I'm losing energy to write

Kamelingil

Head of Thicc Thighs Supremacy
I don't know why I'm losing motivation to write my story, maybe because of study problems and busy, maybe because of stress, though I'm still young for that to happen.

Bluebery

Serpent Keeper
That happens! For me, there are 2 times when I lose energy to write:

- when I'm not writing everyday
OR
- when I'm writing too much everyday

But whatever you do, don't stop no matter what.

detroitapollo

I don't know why I'm losing motivation to write my story, maybe because of study problems and busy, maybe because of stress, though I'm still young for that to happeha
Happens to all of us. Take a week break then return to writing. Just don't be like me that I took almost a year to continue my story I put on hiatus. God speed to you anon.

doravg

105/4001 (too lazy to count the stories again.)
Don't push yourself. Since I started writing just one 2k words chapter per day, I have been finding inspiration every morning, without feeling tired, like I did, when I wrote 4k-5k words, or even more, per day. What I found useful is, that I generate AI art for my stories, and post it on Deviantart, which connects me to other people, and is low-key advertisement for my stories as well. Although, I think that my watchers are just enjoying the pics and the small stories I write to go along with them. But, do you know what? I found out that someone has translated my book, An Explorer's Guide, in Russian today! Without permission, but that still made me feel good. And not just the first chapter, but the entire book. When something like this happens to you, you will feel motivated to write, even if you have woken up on the wrong foot this morning.
Happy writing! Have a lovely day!

Erios909

The amount of energy you have to put into a single story is limited.
Think of it like a tank of gas.
When you write, you're using up your fuel.
You can only store up so much fuel at one time, and you can only replenish a certain amount of it every day.
Guess what? Dealing with everything else in your life uses that fuel up, too.
Once you run out of the fuel, does everything stop? No.
But you begin to run on deficit. You're spending next week's fuel, and simply trying to recover will take time. It's called burnout, it happens with everything. Everyone's built differently, but most people can't keep up a maximum amount of enthusiasm about one thing for an infinite amount of time.
Its not as simple as having one type of fuel, either.
You have gold fuel, silver fuel, and low-grade fuel.
You might be able to replenish higher level fuel while using the lower grade fuel, but I cannot for example. It can also be divided even more, with different fuel types for different types of creative projects.
You might need the higher grade fuels for writing, and when you have to use the silver or low-grade fuel to write, things become very hard, quality suffers, and things won't feel right. You will struggle.
Myself, I usually can store up 30-60 days of gold fuel, and during that time I can write 5-8k words on a story i'm excited about, no problem. After that I'm using silver fuel, which doesn't feel great. I've had to do that way too much with the way I've structured my writing envrioment and plans, but I'm slowly working on improving things. I can write about 2-3k words 4-5 days a week on silver fuel. Recently I've tapped out on one story and am using low-grade fuel. Its a struggle to just write one 3k word chapter a week like that, and it feels terrible. A poor usage of time.
I'll stress that these are just the things I've found, there are no hard numbers that line up between people...you have to be mindful and think about your own experiences and think about how things are going for yourself. Then figure out your own creative 'fuel' systems work, and try to engineer a way that works well for you.

Comiak

Foxgirl enthusiast
I've been losing motivation too. It's really hard to keep up sometimes. Someone once said that loss of motivation is just your brain wanting something new so maybe try branching out?

Kamelingil

Head of Thicc Thighs Supremacy
I've been losing motivation too. It's really hard to keep up sometimes. Someone once said that loss of motivation is just your brain wanting something new so maybe try branching out?
I recently found out that the cause of my loss of motivation was lack of sleep