I...Cry...

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
So i got back into watching the Flash recently and im on like season 5 ep2 and there was a scene in there that got me all teary eyed. For any curious, here it is:

Essentially Barry was all, "Joe, you have to help me. I've been training Nora and i just dont get it. It's like she wants to go big on everything and keeps trying to take on things she can't handle yet. And i keep trying to walk her back but it's as if she just does the opposite of everything I say.'"

So he camera shifts to Joe, and he starts by reminding Barry of a science fair he went to when he was a kid, and how he was just supposed to make a baking soda volcano and instead he made some robot with legs that nearly burned down the gym.

But barry responds with, "But Joe that was different. That was when you first took me in, you know? I had no one else, and you were there for me. I looked up to you, i mean you were my hero." Then he paused for a moment as realization kicked in and he said, "...I really wanted to impress you"

So Joe hit while iron is hot. He said, "Bar, all the information that girl has on you come from that museum. There are literally statues of you on pedestals. How much do you think she wants to impress her hero?"

The scene then closes after this dialogue, and this is what really hit deep:

"Then what am i supposed to do?"

"Well, just show her it's okay not to be perfect coming out of the gate. it takes time to get things right, and that's not a failure. That's life. And also, show her that you're gonna love her no matter what."

And i started crying. Because THATS a good father. That's the kind of father everyone needs in their life. This man raised Barry. And he still is even if Barry is already a man with his own family. Barry still has a lot to learn and Joe is damn well going to be there to teach him, because that's the kind of father he is.

Anyway onto my question: When was the last time a movie, song, show or story made you cry? And im not talking about because something was sad, thats easy. I'm talking about because something just resonated with you. Moved you. Not from a tragedy, but from...something inspiring, or from something heartfelt.

As another example from me, i cried the last time I listened to Montgomery Gentry's song Something To Be Proud of. Which is also about fathers and sons, so you can probably see a pattern here. And may guess about my possible hopes and fears when it comes to family matters.

But yeah! What was you tearjerker?

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
Also:

When Angels deserve to...DIEEEEEEEE~~~~!!!!

Ha! I got to it first.

D

Deleted member 29316

Man, that part in Joyeux Noel where they refuse to shoot the disguised Frenchman.

One hell of a powerful scene.

Assurbanipal_II

Empress of the Four Corners of the World
1600907315059.png

Don't know if this counts. You wont know him, but I found the scenes of his funeral quite moving. :blob_evil_two:

Schwab

Anyway onto my question: When was the last time a movie, song, show or story made you cry? And im not talking about because something was sad, thats easy. I'm talking about because something just resonated with you. Moved you. Not from a tragedy, but from...something inspiring, or from something heartfelt.
So it didn't make me cry but I definitely got really upset but, the Bridge to Teribithia. It's weird because I knew she was gonna die; it's literally in the synopsis. But as I was reading I kept kinda hoping, I guess, that it wouldn't happen. That, somehow, she would be saved or something. And when the moment finally came it hurt a bit. Reading the journey of two kids and them having the time of their lives coming to an abrupt end like that is just...it hurts my cold, dead heart.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
So it didn't make me cry but I definitely got really upset but, the Bridge to Teribithia. It's weird because I knew she was gonna die; it's literally in the synopsis. But as I was reading I kept kinda hoping, I guess, that it wouldn't happen. That, somehow, she would be saved or something. And when the moment finally came it hurt a bit. Reading the journey of two kids and them having the time of their lives coming to an abrupt end like that is just...it hurts my cold, dead heart.
well i cried. Man that shit was just so sad and bullshit. The way he just saw her going to the bridge and was all, "lets ignore her in favor of the hot teacher" like damn. I dunno. They were just such good friends

I was like11 when that movie came out and i knew nothing about it and just saw it in theaters. And when she died i was like "nah...she cant be dead. That didn't happen." But it did and i didnt know how to feel about it cuz thats the first time outside of a horror movie i saw a character die. And i really liked that one too. That movie made me feel. I hate it. Died in a fucking creek. A nice girl like that. Fucking shame.

ChronicleCrawler

♠ItCrawls♠
So i got back into watching the Flash recently and im on like season 5 ep2 and there was a scene in there that got me all teary eyed. For any curious, here it is:

Essentially Barry was all, "Joe, you have to help me. I've been training Nora and i just dont get it. It's like she wants to go big on everything and keeps trying to take on things she can't handle yet. And i keep trying to walk her back but it's as if she just does the opposite of everything I say.'"

So he camera shifts to Joe, and he starts by reminding Barry of a science fair he went to when he was a kid, and how he was just supposed to make a baking soda volcano and instead he made some robot with legs that nearly burned down the gym.

But barry responds with, "But Joe that was different. That was when you first took me in, you know? I had no one else, and you were there for me. I looked up to you, i mean you were my hero." Then he paused for a moment as realization kicked in and he said, "...I really wanted to impress you"

So Joe hit while iron is hot. He said, "Bar, all the information that girl has on you come from that museum. There are literally statues of you on pedestals. How much do you think she wants to impress her hero?"

The scene then closes after this dialogue, and this is what really hit deep:

"Then what am i supposed to do?"

"Well, just show her it's okay not to be perfect coming out of the gate. it takes time to get things right, and that's not a failure. That's life. And also, show her that you're gonna love her no matter what."

And i started crying. Because THATS a good father. That's the kind of father everyone needs in their life. This man raised Barry. And he still is even if Barry is already a man with his own family. Barry still has a lot to learn and Joe is damn well going to be there to teach him, because that's the kind of father he is.

As another example from me, i cried the last time I listened to Montgomery Gentry's song Something To Be Proud of. Which is also about fathers and sons, so you can probably see a pattern here. And may guess about my possible hopes and fears when it comes to family matters.

But yeah! What was you tearjerker?
Can I offer an anime? Lol. Anyway, I was quite shocked to read this thread by cuppy. It's rare to have something so wholesome from you. Or maybe is just me but meh. :blob_no: :blob_no:

D

Deleted member 29316

Oh I'm wrong. But anyway, sounds awesome. That's some awesome things under your belt. I want to teach to one day. But prolly not now.:blob_happy::blob_happy:
Well, as long as you have a heart for teaching, you'd be fine.
Still kudos for knowing Berlinguer, a charismatic man for sure.
What I liked about him, is that even though a communist, he distanced himself from the Soviet Union. And a modest politician too, different from what we have here in our country. 😑

SailusGebel

Florence + The Machine - Stand By Me, Gypsy of Atonement by Yasushi Ishii from Hellsing, And Troubadour`s Serenade by Muslim Magomaev. All of these songs recently squeezed a tear out of me for a number of different reasons.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
I'm a literature teacher, though I love history, and I dabble in law as well (a licensed lawyer) 😁
A teacher AND a lawyer?...now all you need is a few months of training in law enforcement, become an astronaut and get certified as a doctor and you'll have a resume I've seen only once before

In which case, stay the fuck away from my mother, sisters, wife and daughters.