I got a LOT WORSE AT WRITING

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
My writing ability has been spiraling into the abyss, and objectively is one that has spiraled into destruction, so why is it like this?

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps
Choose one:
1. You got lazy.
2. You refused to listen to criticism.
3. Your cat wrote for you.
4. You haven't had a good night's sleep.
5. You read stories with horrible plot and horrible grammar.
6. Fucking boss at work acts like a bitch ass shit and has a beef against you.

Ilikewaterkusa

You started reading good literature and realized that you have a lot to learn? I don't know.
No I’ve literally got worse, you can tell if you go check on my work
You started reading good literature and realized that you have a lot to learn? I don't know.
I’ve unironically just read stories like this back in the day and now I’m reading stuff like leviathan
Maybe you actually got better, but your standards rose more than your quality did? This would make your writing seem worse, because you expect more of yourself now than you did in the past.
Not really reviewed my stuff rn and it was better, and I think I had more standards

Attachments

• 9A593B9C-C56E-423B-A645-C622B7A1DF96.png
    9A593B9C-C56E-423B-A645-C622B7A1DF96.png
    283 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Choose one:
1. You got lazy.
7. You had a baby, and it screams every time you put it down, and you have no energy left by the time you get it to nap.

Sylthix

My writing ability has been spiraling into the abyss, and objectively is one that has spiraled into destruction, so why is it like this?
Like compared to your previous works or localised within your current one "Otherworldy Knight’s Earth"?

Oh crud, I made this post before taking a look at your story. There's a reason why most authors don't do second-person POV stories. It's really hard to connect with the audience and feels unnerving. You've pretty much dug a hole and jumped inside the casket already. I'm going to apologise that I can't bring myself to read past chapter two to see the plot due to this and various bits of criticism that I won't mention because it would make this post too long. You can PM me for those if you want.

Last edited:

Ilikewaterkusa

Like compared to your previous works or localised within your current one "Otherworldy Knight’s Earth"?

Oh crud, I made this post before taking a look at your story. There's a reason why most authors don't do second-person POV stories. It's really hard to connect with the audience and feels unnerving. You've pretty much dug a hole and jumped inside the casket already. I'm going to apologise that I can't bring myself to read past chapter two to see the plot due to this and various bits of criticism that I won't mention because it would make this post too long. You can PM me for those if you want.
That’s the point of that one

Sylthix

That’s the point of that one
I'm going to be a bit harsh here, but having a "point" doesn't elevate the the fact that the "point" is kind of bad. Being unique and different is cool and all, but somethings are not used commonly for good reason. No aspiring narrative author would haphazardly use a second person POV without a clear purposeful intent. When people write letters, it's normally addressed to someone specific so it would make sense for second person POV to be used. You wouldn't write a letter in third-person because it simply wouldn't work. Same goes with your story. It's a lot to ask of a reader to directly be involved into the story. All-in-all, if an idea is bad, don't force yourself to execute it.

I'm going to conclude that you simply aren't experienced with writing second person stories, which is understandable as not many are. If you're stubborn on continuing to write in second person POV, then I recommend doing some research by reading successful examples done by other authors. Bright Lights, Big City is an infamous example as well as Iain Banks’ Complicity which demonstrates it the technique quite nicely (yes you do have to read old novels to become a better writer overall).

I wish you luck on your writing journey.

IDKWtWrite-San

Projecting 'Unreliable Narrator' Tag
Choose one:
1. You got lazy.
Bruh :blob_popcorn_two:.

Maybe you feel like the plot you written is not good and you feel like you cant imagine it causing your writing ability regarding to the subject falling to the abyss.

Space_Pickle

Some days, I struggle to write a chapter. Some days I write the Silmarillion.
Some weeks, I win a Pulitzer. Some weeks, I just play CIV6 for 90 hours while eating chips.
Bad things happen. Good things happen.

Give you some time. Take a break. Breaks are always useful.
And come back to writing when you're ready.

This is not a job.

Ilikewaterkusa

you got into politics
Yes.
Some days, I struggle to write a chapter. Some days I write the Silmarillion.
Some weeks, I win a Pulitzer. Some weeks, I just play CIV6 for 90 hours while eating chips.
Bad things happen. Good things happen.

Give you some time. Take a break. Breaks are always useful.
And come back to writing when you're ready.

This is not a job.
I literally always take a break. The issue isn’t the lack of breaks but the breaks themselves

Attachments

• 662970D6-3260-4799-9C7D-EF42435D284C.png
    662970D6-3260-4799-9C7D-EF42435D284C.png
    14.6 KB · Views: 30

Agentt

Thighs
Let's see~~

Choose one:
1. You got lazy.
I prefer being called "busy"
Oh, yes, very yes. I am the supreme being who controls grammar. How day they say I put too many commas!
I have a cat who either writes loli smut or philosophy about how we are all alone in this world.
Yes, i want it. Gimme! Gimmmmeeeee! I'll give you a coke in return.
Haha, jokes on you, I haven't read fecking anything ever since I started writing. Screw research!
Can confirm, being a vegetarian, it's very uncomfortable when someone holds a beef against me

D

Deleted member 70223

Have you recently become a tankie?

That would explain a lot.