I get the impression Spy x Family fan stories are pointless

Lorelliad

call me Roamer 🎩
Screenshot_20231119_102350_Gallery.png

Tsuru

I mean, who can do it better than the main character?​
1) Less dense MC
2) Chinese fanfics, where they do cameos protag being restaurant chef or something, influencing IPs, characters being clients)
3) Being anya
4) Being the doggo
5) Being a common man replacing the soul of MC (dead), so the fanfic is a dark-humor-dangerous OR funny comedy of "knowing the plot but 0 skills like MC"
6) Wish fulfillment, getting BOTH WOMEN
7) Yaoi fanfic
8) Other directions, having superpowers. Or saving his friends in the past (btw bringing them to the present so past-self still mistake them as dead hence no time paradox)
9) GENDER BENDER (smut) - probably already existing on pixiv or other places
10 smut
11) Fanfic after the end, living slowlife
12) Protag being the shota
12.5) Shota getting anya AND other women
13) Transmigrate into the side kick dude, and giving him deserving respect+woman(s)
14) Fanfic about pov of the headmaster
15) NTR doujin of being the fat man near headmaster (already existing cough)
16) Having MC discover the organization he is in, is garbage or is similar to gov/organization he destroy. Revolting and killing them
17) Epic fighting vs waifu

the list goes on forever

PS : i am good at thinking but creating stuff from 0 is my sole weakness

phaeous

The Semanticist
1) Less dense MC
2) Chinese fanfics, where they do cameos protag being restaurant chef or something, influencing IPs, characters being clients)
3) Being anya
4) Being the doggo
5) Being a common man replacing the soul of MC (dead), so the fanfic is a dark-humor-dangerous OR funny comedy of "knowing the plot but 0 skills like MC"
6) Wish fulfillment, getting BOTH WOMEN
7) Yaoi fanfic
8) Other directions, having superpowers. Or saving his friends in the past (btw bringing them to the present so past-self still mistake them as dead hence no time paradox)
9) GENDER BENDER (smut) - probably already existing on pixiv or other places
10 smut
11) Fanfic after the end, living slowlife
12) Protag being the shota
12.5) Shota getting anya AND other women
13) Transmigrate into the side kick dude, and giving him deserving respect+woman(s)
14) Fanfic about pov of the headmaster
15) NTR doujin of being the fat man near headmaster (already existing cough)
16) Having MC discover the organization he is in, is garbage or is similar to gov/organization he destroy. Revolting and killing them
17) Epic fighting vs waifu

the list goes on forever

PS : i am good at thinking but creating stuff from 0 is my sole weakness
Yeah but, the point is that they would be inferior to the canon.

A great deal of fanstories I have experienced are as good or surpass it.

Tsuru

Yeah but, the point is that they would be inferior to the canon.

A great deal of fanstories I have experienced are as good or surpass it.
Uh.......you typoed.

First part : Inferior to canon
2nd part : Great deal of fanfics are as good or surpass original plot
(the example given doesnt fit what you meant)

But i see what you meant. And quite correct logic.
----------------------------
Though with the tactic of "wave tactic" and the giga population of china/chinese authors, probably there is or will be fanfics of higher quality for Spy x family.
Well, at least i saw a glimpse of the potential, as in this restaurant novel (multiworld) i mentioned (where spy-family was customer cameo), i was smiling as MC helped cook a peanut butter jar for Anya, saw some anya wholesome antics, gave some advices to them, and had a very teary eyed moment where Loid flashbacked his mom thx to dish of MC.
(^the things i mentioned are not chronological and not all at same time but different chapters)

phaeous

The Semanticist
Uh.......you typoed.

First part : Inferior to canon
2nd part : Great deal of fanfics are as good or surpass original plot
(the example given doesnt fit what you meant)

But i see what you meant. And quite correct logic.
----------------------------
Though with the tactic of "wave tactic" and the giga population of china/chinese authors, probably there is or will be fanfics of higher quality for Spy x family.
Well, at least i saw a glimpse of the potential, as in this restaurant novel (multiworld) i mentioned (where spy-family was customer cameo), i was smiling as MC helped cook a peanut butter jar for Anya, saw some anya wholesome antics, gave some advices to them, and had a very teary eyed moment where Loid flashbacked his mom thx to dish of MC.
(^the things i mentioned are not chronological and not all at same time but different chapters)
"they would be inferior" is referring to your examples.

I didn't give an example regarding fanstories surpassing plot? Spy x Family is perfect pretty often, like Eminence In Shadow or Oshi no Ko.
Hence, fanstories of imperfect but with intriguing concept (naruto) are more interesting.

If somebody did a fanstory aligned with a perfect canon, it would be as good; if there was more volume, it would be superior.

"Simulation"-type fanstories are about groping a sexy canon lustfully.

Tsuru

"they would be inferior" is referring to your examples.

I didn't give an example regarding fanstories surpassing plot? Spy x Family is perfect pretty often, like Eminence In Shadow or Oshi no Ko.
Hence, fanstories of imperfect but with intriguing concept (naruto) are more interesting.

If somebody did a fanstory aligned with a perfect canon, it would be as good; if there was more volume, it would be superior.

"Simulation"-type fanstories are about groping a sexy canon lustfully.
Hm now i rethink it. True that its already high perfect already (spy family). Its like a perfect clock. Its not impossible to create a better one but far low probability (by having a genius creator).

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
f
Hm now i rethink it. True that its already high perfect already (spy family). Its like a perfect clock. Its not impossible to create a better one but far low probability (by having a genius creator).
fan fiction will just ultimately be inferior to the original, as fan fictions just serve as an extension onto the original content. A DLC cannot defeat the main content

Tsuru

f

fan fiction will just ultimately be inferior to the original, as fan fictions just serve as an extension onto the original content. A DLC cannot defeat the main content
DOZENS of Naruto chinese fanfics authors where their Naruto is a sygma chad : "Wtf is (s)he talking about ?"

ps : (2023 fanfics, not the 2010ish fanfics where they write diantian chakra bshit)

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
DOZENS of Naruto chinese fanfics authors where their Naruto is a sygma chad : "Wtf is (s)he talking about ?"

ps : (2023 fanfics, not the 2010ish fanfics where they write diantian chakra bshit)
the world was better in the 2010s

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
I mean, who can do it better than the main character?​
Never read it. What the hell is Spy times Family anyways? How the hell do you ever work out that equation? WHAT DOES IT EQUAL? NOBODY EVER TELLS ME WHAT IT EQUALS! WHY ARE WE MULTIPLYING A SPY BY A FAMILY?

HOW DOES THIS EVEN MATH???

I suppose then Spy x Family x 2 would be better than the main character, mathematically, but this manga multiplication shit doesn't make any sense to me.