I had an Idea.

PeacefulMyst

In your heart~
So i was looking at another thread here and I got an idea. Not sure if it's good or shit. anyways here it is:

So there are x number of criminals on an army ship. The army ship was taking them somewhere else. Unfortunately, It got into an accident and the ship crashed and all the soldiers died. The group of people escaped from the ship only to find themselves In a massive island. they went out exploring in several groups and got separated. there were several broken structures on the island with various supplies. Then night fell. One of the group heard a scream from the other side of the island. they just ignored it thinking one of the others got into some trouble. unfortunately, the next night. the group met a creature. It was a terrifying monster that was slowly coming towards them. They tried shooting it but to no avail. so they just ran away. they also met up with other group and found out there were mercenaries on the island too. And they werent friendly

c_ron_ickler

is it a ln?

nvm, I looked it up and it's a movie. I guess this idea isn't really that unique huh. well kinda expected it. I never really had a good imagination

being comparable to other pieces of fiction does not mean it’s not unique. if you want to write it, do it. nobody can write it exactly the same as you. unless you copy and paste someone else’s writing, your writing is unique, and always will be. even if, to you, it doesn’t feel that way. nobody has your unique experiences and influences, and your experiences and influences inform your writing style, and it is through your identity as a person that you tell your story.

being comparable to other things, successful things, whether they be light novels or movies or anything else storytelling, is a good thing. it helps people who haven’t read it yet know if they’re interested, and is a sign that it’s worth it to explore the idea.

on a less dramatic note, i think your idea sounds great and that you ought to write it. who knows, it may become much, much more than you think when you put words to the page.

–a doubtful overthinker

DarkeReises

Ultimate Wankmaster, Jizzer of Universes
is it a ln?

nvm, I looked it up and it's a movie. I guess this idea isn't really that unique huh. well kinda expected it. I never really had a good imagination
Nothing wrong with not being unique, if you write it without having watched the fictions already with the idea, you won't be influenced and can make something your own. Your idea is pretty much what happens in the first 2-3 seasons of Lost, in a very general way though, iirc.

TheDark0ne

Well, I also had an idea sometime ago.
So it goes like : There is a world filled with parasites (Like Venom) and there is a lord among them, but for 1000 years they couldn't find a host so the lord position is empty for 1000 years, now they find a planet filled with good hosts ( humans) and when they find a host they can use magic and when a parasite host is killed by another host they can extract the power and their ability to use for themselves, a 20 year old crippled guy gets choose by a parasite that is the weakest how will he survive?
I know its shit.

ABCGUY

The German Idiot
So i was looking at another thread here and I got an idea. Not sure if it's good or shit. anyways here it is:

So there are x number of criminals on an army ship. The army ship was taking them somewhere else. Unfortunately, It got into an accident and the ship crashed and all the soldiers died. The group of people escaped from the ship only to find themselves In a massive island. they went out exploring in several groups and got separated. there were several broken structures on the island with various supplies. Then night fell. One of the group heard a scream from the other side of the island. they just ignored it thinking one of the others got into some trouble. unfortunately, the next night. the group met a creature. It was a terrifying monster that was slowly coming towards them. They tried shooting it but to no avail. so they just ran away. they also met up with other group and found out there were mercenaries on the island too. And they werent friendly
Isnt it like Predator but on an Island