How to know if a story is doing good?

Hathnuz

Heyo.
I'm a new poster from another website, and I'm wondering how popularity is based in Scribblehub. What is the average stats of a novel with, say, thirty chapters? The other website I write on has considerably low growth because the readers are very picky, and since scribblehub is bigger, I'm wondering how quick reader bases tend to grow with an individual novel. Cheers!

https://www.scribblehub.com/series/359840/the-king-the-assassin-and-the-villain/
Link to my story, in case someone...wants it? Idk :sweat_smile:
Wait a minute... I don't recall your story has gender bender. Did you add that in after you asked for my prediction? Harem tag is also missing somehow.

Assurbanipal_II

Empress of the Four Corners of the World
Compared with you most stories grow slowly... :blob_ghost:

He's already growing faster than my stories. He should be sitting more or less in the middle of the pack until he hits trending... :blob_party:
Thx for the praise, I guess. I try my best despite my slow updates. But I didn't say they won't grow, just slowly. Explosive growth is unlikely.

ScarletCore

Wait a minute... I don't recall your story has gender bender. Did you add that in after you asked for my prediction? Harem tag is also missing somehow.
My third main character always had the ability to change between genders, but I thought the tag was only exclusive ( is that the right word? ) to a lgbt theme ( I know I’m kinda dumb. ) I removed harem because it was only a minor theme, not as big as the gender bender

Temple

Royal road. I still have the book up but I haven't posted a chapter in a while. Thinking about deleting it. It was doing well but the reader base is very quiet.
Oh, RoyalRoad is way bigger than Scribblehub. Readers in both sides have preferences of course, so they are both picky in that aspect, but I'll have to say that RR is more vocal and critical, and kinda harsh if the genre is not suited to the taste of the majority. As others have stated, you got tags that RR hates. And yeah, your story is not suited to the mainstream preference of people in RR, I suppose you might have better chances here in SH.
In any case, just write the story you want. I post my story in RR and SH, and it took a long time to gain traction because I was doing something against the general expectations of webnovel readers. But a year and a half later, I got a small readerbase that liked my story. So, if you want to write something, just do it, but also keep in mind that you'll only have few readers if it's not the mainstream genres.

ScarletCore

Considering your novel has the gender bender tag, surprisingly low? I see a romance tag, so if it's between mc and a female, you can move the girls love subplot to the main tags, will get more attention that way.

Maybe change up the synopsis a bit more? Though you didn't ask for advice so just ignore this if you don't want to.

Anyways, you should probably go to the thread mentioned above if you want to know how well you would do.
What do you suggest I change about the synopsis?

Vicky

Heyo.
I'm a new poster from another website, and I'm wondering how popularity is based in Scribblehub. What is the average stats of a novel with, say, thirty chapters? The other website I write on has considerably low growth because the readers are very picky, and since scribblehub is bigger, I'm wondering how quick reader bases tend to grow with an individual novel. Cheers!

https://www.scribblehub.com/series/359840/the-king-the-assassin-and-the-villain/
Link to my story, in case someone...wants it? Idk :sweat_smile:
You are doing ass
Your story is doing very well. Congratulations
clown (y)

Last edited: