Implementing a "Random Series" div under the "Latest Series" div?

LinXueLian

Always Handsome
Hi, hello~ :blob_aww: I've been poking around and I haven't seen it yet, but would it be possible to implement a "Random Series" div under the "Trending" and "Latest Series" div?

Something like this (marked in red):
sh_mainpage.jpg

It will change each time someone visits or refreshes the page.

I accidentally copied the "View More" link into the image, but it's not necessary to have it since just the front page is probably enough. :blob_okay:

I noticed people were worried about not being trending/popular and being forgotten. Right now there are over 6000++ stories on the site. Would adding this feature perhaps help advertise older stories that are not at the top or allow people to randomly pick a title to try out? It might also help the site look more varied on the front page, giving it an edge to similar sites like RR.

Thank you~ :blob_melt:

Edit:

Alternatively, if you want the site to look more diverse/varied, you can apply a "Forced Variation" technique to encourage more different types of people to join (either as readers or writers, makes it look more inviting to them)

Also re-labeled "Random" to "Other Available Titles". Looks friendlier!

Below is a suggestion, but as there are too many genres on the site, I wouldn't recommend it too highly.

Untitled-1.jpg

Last edited:

PieCoNsUmEr

The Fisher Dragun
@LinXueLian Maybe it could be below latest updates section, so it won’t clog up the top. Or that’s a bad idea cause it would look kinda like this:

Trending

Latest

Updates
Series
Random

Snusmumriken

Vagabond and traveller
While I agree in general with this idea, it also needs a more robust rating system in general or a robust random sorting algorithm.

At this moment all readers could see is the name, the picture (if it exists) and the rating. In the difference with the trending and the new, there isn't a clear cut reason why they are worth clicking at and rating isn't as effective on weeding out bad results. So people would likely click mostly on pictures they like or names catchy enough.

I would probably lean towards random from select category (possibly even allowing readers to choose the categories they wish to see on the random feed) or based on the reader reading list.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
While I agree in general with this idea, it also needs a more robust rating system in general or a robust random sorting algorithm.

At this moment all readers could see is the name, the picture (if it exists) and the rating. In the difference with the trending and the new, there isn't a clear cut reason why they are worth clicking at and rating isn't as effective on weeding out bad results. So people would likely click mostly on pictures they like or names catchy enough.

I would probably lean towards random from select category (possibly even allowing readers to choose the categories they wish to see on the random feed) or based on the reader reading list.
It would probably be implemented in a way that is very similar to this one: https://www.novelupdates.com/random-novel/

I'd say it will happen eventually, just not with the random novels showing directly in the homepage, but instead as a button people can click on to get to random novels~