I wasn't meant to die today.

Zenkarn

Story prompt: Something short, sweet with the phrase "I wasn't meant to die today."

Bonus points if it has a cat in it, I like cats.

ArcadiaBlade

I'm a Lazy Writer, So What?
This is the story of Chadicus.

A street cat follows a man.

He stalks his prey, waiting for an opportunity.

And when he does...

He comforts the man while trying to pull him off a bridge.

He nuzzles the man in warmth.

"I can't do it...." The man replied.

Chadicus meows always have been manly to the point where a single growl can attract the pussies.

Yet, he growl softly. A comforting growl, to give comfort and warmth to the man.

"Yes! I wasn't mean't to die today!" The man exclaimed. He knew that he shouldn't jump.

"Thank you ma-" The man bowed to which he only saw a glimpse of the manly cat walking off the sunset. His slow walk which gives grace and strength while staring at the sun, unmoved by the man's gesture of thanks.

This was just another job for the manly Chadicus, the street cat that helps anyone in need.

This is all the effort i can give considering that I'm not a cat person.

A2Remedy

A little bittersweet, I hope this is alright though! I only had one of my MCs on my mind and went with it! :blob_no:

Staring at the arch pouring light into the room. Barely able to move a muscle. Her head is rested on the knee of the being who watched her get so far, only to come so short from the end.

"I'm... sorry..."

"No, don't be... I'm so sorry. You did wonderfully. It wasn't meant to be like this... It was never meant to be like this!" The being couldn't help but tear up, to find their champion... their dear friend in such a state, severed from her waist, just hanging on by the connection between them.

"...I wasn't... meant to die today?"

"No... We were going to make your dream come true today, dear..."

"Hey,... could you pro...mise me... some...thing?"

Being well aware that even the strongest of her magics couldn't help her right now, the being bit her lip and nodded her head. "What would you like, my little witch?"

The fallen champion smiles once more at the person they chose to stand for."I'll get to be... your lit...tle witch... for real, next time..."

"... Of course, if you'll still be willing to have me, sugar..."

"We'll... be... unstoppable..." As the silver thread of life grows thinner and thinner to a sliver, the being stares at the one who called her a friend, smiling even in her final breath. They caress her hair and share a small smile, tears streaming down their face as they laughed. That laughter soon turned into one of the most solemn sobs in the realm. For everyone watching beyond, for those who had doubts, this is what it truly meant for a god and human to care for each other so.

Not for one to be on a pedestal, but to truly walk hand in hand for the sake of creating a better place. This only served to be one of five legends of those who sacrificed themselves for the world to strive forth.

Check it out if you're curious to learn more about our little witch.

https://www.scribblehub.com/series/465031/tales-amongst-the-wind-naruto-au/

Last edited:

Snowyflakes

I wasn't meant to die today. The Foretellers had shown me before as I eagerly awaited my turn to receive the wisdom of the Great Oracle. Each and any one of us, people of the mountains, were forced to go and listen to its prophecy of our own life. It was a custom from ancient times, and those who disobeyed were left to die in the pit so others could watch and learn from it. To fear.

And I was excited by this at the time, barely managing to suppress my exhilaration that fateful night. The moon was up in the pitch-black sky, with no stars as witnesses to my prognostication ritual. As I took my vows under the saint fire of the Goddess of the Moon, only the howls of wolves could be heard throughout the silver chamber. As I felt the harsh coldness of winter, goosebumps rose on my arms. Once again, I thought I was blessed with a fortunate night.

The Foretellers closed their eyes, listening to the wise whispers of the Great Oracle as I gave a few drops of blood to the lost souls from the shadows. Those poor, pitiful souls that had been left in our world with the sole purpose of deciding whether our intentions were pure or evil. They were the servants of the Goddess, her mystical tools crucial for the ritual.

When the moon aligned perfectly in the center of the sky, the never-ending hollow shined wonderfully in front of my eyes, stealing a quick smile for me. It was a sign that my blood proved to be pure.

Suddenly, a low, hoarse voice could be heard throughout the chamber,

"Your fate would be of great help to your people, as dark times would come. The suffering of hundreds would be spared because of you, for you would possess the wisdom and bravery to fight against the oppression of evil. You shall live another five years without knowing the rest until the evil forces are defeated. Rest well tonight, as your fate awaits you."

Lies. Painful lies that tore my soul to pieces now. Back then, I couldn't believe it. Now, however, I know the truth.

A small snowflake has landed on my palm as I am now sitting on a rock in the middle of the Dark Forests. I looked at it, tilting my head to admire its beauty. The last pure symbol of my people. It almost makes me reconsider my decision. But, in the end, nothing can.

"What a sad feeling," I murmured to myself as I was alone in this damned place.

I clenched my fist and sighed, closing my eyes tightly as remnants from my happy past appeared in my mind, flashing briefly as images. Images with the people I love, with the lake I once went to with such constancy, with the mountain I once prayed to, the only sacred symbol of my faith.

A soft miaow made me turn my head to the side. A black cat with yellow eyes approached me reluctantly. I extended my arm in the animals' direction, reassuringly. She came to me, purring and rubbing her head against my knee. I hesitated about touching its soft fur, as I was hesitant about offering my love ever again to anyone and anything.

I didn't rise until after I spent a few moments cuddling the animal, realizing that it was my last chance to show love to a living creature. Standing straight on my legs, I sighed again, took my sword, and got ready to go down deep into the darkened woods. I could hear the voices of hundreds of warriors approaching.

I laughed bitterly, thinking it had been only three years since I received my prophecy. Patting the cat on her back one more time, I started to walk to fight my last battle.

Note: Here. You got your cat. :blob_joy:

Zenkarn

This is the story of Chadicus.

A street cat follows a man.

He stalks his prey, waiting for an opportunity.

And when he does...

He comforts the man while trying to pull him off a bridge.

He nuzzles the man in warmth.

"I can't do it...." The man replied.

Chadicus meows always have been manly to the point where a single growl can attract the pussies.

Yet, he growl softly. A comforting growl, to give comfort and warmth to the man.

"Yes! I wasn't mean't to die today!" The man exclaimed. He knew that he shouldn't jump.

"Thank you ma-" The man bowed to which he only saw a glimpse of the manly cat walking off the sunset. His slow walk which gives grace and strength while staring at the sun, unmoved by the man's gesture of thanks.

This was just another job for the manly Chadicus, the street cat that helps anyone in need.

This is all the effort i can give considering that I'm not a cat person.
This made me laugh, and I really needed it today. Thank you.

RepresentingEnvy

En-Chan Queen Vampy!
The forums were vibrant, and Agentt the catboy had appeared. Aaqil the cookie monster arrived to sap away his life and his cookies. That is when Agentt had said "I wasn't meant to die today".

minionlover

I wasn't meant to die today, and yet... I did.

Stuck in a trance, my soul drifted away from the corpse that swinged by the will of wind.

It drifted towards my home, an old cottage shed where only the critters accomodated. Scouring through forgotten memories, I looked towards the walls, where the pictures hanged.

My eyes fell to one photo, only one. It was dusty and old, with the image of boy holding a bright red balloon.

That was my brother Micheal.

—The End.

Auratic

A man is about to commit suicide with a gun, deathly silent with the only exception being the annoyingly loud clock ticking in the background. First time he tries to shoot himself, he hears the click of the firing pin striking the cartridge in time with the ticking of the clock. Well-worn yet meticulously maintained, it was a mystery as to why the gun misfired. Overcome with emotions brought about by the memories that led him up to this point, tears are welling up shimmering in the faint light, some time passes as he holds the barrel of the gun against the side of his head, trembling. Eventually he racks the slide with force, the faulty cartridge was ejected, clinking on wooden flooring as the weapon chambered the next bullet from the magazine. This one for sure. Just as his finger was about to squeeze the trigger, he was startled by the meowing of a cat outside the window of his room. A mangy stray cat with large tufts of hair missing, perhaps young perhaps malnourished, it was thin and small, though not a kitten. It was scratching against the window. Placing the gun down on a table. He went up to the window, the feline had few scars, beaten and battered. Somehow it reminded him of himself.
As he slid open the window, a breeze of cool fresh air from the recent rain rushed past him. Just as he tried to reach out to the cat, a loud bang startled the two of them, the cat quickly darted away disappearing into the dark. Turns out he had pulled the trigger when he was startled by the animal, the gun had fired on its own on the table. Another faulty bullet, hanging for a while before the accelerant igniting. The projectile had just missed him instead it hit the framed picture of someone, shattering its glass. The photo was of someone dear to him, someone now gone. Picking up the ragged photo now damaged beyond recognition a thought crossed his mind.
Maybe there was still one more thing he could do in this life.
- "Maybe" he thought "Maybe I wasn't meant die today."

This is shit and I'm way out of my league. Someone with actual brainpower might be able to make something salvageable out of this.

Last edited:

pelpelen

I wasn't meant to die today....
But as i draw my last breaths while having a heart attack, i could see my vegan cat waiting.
Waiting for an oppurtunity, for my death...
"Mr. Puffels... You were supposed to be vegan..."
As my sight begins to darken and i slowly die, i begin to feel a sharp pain.
With my last bit of energy, i look at Mr. Puffels. And i can see him nibbing on my flesh.

A2Remedy

I wasn't meant to die today....
But as i draw my last breaths while having a heart attack, i could see my vegan cat waiting.
Waiting for an oppurtunity, for my death...
"Mr. Puffels... You were supposed to be vegan..."
As my sight begins to darken and i slowly die, i begin to feel a sharp pain.
With my last bit of energy, i look at Mr. Puffels. And i can see him nibbing on my flesh.
MR. PUFFELS NOOO!

Generally speaking when a ritual goes wrong there are two usual outcomes. First, something terrible happens. I'm talking everyone falls dead with eyes bleeding or everyone turns into a vegetable, their souls banished into Great Beyond kind of terrible. Second, nothing happens. Thankfully, latter is far more common than former in our group. That's why when our chant ended and we were left alone in quietness save for night wind rustling tree leaves I thought "Welp, I wasn't meant to die tonight either." I pulled off my hood as I saw others doing the same.

Once you get past the awkwardness of grown men and women wearing cosplay outfits and calling out to any god who would listen to end this world already pretty please it's a nice pastime. I don't think I would ever get myself to take a walk through the woods at night if I didn't join a cult. We did use the big names in the past: good old Cthulhu, Fenrir, Chernobog. But that's when the mistakes of a first kind started to crop up often. There was some heated discussion and the cult split. Hardcore apocalyptic aficionados kept on calling out to the big guys and we modified the chants to avoid annoying anyone specific. As it happened, despite the best effort of both of our groups world is still standing but we get out of this theraupeutic night walks and lost feeling of adventure and they got bleeding eyes at best.

I breathed in deep cool air, raised my head to look at starry sky and screamed. The stars were moving, or perhaps the sky itself was moving, falling, shrinking. It started getting lighter, it was almost like a sunrise except light was emerging not only from east but from all directions at the same time while in the middle stars swimming in the pool of blackness were gathering close. Someone else screamed and I heard someone, maybe Jake, falling but I could not tear my eyes away from the sky. In bleak light I saw edges of the night take gracious, fluid form. As the sky lit up night fell between us landing smoothly on it's four paws. There were nebulas in it's eyes as it stared on us indifferently. I didn't notice when the ones who were screaming stopped. It opened it's feline mouth and said in a soft voice "No. I quite like it." Then it jumped and got farther and bigger until it's paws went beyond the horizon, covering up the light and all we could see was it's stomach covered in black fur.

We were left in silence again except for Jake who kept on muttering without end "Night is a belly of black cat, night is a belly of black cat."

Zenkarn

Generally speaking when a ritual goes wrong there are two usual outcomes. First, something terrible happens. I'm talking everyone falls dead with eyes bleeding or everyone turns into a vegetable, their souls banished into Great Beyond kind of terrible. Second, nothing happens. Thankfully, latter is far more common than former in our group. That's why when our chant ended and we were left alone in quietness save for night wind rustling tree leaves I thought "Welp, I wasn't meant to die tonight either." I pulled off my hood as I saw others doing the same.

Once you get past the awkwardness of grown men and women wearing cosplay outfits and calling out to any god who would listen to end this world already pretty please it's a nice pastime. I don't think I would ever get myself to take a walk through the woods at night if I didn't join a cult. We did use the big names in the past: good old Cthulhu, Fenrir, Chernobog. But that's when the mistakes of a first kind started to crop up often. There was some heated discussion and the cult split. Hardcore apocalyptic aficionados kept on calling out to the big guys and we modified the chants to avoid annoying anyone specific. As it happened, despite the best effort of both of our groups world is still standing but we get out of this theraupeutic night walks and lost feeling of adventure and they got bleeding eyes at best.

I breathed in deep cool air, raised my head to look at starry sky and screamed. The stars were moving, or perhaps the sky itself was moving, falling, shrinking. It started getting lighter, it was almost like a sunrise except light was emerging not only from east but from all directions at the same time while in the middle stars swimming in the pool of blackness were gathering close. Someone else screamed and I heard someone, maybe Jake, falling but I could not tear my eyes away from the sky. In bleak light I saw edges of the night take gracious, fluid form. As the sky lit up night fell between us landing smoothly on it's four paws. There were nebulas in it's eyes as it stared on us indifferently. I didn't notice when the ones who were screaming stopped. It opened it's feline mouth and said in a soft voice "No. I quite like it." Then it jumped and got farther and bigger until it's paws went beyond the horizon, covering up the light and all we could see was it's stomach covered in black fur.

We were left in silence again except for Jake who kept on muttering without end "Night is a belly of black cat, night is a belly of black cat."
Oh, that's cool! Nicely done.