Identity dilemma

Who will you pick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
D

Deleted member 113259

It makes sense, yes. But both of you know that you've swapped body here.
You said that you don't remember who you were before, so how exactly would you remember the swap? It would feel like some odd dream. Even if you did remember, in that last scenario one of those two becomes someone who's both nice and murders people so it would be a completely different person that doesn't match the killer or the teacher.

Woolen_Bat_Monkey

Adopted son of Envy
I phrased the question so badly here that I want to cry. :blob_teary:
It's okay you only messed up a little bit... Okay maybe a little more than a little like a medium amount of messed up.
You said that you don't remember who you were before, so how exactly would you remember the swap? It would feel like some odd dream. Even if you did remember, in that last scenario one of those two becomes someone who's both nice and murders people so it would be a completely different person that doesn't match the killer or the teacher.
Can't you let me be right? I'm going to cry!!! 😭

Reinaislost

Miss Direction
Yes. What I meant there is that you'd not have double memories. For you, it'll be like if you have truly swapped bodies, but you know that it is only the mental content that actually changed.

RepresentingEnvy

En-Chan Queen Vampy!
Yes. What I meant there is that you'd not have double memories. For you, it'll be like if you have truly swapped bodies, but you know that it is only the mental content that actually changed.
I got the meaning of the question.(I think all of this extra explanation is just confusing me)

Woolen_Bat_Monkey

Adopted son of Envy
Hahaha hah. Me BIG BRIAN FOR I AM BALD UAKARI.

RepresentingEnvy

En-Chan Queen Vampy!
:blob_teary: is the question phrased fine currently?
It reads fine to me, and I understood what you meant the first time. Basically, swap my memories to other person, or they swap their memories to me? The million dollar thing is just a bonus, and whoever gets the memories leaves behind a husk.
It reads fine to me, and I understood what you meant the first time. Basically, swap my memories to other person, or they swap their memories to me? The million dollar thing is just a bonus, and whoever gets the memories leaves behind a husk.
I gave my memories to other person, so my husk was left behind.

D

Deleted member 113259

This is also something that can be argued in terms of the intent of the question but I'm not going to. Wow, what a swell guy I am.

Woolen_Bat_Monkey

Adopted son of Envy

I gave my memories to another person, so my husk was left behind.

Now here is another thing. What are you going to do outside? Does the body have a family, wife, kid? Any crimes committed. What about your wife or family are you going to reconnect with them. What about for job qualifications?

Reinaislost

Miss Direction

I was confused before but now I understand. What I meant was that both of your minds will be altered regardless. The million-dollar thing was a foresight to what you think is your identity. If you pick the body, it means that despite having the memories and stuff of the other person, your body remains the same and thus your identity. If you pick the other captive, you think your identity transfers with your memories. Given in both cases, you choose self-preservation.

RepresentingEnvy

En-Chan Queen Vampy!
I was confused before but now I understand. What I meant was that both of your minds will be altered regardless. The million-dollar thing was a foresight to what you think is your identity. If you pick the body, it means that despite having the memories and stuff of the other person, your body remains the same and thus your identity. If you pick the other captive, you think your identity transfers with your memories. Given in both cases, you choose self-preservation.
Now I am confused. My brain to smol for this.

RepresentingEnvy

En-Chan Queen Vampy!
I don't know, honestly. This is exactly the same though experiment I learnt when reading body and memory theory of personal identity.
You are fine. I am just not good at understanding some things, and the more the explanation here the more confused I get.

Reinaislost

Miss Direction
You are fine. I am just not good at understanding some things, and the more the explanation here the more confused I get.
Here's an article on this: