I got a LOT WORSE AT WRITING

Elixer_Yuu

My writing ability has been spiraling into the abyss, and objectively is one that has spiraled into destruction, so why is it like this?
Man, i think u r getting a lot lazy, or maybe u have lost the motivation to write. Try to read some "good" works. They might help u get ur motivation back

InkyFingers

Writing is like a muscle. If you don't use it, it becomes weak. Write EVERY day. Whether it's 100 words or 1000. Each day you will get better.

On top of that READ! I can't stress that enough. You need to absorb material constantly. Don't just watch TV or movies to get inspiration. Actually pick up a book. It WILL do so much more help than watching a screen because you are physically seeing the words on the page. You are essentially studying how the words are spun in the story. It will also build your vocabulary and help with understanding pacing.

Those two things will take your writing to a whole new level. You just have to put the time and effort into it.

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
Writing is like a muscle. If you don't use it, it becomes weak. Write EVERY day. Whether it's 100 words or 1000. Each day you will get better.

On top of that READ! I can't stress that enough. You need to absorb material constantly. Don't just watch TV or movies to get inspiration. Actually pick up a book. It WILL do so much more help than watching a screen because you are physically seeing the words on the page. You are essentially studying how the words are spun in the story. It will also build your vocabulary and help with understanding pacing.

Those two things will take your writing to a whole new level. You just have to put the time and effort into it.
I literally do that everyday. No effect

InkyFingers

I literally do that everyday. No effect
Then you're either too critical of yourself (which we're authors. It happens).
Or you aren't retaining the knowledge. In which case I would advise studying the craft. Take some workshops or classes. David Farland's My Story Doctor courses are amazing. Not only was he a best selling author, but he taught Stephanie Meyers, James Dashner, and several other best sellers. It is a bit pricey, but they are worth every penny if you actually take them seriously.