I respect writers who can stick to a set schedule immensely

GwynGang

seriously, you guys are awesome. I don't know how you do it, but I sure as hell can't. Between my work, social life, and sudden spurs of writer's block, I can barely write a chapter or two a week if I'm lucky. I just want to say that you guys are disciplined as hell, and this is coming from someone who was in the military.

Last edited:

DemonOppai

Yandere’s Lover Corpse Collector
Yah I agree with this guys!! Well done dedicated authors!

here’s a 🏆

Jerynboe

My wife is also my editor and glares at me if I don’t give her something by the end of the weekend.

J_Chemist

I feel like a lazy pos if I don't get a chapter out and I don't do much on my weekends anyway. The schedule is more for my readers so they know when I'm hitting the publish button, or around when.

D

Deleted member 54065

seriously, you guys are awesome. I don't know how you do it, but I sure as hell can't. Between my work, social life, and sudden spurs of writer's block, I can barely write a chapter or two a week if I'm lucky. I just want to say that you guys are disciplined as hell, and this is coming from someone who was in the military.
If sticking to write you work for longer durations don't work for you, try to write in bursts instead. Yes, a sliver of discipline is needed, but there are also times when you have to circumvent the 'procrastination' but other methods.

Sleds

I'm looking for Disney Sleds
You can stack chapters before began to publish your story, that way you will have a chapter each time until your reach the end of the stacked chapters.

ArchlordZero

Stage 4 Cancer Shitposter
It is because you have what we don't have: social life.

ElijahRyne

A Hermit that is NOT that Lazy…
Agreed

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
it's just having a good routine which starts early in the day, and prioritizing writing over other shit

Premier

The trick is writers block isn’t really real. Commit to writing or doing nothing and you'll break that block eventually.

I’ve had days with no ideas. After ten minutes of staring at a screen you work it out

Last edited:

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
Oh. So what you are saying is I shouldn't have taken time off for Christmas, eh? Look, The great culling is coming up and I have to be ready if this is the year of Mmmzzrrmmzzth's ascension. I can't spend ALL my time writing.

Merry Christmas and may death take you before the elder ones rise again.

FleecedSheep

The Schedule is all I have. It is my life, my purpose of existence. Without it, I have nothing.

Tyranomaster

Guy who writes stuff
Oh. So what you are saying is I shouldn't have taken time off for Christmas, eh? Look, The great culling is coming up and I have to be ready if this is the year of Mmmzzrrmmzzth's ascension. I can't spend ALL my time writing.

Merry Christmas and may death take you before the elder ones rise again.
I marathoned for december so that while I am on vacation I could release a chapter everyday while not having to write at all on break. Gift to my readers, myself, and my family.

I find that having a backlog lets me keep schedule easily enough. Write 5 chapters in 3 days? Cool, I'm done for a while. Get the urge to write more? More backlog. Too big of a backlog? Have more chapters ahead on patreon or start an engagement/patron campaign. EZ PZ.

Corty

Sneaking in, stealing your socks.
It is because you have what we don't have: social life.

JadieAlissia

I was able to write (and finish) my novel for NaNoWriMo because I had free time but it's the editing that is going to take a while 🤔 I will probably post a chapter every 1-2 weeks but I am not sure if that is considered too far apart. I am also editing it as an audiobook at the same time which is why it is taking a while.

I am not sure how anyone does it for multiple years though. I am done after writing for a few months. I feel like I need a break lol. Just editing for a while now.

When I was making my manga the updates were super far apart (2 months or so) but I managed to complete it eventually :) So, though not consistent, at least it was finished for all the fans.

DaScoot

A backlog is absolutely the main key to being able to stick to a schedule. Honestly I don't understand how anyone does without one, it sounds like setting yourself up for stress.