I have a question

doravg

136/4001 (finally counted the stories)
So, how many chapters can we post per day, before our story gets flagged as spam for the day? It is just that, I have fun writing short stories from writing prompts, and want to know how many chapters I can churn up today, before I have to begin stockpiling. I think I read something about 10, but I am not so sure.

D

Deleted member 54065

Before you get flagged for spam, your readers might get annoyed at you first.

But seriously, there's no rule here regarding chapter uploads. Only recommendations, so you can always have the reader interest.

doravg

Before you get flagged for spam, your readers might get annoyed at you first.

But seriously, there's no rule here regarding chapter uploads. Only recommendations, so you can always have the reader interest.
I am sick of stockpiling chapters. Schedule one every evening, before bed. It is almost like I am a machine. Well, not for my crack.

doravg

I'm not sure, but I think more than two in quick succession.
Hm, ok. I guess, seeing as I space them out every 40 minutes, that I am in the green zone, then.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
So, how many chapters can we post per day, before our story gets flagged as spam for the day? It is just that, I have fun writing short stories from writing prompts, and want to know how many chapters I can churn up today, before I have to begin stockpiling. I think I read something about 10, but I am not so sure.
I don't know the exact numbers, but as long as the chapters are somewhat spread out, it shouldn't be a problem.

Try like... I dunno, scheduling each chapter to release an hour away from the other? I think that might work.

... Though maybe the system involved not showing too many chapters from the same series at the frontpage, so like... As long as something is pushed out of the frontpage, a new chapter should appear just fine, I think?

I'm really not sure on the specifics of the system, but as long as you put some time between each chapter, you should probably be fine.

D

Deleted member 54065

I am sick of stockpiling chapters. Schedule one every evening, before bed. It is almost like I am a machine. Well, not for my crack.
I think you should also consider your word count, along with release times.

Like, 1k-2k words are pretty fine for a daily release, but you'll risk having your readers drop your work if you upload 4k-6k chapters everyday.

I experienced it, more particularly, in Wattpad. In the end, I have to compromise and chop my chapters to 2k words on average, and upload during weekends and Wednesday.