How to make my up-coming Novella worth reading?

Kamelingil

Head of Thicc Thighs Supremacy
So, I planned to write an alternative version of this novel https://www.scribblehub.com/series/850117/legendary-the-omnipotence/

Where the Main Protagonist "Genzo" doesn't exist and the Omniverse's storylines continued to the Protagonist's tragedy or on it's own demise.

But the purpose of this thread isn't recommending this, it's about giving me some advice on how to make a well-written novella despite me, who just made my first novel so complex and had a decently bad grammar. Because it's going to be a Paid Book and many people might complain about how confusing it is...

So, can anyone give me the way to make a Novella with well-written, full explained details, and perfect foreshadowings without making it complex?

Wait, I posted this in the wrong place...

Rhaps

Xenophobia Incarnate
It's impossible to be popular on the first try, it depends on luck and your skill level.

As they say, practice makes perfect. Just keep on writing and soon you will find something that just clicks for you (For me its the insanity and ballerness of my story). I am a DM before an Author, so complex and good structure is something I am incapable of, but what drives my story is my willingness to fuck over the original plot itself for the sake of making the story fun.
So, can anyone give me the way to make a Novella with well-written, full explained details, and perfect foreshadowings without making it complex?
For this, as much as I hate it, try writing fanfiction. It's like making a Lego set, with all the instructions and pieces already there. It helps you practice all the things you want, as oppose to an original work, you can change the plot however you like instead of building from the start.

Kamelingil

For this, as much as I hate it, try writing fanfiction. It's like making a Lego set, with all the instructions and pieces already there. It helps you practice all the things you want, as oppose to an original work, you can change the plot however you like instead of building from the start.
I'm currently writing a fanfiction of a video game but, it kinda ticks off all my ideas despite being only in chapter 1

Rhaps

Xenophobia Incarnate
I'm currently writing a fanfiction of a video game but, it kinda ticks off all my ideas despite being only in chapter 1
Try to find some plotholes you can exploit, maybe your fanfic can come from there. With fanfic, plotholes are things that gives you advantages, your creativity can be free there as you think of a way to fill in those holes.

Kamelingil

Try to find some plotholes you can exploit, maybe your fanfic can come from there. With fanfic, plotholes are things that gives you advantages, your creativity can be free there as you think of a way to fill in those holes.
Ok, I'll do that at the end of chapter 1

Jemini

So, I planned to write an alternative version of this novel https://www.scribblehub.com/series/850117/legendary-the-omnipotence/

Where the Main Protagonist "Genzo" doesn't exist and the Omniverse's storylines continued to the Protagonist's tragedy or on it's own demise.

But the purpose of this thread isn't recommending this, it's about giving me some advice on how to make a well-written novella despite me, who just made my first novel so complex and had a decently bad grammar. Because it's going to be a Paid Book and many people might complain about how confusing it is...

Simple. Practice.

To get that practice though, it means delaying your Novella until you actually get that practice.

Based on the description of the problem you gave here, I highly doubt anyone can advise you well enough to fix all the problems you're talking about. You're the only person who can fix those problems, and the only way to fix them is to get more practice writing until you can actually get it right.

EDIT: Alternative solution, get someone with high-grade editing skills and pay them money to go over every part of your book with you.

And when I say high-grade editing skills, I'm talking the type that goes for $100 per 1,000 words. Serious high-end editing skills, the type who go way beyond just correcting your spelling and grammar and go into helping you with issues exactly like the ones you're asking about here, and more.

doravg

104/4001 (too lazy to count the stories again.)

Paid? Write the first draft first, then let it rest. Then, after a couple of days, prune the grammar mistakes and add in the foreshadowing. That is what I did when I posted on Smashwords. That said, I did post BL, so people gave my books a chance only when they were free. I hope you have more luck.

You should also have fun.

Happy writing!

Kamelingil

And when I say high-grade editing skills, I'm talking the type that goes for $100 per 1,000 words. Serious high-end editing skills, the type who go way beyond just correcting your spelling and grammar and go into helping you with issues exactly like the ones you're asking about here, and more.
I'm just gonna ignore this one, I'm seriously broke, and I'm just selling it cheap like $1.99

I'll just use my good ol' friend Quillbot

Simple. Practice.

To get that practice though, it means delaying your Novella until you actually get that practice.

Based on the description of the problem you gave here, I highly doubt anyone can advise you well enough to fix all the problems you're talking about. You're the only person who can fix those problems, and the only way to fix them is to get more practice writing until you can actually get it right.
Thanks, I guess planning to release it after writing 100 Chapters is a good idea after all.

Jemini

Thanks, I guess planning to release it after writing 100 Chapters is a good idea after all.

Might very well take more than that if the issues you're dealing with are as severe as your OP implied. I'd say you shouldn't define a number of chapters, you should wait until you have a very clear idea in your head as to how you'd address all the issues you mentioned, as well as any other issues that occur to you in the meantime.