I Have Two Stories at the Top of Trending and I Don't Know Why

RavensDagger

Heya,

So, I mostly post on SH as a sort of back-up, and because I know some of the readers on here don't go to some of the other sites where I post. I've been here for... a little under a year, posting a few stories. Never got all that many views, but that's alright. It doesn't take much effort to cross-post after all.

But now I have stories on Trending, and I don't know why they're there.

Does anyone know how the Trending algorithm works?

I haven't been doing anything special. If anything I've slowed down my posting rate to just 8 chapters a week while I rebuild my backlog. So what gives?

RavensDagger

Views, comments, likes, ratings. Every other day. If these things combined, there's a spot for you at the Trending.

Why did I read that in the tone of the Avatar: The Last Airbender narrator?

Views. Comment. Likes. Ratings. All of these lived in harmony. Then everything changed when the Trending nation attacked.

but yeah, memes aside, I kinda figured it was a combo of the above. Does anyone know how many of any given one you need to jump to the top?

D

Deleted member 29316

1k views and above is sure @ Trending (as long as other stories' views don't push yours down). Also, around 40-50 (or even greater) comments too. The ratings and likes are like side dishes.

You have to do that every other day (recommended), but can be everyday as well.

Though, yeah, Trending is a magnet of bombers.

Fromage

Peerless member
Unlike other Isekai writing platform SH current trending algorithm is fair and balanced. If your story get into trending here you deserved it. I can tell you how it worked but then I will have to kill you.

RavensDagger

Unlike other Isekai writing platform SH current trending algorithm is fair and balanced. If your story get into trending here you deserved it. I can tell you how it worked but then I will have to kill you.

Which other platforms?

The only other one I use that has a Trending system is Royal Road, and I think after the last major update to its system it's become pretty fair.

Fromage

Peerless member

RavensDagger

Royal Road is so so, it doesn't have a bug that prevent you from rating some stories like Qidian.

Qidian has a rep for being an enormously unethical company. (Then again, it's Chinese, which is par for the course). I wouldn't put my stories on there if they paid me a premium to do so.

Royal Road is pretty decent. It's barely a company at all (run by two people, no mods or any other assistance) and it's very much a passion project. I don't mind supporting them as they grow.

There are a few others. Neovel is run by two French guys. Still very small. Tapas I hear is decent, but their word processor irritates me to no end. Wattpad is a hot mess, but it did just get bought by Naver (owners of Web Toon) so maybe it'll shape up. And Scribble Hub is also an option, though the quality of work on there is questionable at best.

Fromage

Peerless member
Jokes aside, I know some people here who actually prevent their own stories from reaching trending. The spirit queen of procrastination is one of them.

COLOC_Kid

morphing-state
Heya,

So, I mostly post on SH as a sort of back-up, and because I know some of the readers on here don't go to some of the other sites where I post. I've been here for... a little under a year, posting a few stories. Never got all that many views, but that's alright. It doesn't take much effort to cross-post after all.

I haven't been doing anything special. If anything I've slowed down my posting rate to just 8 chapters a week while I rebuild my backlog. So what gives?
OMG haha you haven't seen your fanbase have you

RavensDagger

OMG haha you haven't seen your fanbase have you

My fanbase? On SH?

I mostly interact with people on my patreon-only discord, and sometimes those who comment on a story, but otherwise I'm pretty laissez-faire. What fanbase are you talking about?

COLOC_Kid

morphing-state
Why did I read that in the tone of the Avatar: The Last Airbender narrator?

Views. Comment. Likes. Ratings. All of these lived in harmony. Then everything changed when the Trending nation attacked.

but yeah, memes aside, I kinda figured it was a combo of the above. Does anyone know how many of any given one you need to jump to the top?
you have all of those and more
My fanbase? On SH?

I mostly interact with people on my patreon-only discord, and sometimes those who comment on a story, but otherwise I'm pretty laissez-faire. What fanbase are you talking about?
HAHAHAHAHHAHAH

do you know how many people even read your stuff
🤔
THINK ON THAT

COLOC_Kid

morphing-state
My fanbase? On SH?

the one with 2000 favorites

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-01-25 at 1.19.47 PM.png
    Screenshot 2021-01-25 at 1.19.47 PM.png
    88.3 KB · Views: 58

COLOC_Kid

morphing-state
Yup basically what HansTrondheim said. The algorithm isn't known exactly, but it's a confluence of those things.
BTW I'm reading Dead Tired and it's very good. Great job there!
bro he doesn't know that people read his novel on a website made to read novels like :rolleyes:

COLOC_Kid

morphing-state
Heya,

By the way great story