I have this one book...

doravg

107/4001 (bigot towards homophobs)
So, this is about Anti-cake Dungeon Delving. It is still being read. I am not talking about once in a blue moon, but during the week as well, not just during the weekend. Honestly, it was just a first draft I uploaded to feel the high from the views. So... why is it doing so well? I put more planning in Apple Grotto Nymph and Explorer's Guide. One with tons of research on plants, the other with tons of research in medical blogs.

Shouldn't the extra work be more noticeable?

I am not complaining, I love the fact that Anti-cake is still being read. But if I could figure out why, I could maybe get a second story like that. I did read it once, from start to finish. I simply can't explain it. It read exactly like any other story I have ever written. I can recognize my own word vomit tendencies in it. So... what could possibly still bring people to it?

Asking so I can piggyback on that magic ingredient a second time! XD

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
There isn’t much rhyme or reason why. Sometimes you connect with readers, sometimes you don’t.

greyliliy

This feels like when an artist posts a sketch and a finished work and the sketch gets far more attention.

You really can't predict readers at all. Lol.

RepresentingEnvy

En-Chan Queen Vampy!
One of my first stories did not connect with anyone and one of my newer ones doesn't really either. I can see why in my own writing. It depends on the reason I am writing the story. If I want to connect to people I make relatable dialogue and characters. Fluff stories seem to be the best at doing so, however.

My MCs are always flawed for this reason, too. A flaw will connect them more closely to the reader.

Enala (MC of vampire princess) is impulsive, one time to the point of harming herself, despite warnings. Yet, she is also very curious and loves to explore. She has a very larger-than-life personality when she is at her highest.

These character traits make the reader want to continue. Enala is curious, and the reader becomes also curious. Building on that, the reader shares her experiences. That's why when she ignored a warning label due to curiosity, many readers got upset. It's understandable because it is a facepalm moment that humanizes her, yet they keep reading.