I got a 1-star rating.

doravg

104/4001 (too lazy to count the stories again.)
And it is ok. I didn't get as upset as I used to. The important thing is that I am putting the story out there, right? Stories are meant to be read, after all. Some will enjoy it, others will not.
I enjoyed writing it. That is what counts.
Happy writing, everyone!

Story_Marc

Share your fun!
Plus there are those who give 1-stars purely to troll. I've run into the scenario twice now where someone instantly added to dropped and gave it a 1 star. I shrug since, eh, can't please everybody and I know I'm great at what I do, external validation or not.

Lorelliad

creating magic in a magic-less world 🪄
And it is ok. I didn't get as upset as I used to. The important thing is that I am putting the story out there, right? Stories are meant to be read, after all. Some will enjoy it, others will not.
I enjoyed writing it. That is what counts.
Happy writing, everyone!
Pity, should've hacked their device and changed it to 5 stars :blob_awkward:

But in all seriousness, I wish I could take reviews as well as you do, lol. I get scared to even look at comments :blob_evil:

Rhaps

Xenophobia Incarnate
Pity, should've hacked their device and changed it to 5 stars :blob_awkward:

But in all seriousness, I wish I could take reviews as well as you do, lol. I get scared to even look at comments :blob_evil:

One star isn't something I mind, my main fic got two 1-star, and I know from a fact that one was given by my friend to troll me.
The other, eh, idk.

doravg

104/4001 (too lazy to count the stories again.)
Plus there are those who give 1-stars purely to troll. I've run into the scenario twice now where someone instantly added to dropped and gave it a 1 star. I shrug since, eh, can't please everybody and I know I'm great at what I do, external validation or not.
We can only do our best, right? How are you? Having a good day?

Lodur

Eight virgin

I know there was not much complaining, but heck, creating a thread about it counts! I want to have a bingo by the end of the month!
"Necroing a thread. Twice" means necroing two threads or the same one recieved two replies after a long time period? We have candidate, if it's the latter: "How to get your story known?

Corty

Sneaking in, stealing your socks.
"Necroing a thread. Twice" means necroing two threads or the same one recieved two replies after a long time period? We have candidate, if it's the latter: "How to get your story known?
To make it easy, let it be both. There are some other hard points up on it so I think letting it count!

Lodur

Eight virgin
There are some other hard points up on it
Yes. I've started reading the forum not so long ago, still... I think, it's nearly 3 months now, and I never saw closed or deleted thread because of political squabble (well, I don't read every thread, so, I might just have missed it).

KrakenRiderEmma

Maybe it comes in waves — I got two one-star ratings yesterday and they appear to have added the story, rated it, and dropped it.
I don’t imagine one or two of these “drive-by troll one-stars” is enough to be a review-bomb, but doesn’t Tony intervene if there are a bunch of them? Like, one or two readers going around and giving lots of stories the “one star and run?”

Just have to trust that potential new readers aren’t too swayed by the “star rating” especially in an era where nobody buys a product on Amazon unless it has 4.8 or higher, LOL

melchi

What is a custom title?
That is because no one knows you are really a cat on the Internet.

KrakenRiderEmma

I heard from another friend that they got two one-stars in the last 24 hours as well, and then I noticed that all the new series with either BL or Gender Bender in the genre have gotten one-star ratings as well. Maybe it is actually a job for @Tony if someone is on a “spree?”

Shyuurin

I heard from another friend that they got two one-stars in the last 24 hours as well, and then I noticed that all the new series with either BL or Gender Bender in the genre have gotten one-star ratings as well. Maybe it is actually a job for @Tony if someone is on a “spree?”
My BL story got a drive-by 1 star rating the other day. Can't remember if it was in this timeframe but it does sound like there was a troll online.

panpanwuv

I'm new here so I'm not sure if what happened to me is due to a troll too.

I published my BL novel last week and received a 5-star rating. A few days after that, it received a 1-star rating. I haven't seen any bad comments though, and no review explaining the reason behind it either. I tried to promote my work on the forum and found my novel the next day with 3 1-star ratings😂

I'm cool with bad feedback, but it does make me wonder since there's no explanation whatsoever for the low rating. It made me feel really bad about myself.
I'm new here so I'm not sure if what happened to me is due to a troll too.

I published my BL novel last week and received a 5-star rating. A few days after that, it received a 1-star rating. I haven't seen any bad comments though, and no review explaining the reason behind it either. I tried to promote my work on the forum and found my novel the next day with 3 1-star ratings😂

I'm cool with bad feedback, but it does make me wonder since there's no explanation whatsoever for the low rating. It made me feel really bad about myself.
Scratch that - I just received an explanation on the thread I made to promote my story. So one of the 1-star ratings was for not featuring g*y s*x (is it okay to type that here?). Not sure yet if the rest of the 1-star ratings are for the same reason

Last edited:

Shyuurin

Scratch that - I just received an explanation on the thread I made to promote my story. So one of the 1-star ratings was for not featuring g*y s*x (is it okay to type that here?). Not sure yet if the rest of the 1-star ratings are for the same reason
I mean if you haven't tagged your story as 'smut' or even if you have but you haven't got to that stage of the story, that's a pretty sh*tty 'reason'.