I got reminded that I'm not forever

TotallyHuman

I heard that the principal of the school I went to died. She was quite young, late 40s to early 50s. I didn't know her well, I barely even knew her back when I was a student, but I felt very sad. It's one thing to know that life is not forever and that even young people are dying nowadays, or seeing an old person you know leave, but it's another to find out that a relatively healthy person well below the current life expectancy that you know just went and died. I'm sure she had a lot of things going on, and a lot of plans for the future, but humans are powerless against the matters of life and death.
I think we all should just hope that Death won't take us when we're busy

Reactions: CL
"Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt.
Sing like nobody's listening; live like it's heaven on earth."

_oinkchan

I heard that the principal of the school I went to died. She was quite young, late 40s to early 50s. I didn't know her well, I barely even knew her back when I was a student, but I felt very sad. It's one thing to know that life is not forever and that even young people are dying nowadays, or seeing an old person you know leave, but it's another to find out that a relatively healthy person well below the current life expectancy that you know just went and died. I'm sure she had a lot of things going on, and a lot of plans for the future, but humans are powerless against the matters of life and death.
Lucky that you don't smile when someone dies, I feel sad when someone does but end up laughing and giggling, making dark jokes subconsciously.

May she rest in peace. R.I.P

ArcadiaBlade

I'm a Lazy Writer, So What?
Life is always undecided on whom life is to take. One can take your uncle one day, an aunt on a special day and even a mother on your very own birthday and there's nothing you can do about that. We are always been govern with life and death that we can't escape on and thats why every lives are precious to us.

You might think little upon yourself and thats actually fine since you decided on how you spend your remaining days in peace which is the only downsides you have. While it is sad that life can end without any surprise whatsoever, it also makes life that you have even more precious once you realise how worthwhile living is to become once you know how precious it is. So, always be sure that you can make your life count by spending what you have and always treasure those that you are close with, since one day you might see them in a bodybag one day and you couldn't say your last goodbyes to them.

LostLibrarian

"The impacts are getting closer..."
You'll get that feeling a lot when you get older and the dead celebrities get closer to your age or even younger. That's how life is.

I personally had problems with sleeping for some time because I had the fear of just not waking up anymore. What I learned through battling that is that it is often not the fear of death itself, but the fear of not living the life you want before death. There are 10,000 things that can kill you in the evening even when you are perfectly healthy in the morning...

So make sure you live the life you want before it's too late....

Blight13

Life is unfair and cruel. Some people die early, poor or disabled. Don't wait for your life to get better, find what you want to do. Don't just say to yourself 'this is ok' this is not ok. force yourself to go out for a walk. force yourself to get off your computer. force yourself to get off your bed. nothing good will come to you by just wishing everything is better. if you change how you think, only then would you be able to improve. improvement doesn't happen instantly, it happens gradually, slowly. www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVGuFdX5guE

this is my memoir, I used to work on the thinking of Laissez-faire. but slowly, I saw that nothing was improving, things just got worse for me, my grades was starting to fail, my health still terrible and no friends. I slowly forced myself to wake up early, setting up an alarm, then i started socializing. my habits are hard to change but i slowly stop doing some things. one of the major help to me is the video by cpg grey, he really inspired me to improve myself. so im really thankful.

still life is still pretty terrible

CL

Just be thankful if we receive a warning of the approaching conclusion. I don't believe Death cares when we're all a little too busy living.