I have to wonder...

Lysander_Works

Wonder what the late future will have in store for me. It's still very far off, but I may possibly decide to add my large project onto this platform. The Leray Series > I want people to know more about it, to read it and enjoy it. I had hoped to make some amount of royalty from it through KDP and Ibooks, but I'm beginning to see that it's nothing but an old pipe dream. I've never been good at convincing others to read stories behind any form of paywall.

I'm not ranting or complaining... Just wondering ~ I might make the choice of keeping it where it is while also publishing on sites like here, so that people can just read the Leray Series for free, to see all it is and be immersed into that amazing world. It is one of many legacies I'd like to try leaving behind.

SurfAngel_1031

I write for free anyway. I wouldn't know the first thing about trying to sell what I have.
I figure that the safest route is to have a well known publisher take a chance on a story rather than something shady on the internet.

AYM

Reading what the fuck you've just wrote
Move at your own pace.

GabrielTenma

As long as people enjoy it, you'll get some people wanting the physical copies or even paying for advance chapters one day.

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
Wonder what the late future will have in store for me.
Huh. Let's see.
*peers into the future*
Mmm... Hummm... Ummm? Huh? Oh? Hmm. Eww. EWW! OW! OH MY GOD! IN THE NAME OF ALL THAT IS HOLY AND THE SONG THAT ENDS THE WORLD WHAT THE UNHOLY FUCK IS THAT?

Uhhh...

7q7r9tzo0yu31-353690762.png

DaisukeHanashi

Once a horny writer, now a happy writer
Hone your discipline first by not relying on some motivational factors, and see to it if you're fully committed to it or not.

Even if you feel like shit, at least, a few words will do the work.

Spactacular

Wonder what the late future will have in store for me. It's still very far off, but I may possibly decide to add my large project onto this platform. The Leray Series > I want people to know more about it, to read it and enjoy it. I had hoped to make some amount of royalty from it through KDP and Ibooks, but I'm beginning to see that it's nothing but an old pipe dream. I've never been good at convincing others to read stories behind any form of paywall.

I'm not ranting or complaining... Just wondering ~ I might make the choice of keeping it where it is while also publishing on sites like here, so that people can just read the Leray Series for free, to see all it is and be immersed into that amazing world. It is one of many legacies I'd like to try leaving behind.
The understanding i have is that Advanced chaps seem to be the way to go for paid content. beyond that, I'm not sure what its like for the published books side of things, but from those I have spoken to, they all seem to lean towards using patreon for adv content over their novel sales

Lysander_Works

As long as people enjoy it, you'll get some people wanting the physical copies or even paying for advance chapters one day.

The best I can do on that is physical print books from KDP (and only black and white). I'd need serious seed money to try other methods.

The understanding i have is that Advanced chaps seem to be the way to go for paid content.

By advanced chaps, I assume you mean something that is like bonus content, maybe extra chapters or side quest type stuff?
It's an idea I suppose, but one that would lead me to needing more time, I think...

wresch

I understand the desire for publication. Money would be nice, and recognition. Periodically I reach out to agents. Last month I sent queries to forty or so. Got the usual non-response. In the meantime, we have forums like SH. Places to find a few readers. If we have stories to tell, we will tell them, even if it is to just a few people. I think of all the small bands that are out there playing in tiny bars. Will they ever be famous? Unlikely. But they enjoy playing, so they play. I like writing, so I write.

Attachments

• 0037321-9b9d71de-705c-488d-9666-a2999061bd20.jpg
    0037321-9b9d71de-705c-488d-9666-a2999061bd20.jpg
    905.2 KB · Views: 16

ReadLight

Only if they are salted or spicy...
Hm, that could be a new idea; Spicy Cookies. It's either one of the best new inventions, or the worst.
You first.
Spicy cookies exist as a Mexican food.
I encountered it once in a Mexican restaurant and purposefully decided not to try it.

Lysander_Works

Spicy cookies exist as a Mexican food.
I encountered it once in a Mexican restaurant and purposefully decided not to try it.
Yeah. Jokes aside - I know I wouldn't like it because I mostly don't like sweets. I'll stick to the spicy pizza and spicy tacos I enjoy so much. Extra extra spicy = a good time.