I Enjoy Comments

Nonless_

I could get tens to hundreds of views on a chapter/my novel and that's great, I know people are reading, However, if i get a comment I get extra jumpy, Since posting my story from royal road to here, Some person has been actually posting comments on most of my chapters related to my story and has gotten a few speculations right, and I know its just one person, however i feel as if that one comment is worth a thousand views.

Anybody else feel this way?

TotallyHuman

vve.jpeg

SirDogeTheFirst

Lord Of The Potatoes
Comments have a special place for me too. Being able to directly communicate with readers is something special, while, for me, views are like those clicker games, number go up, monkey brain activates, monkey happy.

ACertainPassingUser

In my opinion,

You're simply anticipate people reaction too much.

Approval by other people is usually due to pleasing their desire of whatever they want.

Not because your work is purely good objectively.

Most comment are just junk shit you don't need to bother with. Even the good ones were only good for some time. and once the effects are achieved, it's just another old random text.

Without consultation to professional mental therapy, you may not be able to understand your issue.

kophzi

I walk a lonely road
The only one that I have ever known
Don't know where it goes
But it's home to me, and I walk alone
I walk this empty street~

(I actually feel lonely, all the comments are from new readers so it's no where near the current present arc/event. So I'm left waiting for them to binge-read/catch up. It's lonely.)

NitroxDarks

Welp, some smartasses over here, can't say I'm surprised with the load of troll and witch hunters I've gotten latched like bugs to my honey work these last few months.

Anyway, I also got a certain reader who has almost been there since the beginning, it is a great feeling indeed.

Ranty-cat

I'm unable to relate, but I believe that if I had the golden chance of receiving comments on my chapters, I would also appreciate it.

Le_ther

I could get tens to hundreds of views on a chapter/my novel and that's great, I know people are reading, However, if i get a comment I get extra jumpy, Since posting my story from royal road to here, Some person has been actually posting comments on most of my chapters related to my story and has gotten a few speculations right, and I know its just one person, however i feel as if that one comment is worth a thousand views.

Comments mostly makes authors much more positive as it actually feels like there is someone reading their story because I often chat with authors and they pretty much appreciate every comment even if it's a criticism. Most of authors i have encountered are optimistic about some of my comments or straight up deny it but nonetheless they improved their story the more they write.

Yuumei

Comments definitely fuel me more than views. It's like coal vs fossil fuels for me.
Sadly, my comment days have died out and they no longer appear.

P00H

Any kind of engagement with my stories are very appreciated.

Doesn't happen, though in pretty much any site I upload to. Feels quite bad, tbh. Like I'm writing into the aether.