the protagonists be of legal age, although 16 with 16 might be tolerable.
For the eighteen-year-olds, in Naruto, it would mean setting the fiction a year after the Third Ninja War, I believe. As for Harry Potter, he should be of age by the seventh year.
Here's an idea:
With the defeat of Kaguya and Voldemort happening simultaneously, a spatio-temporal cataclysm occurs, merging the two worlds and bringing an apocalypse to the fused plane. Our male MC finds themselves reincarnated into a woman with no past, but with the knowledge of our world and a System in place that presents itself to her.
Nice.

I think I saw somewhere a fan-faction about HP and MCU where powers were just specialized version of spells. We could do the same here. With ninjutsu being spells, only applied differently.

About the system, it needs be "Get all the harem chicks and slap all them Young Master face". That way, we can also add cultivation tag, since slapping face is quintessential for cultivation, even if you don't add cultivation itself.

This looks promising.

MatchaChocolate69

Nice.

I think I saw somewhere a fan-faction about HP and MCU where powers were just specialized version of spells. We could do the same here. With ninjutsu being spells, only applied differently.

About the system, it needs be "Get all the harem chicks and slap all them Young Master face". That way, we can also add cultivation tag, since slapping face is quintessential for cultivation, even if you don't add cultivation itself.

This looks promising.
Great!
You've even solved the problem of synchronizing abilities. Maybe we can throw in some MCU if we're in the mood. Yes, definitely "slapping young masters" and "capture any breedable chicks in existence" as the system's primary goals. I'd say we're there.

Last edited:

ReadLight

Of what, you ask?

Done?

There's no shortcut.
Write what you want.
Alright, so it sounds like a choice between having less readers vs end up hating writing.

I've decided: former.

(Reply to the non-serious part)

Premier

Of what, you ask?

Done?

There's no shortcut.
Write what you want.

You say there's no Shortcut but I've done like 90% of the advice here and it's working really well.