I have a story I want to write, judge it by title.

J_Chemist

If the story doesn't utilize large words like "Compendium" and your grammar is absolute cheeks, I'm 0 bombing it.

Goodmann

Is he trying to matchmake dragons, or his kidnapped human princesses? I'd read the second, not the first

Alfir

The Inventor of Words
I think this will be fun as a writing prompt;

The Dragon Patriarch has struck gold in his love life, he has a beautiful and accommodating wife, awesome children who bring smiles to him, and he also has awesome friends. In a sense, he is truly loved. That's why he feels bad for his bachelor friends. Red keeps kidnapping princesses from the south, Black is obsessed with necrophilia and courting a self-obsessed vampire, Blue is a wanderlust and keeps making random hybrid babies everywhere, and Green is a shut-in. As dragons, it is the male population's responsibility to expand their numbers so that they don't go extinct, thus the beginning of... The Dragon Patriarch’s Compendium of Failed Matchmaking.

Though it might seem negative, this Compendium should help future generations which examples not to follow. Doing his best to record the failed matchmaking of his Dragon friends, the Dragon Patriarch proceeds to doggedly set up blind dates, and all kinds of gimmicks with his friends in hopes that they graduate from being a bachelor finally! Moreover, humanity should be more at ease if Red stops his princess-kidnapping... not to mention the random hybrid dragons that Blue keeps on spawning.

My judgment: I'd absolutely read it regardless of what species the Dragon Patriarch will be matchmaking.

Aez_Nairo

Demi-Human Of The Gray World
Bet the son is the protagonist that will cause subsequent trouble for their father who is in charge of the whole great nation.

list of event: disturbed the council meeting, escaping and hiding from them, get kidnapped easily, cancelled marriage, economy will become haywire, become friends with the enemies for fun.

Solving will be in comedy slap stick, surprising and dumb solution.

Is this considered as judging?
Or more like future guessing...

ReaderBecameWriter

He's a patriarch, and has failed multiple times on matchmaking? Like, he's matchmaking people, or himself? If himself, its like a compendium of past failed relationships? He eventually succeded, right? If not, how the fuck he's a patriarch? If he succeded, its like, a happy married dragon patriarch writing a compendium of his failed attempts at marriage? I can imagine the wife's reaction after reading it.

Goodmann

I think this will be fun as a writing prompt;

The Dragon Patriarch has struck gold in his love life, he has a beautiful and accommodating wife, awesome children who bring smiles to him, and he also has awesome friends. In a sense, he is truly loved. That's why he feels bad for his bachelor friends. Red keeps kidnapping princesses from the south, Black is obsessed with necrophilia and courting a self-obsessed vampire, Blue is a wanderlust and keeps making random hybrid babies everywhere, and Green is a shut-in. As dragons, it is the male population's responsibility to expand their numbers so that they don't go extinct, thus the beginning of... The Dragon Patriarch’s Compendium of Failed Matchmaking.

Though it might seem negative, this Compendium should help future generations which examples not to follow. Doing his best to record the failed matchmaking of his Dragon friends, the Dragon Patriarch proceeds to doggedly set up blind dates, and all kinds of gimmicks with his friends in hopes that they graduate from being a bachelor finally! Moreover, humanity should be more at ease if Red stops his princess-kidnapping... not to mention the random hybrid dragons that Blue keeps on spawning.

My judgment: I'd absolutely read it regardless of what species the Dragon Patriarch will be matchmaking.
Interesting point, but the fundamental flaw is that the matchmaking should be matriarchal. Given Dragon= Power, sex is by female's consent -- no rapist could survive the attempt(eviscerated with claws? Incinerated by dragon breath? Or throat ripped out with teeth?). Only social forces, or perhaps some type of heat, might create a ... less than desirable mating. Or odd male/female ratio, or size/magic/Imbalance between genders. Or baroque sex pattern like M/F/Neuter-egg-creator? Mother Nature likes KISS principle, usually...

Terrate

A dragon recounting his stories about his one night stands on a book, storytelling their child before meeting their mother.

"This is the long history before I met your mother."

Alfir

The Inventor of Words
Interesting point, but the fundamental flaw is that the matchmaking should be matriarchal. Given Dragon= Power, sex is by female's consent -- no rapist could survive the attempt(eviscerated with claws? Incinerated by dragon breath? Or throat ripped out with teeth?). Only social forces, or perhaps some type of heat, might create a ... less than desirable mating. Or odd male/female ratio, or size/magic/Imbalance between genders. Or baroque sex pattern like M/F/Neuter-egg-creator? Mother Nature likes KISS principle, usually...
I don't really understand... but I do have a two-syllable reaction: "Oh god..".

TheMonotonePuppet

A Writer With Enthusiasm & A Jester of Christmas!
This is so flawed with sexism, coming from a perspective narrowed by such strict cultural norms, that I don’t even know where to begin…:blob_no: