How to make a good character?

Rhaps

Master of Nightmare
IDK about others but this is what basically happen during Charlotte's creation:

2wordsperminute

Someone else already said add flaws, so I guess a conversation or two that isn't about the main plot but just some characters talking. Just like how real people talk about stuff other than the main plot.

Terrate

Make them having human qualities. Like if someone likes coffee and you tell them it sucks, that person will literally stop at nothing chewing your head off with paragraphs upon paragraphs of essay why it's good for you and how it is actually good and you just have sht taste.

Not that their whole personality is just coffee, mind you. It can link into something more like this person likes bitter coffee, so naturally he'll also like food with strong tastes, or maybe coffee is even affecting how they act because of caffeine that they can't stay still in one place, or they can't start their day without the usual cup.

I don't write smut fanfics. :blob_teary: I am a serious author. Mostly. :blob_teary:
Smut fanfict authors can still be serious authors!

I was surprised coz if you are a smut author you don't act as thirsty nor talk about tits and balls as mush as other smut authors I have seen on the forum. Lol

Corty

Sneaking in, stealing your socks.
Smut fanfict authors can still be serious authors!

I was surprised coz if you are a smut author you don't act as thirsty nor talk about tits and balls as mush as other smut authors I have seen on the forum. Lol
Because I’m not writing what everyone consider here smut. Simply put my current story doesn't shy away from sex scenes. But It is not the driving point of the story. :blob_no:

Obsoleteness

I took inspiration from myself. I took all my personality traits, quirks, behaviour etc. and then just wrote the complete opposite to get something that isn't garbage :sweating_profusely:

dummycake

Already daydreamed about this interaction
Because I’m not writing what everyone consider here smut. Simply put my current story doesn't shy away from sex scenes. But It is not the driving point of the story. :blob_no:
it is the driving point of the readers though...