Resolved I Seem to Not Be Able to Link Words

CadmarLegend

@Agentt found a key in the skeletons.
So, you know that handy feature on the edit page where you can select some text, go to hyperlink it, and then when you click on it, you get sent to the link?

well, whenever I tried doing that, it gave me an error page.

Screenshot_20210805-145331_Chrome.jpg

I was going to hyperlink a Wikipedia definition of a Phalanx to the word Phalanx, but it just gave me this screen.

This seems like a problem more faulty because of the browser I'm using (Chrome) than that of Scribble Hub, since it shows a page reload instead of an error page custom to Scribble Hub. However, I couldn't fix this problem. Any tips?

P.S.: I tried hyperlinking on another story as well (one of my own) but it also won't work there.

I've also realized the irony here, because the error page shows a hyperlink, which I couldn't make, so it gave me the error page. :blob_teary:

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
So, you know that handy feature on the edit page where you can select some text, go to hyperlink it, and then when you click on it, you get sent to the link?

View attachment 9059

I was going to hyperlink a Wikipedia definition of a Phalanx to the word Phalanx, but it just gave me this screen.

This seems like a problem more faulty because of the browser I'm using (Chrome) than that of Scribble Hub, since it shows a page reload instead of an error page custom to Scribble Hub. However, I couldn't fix this problem. Any tips?

P.S.: I tried hyperlinking on another story as well (one of my own) but it also won't work there.

I've also realized the irony here, because the error page shows a hyperlink, which I couldn't make, so it gave me the error page. :blob_teary:
Well, did you try it in a different browser/device to see if the error persisted?

And did you try restarting your browser/device too?

CadmarLegend

Well, did you try it in a different browser/device to see if the error persisted?

And did you try restarting your browser/device too?
I restarted, and did try a different browser (Brave). Still kept showing me an error page.

:blob_teary: :blob_catflip:

Tony

Staff member

View attachment 9059

I can't seem to recreate this bug. Which series/chapter are you editing? and which link are you using?

CadmarLegend

I can't seem to recreate this bug. Which series/chapter are you editing? and which link are you using?
I was editing a draft of this story and the link I wanted to hyperlink was https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phalanx.

I can add in the link and stuff in the "fill-out" section, but whenever I try to confirm, it just won't work, and just send me to an error page.

Here's everything in order. Sorry that I can only provide screenshots from my phone, right now.

First,

Screenshot_20210805-230537_Chrome.jpg

As you can see, I've filled our everything that I need to do. All I need to do now is 'Confirm'.

Screenshot_20210805-230541_Chrome.jpg

However, it sends me that error afterwards.

Tony

Staff member
I was editing a draft of this story and the link I wanted to hyperlink was https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phalanx.

I can add in the link and stuff in the "fill-out" section, but whenever I try to confirm, it just won't work, and just send me to an error page.

Here's everything in order. Sorry that I can only provide screenshots from my phone, right now.

First,

View attachment 9072
As you can see, I've filled our everything that I need to do. All I need to do now is 'Confirm'.

View attachment 9073

However, it sends me that error afterwards.

hmm. I'm not sure atm. I'm trying it on my phone and I can't recreate this bug. Is this a new bug for you? Installed any new plugins lately?

CadmarLegend

hmm. I'm not sure atm. I'm trying it on my phone and I can't recreate this bug. Is this a new bug for you? Installed any new plugins lately?
It is a new bug, and I haven't installed any new plug-ins. I do know that I could hyperlink before. Maybe it's my devices? A Chromebook and a Samsung A20? I don't have another computer with me ATM (fixing some unresponsive keys) so I can't test if the bug's related to my devices or my browser/account itself. Thanks for trying, though. I'll check one more time and edit this with the result.

Welp, I hyperlinked after a few months when I situation came up, and... it worked! It probably had something to do with my devices. But I don't know what.

Last edited: