Writing Improving 1% Everyday: Journey to be a Villainous Writer

Mythrnl

Started this thread to discuss and share my strategy as I improve as writer. This is not a good boy or girl guide.
Main Goal:
Write Better. Write Efficient.
Main Difference: No BS. No morals. If it works, it better be here.
P.S - Don't worry. I have a bottom line. Mainly I will use this thread for watching my series growth as I apply each strategy that I develop.

First Impression Matters:
Got time to write your first chapter? Then you better spend more than that to perfect your landing page.
Why: One of the reason series get abandoned is motivation. One of the main way to get motivation for a writer is their reader. So to get those daily dose of your motivation, you better entice them with a delicious time.
  • Title: ??????? Not Decided.
  • Cover Page
  • Genres: ?????
  • Tags: ?????

Perfection that you Achieve:

Improvement Everyday
Planning to Post or Edit once everyday.

WORK IN PROGRESS

Last edited:

Mythrnl

Cover Page

Unless you write in BL, Lovecraftian, Horror. It would be better to have a female in your cover. Unless you want to show the world your prowess to succeed. If yes then good luck to you brother and sister.

Not necessarily sexy or hot. Even a simple next girl neighbour girl image is good than nature.

My Reasons: For me, writing is sharing emotions. I don't know about you, but I feel more emotion when looking at a person then at mountains or rivers.

Do: Use character that appears in a timely manner in your novel.
Don't: Use character whose boobs on the cover don't match any character. Be tasteful.

There are already many advice on them and I have already decided on mine.
Will Add more later if I changed mine or my reasoning behind it.

Last edited:

Mythrnl

Provided its actually a character that appears in a timely manner. Ive seen many stories where the boobs on the cover dont match any character.
Yeah, guess I should add that. Thanks

Mythrnl

Grammar and Spellings

English US or UK??
That's always the first question asked by every grammar and spellings checker I have the pleasure of using. And I've a perfectly straight answer for you. Unless your readers are totally different for mine.

GrammarNSpellings.png

Shameless Promotion - Chapter 1: Cliché Reincarnation of The Young Master is the Last Villain
This is the result of the poll that's been on the first chapter of my novel. I've decided to make it without a time limit for now. May remove in future.

So check it out for latest result Link! :blob_wink: :blob_wink:
Please forgive this junior for his shamelessness :blob_teehee: :blob_teehee:

As you can see, the vast majority of reader doesn't care. So that's good for my earlier chapters. But deciding forward you better set the option to English US.

Tools That I Use:
Google Docs
Grammarly - Link
Using Grammarly to Avoid Similar Word usage, and the normal Grammarly stuff.

Tools that Others Use:
ChatGPT - Link
Tried, but the bastard is either overly Fluffy or Overly Serios. CANT READ THE ROOM!

P.S I know I know. First few chapters of my novel are poor in grammar. I'm editing it out, so please don't dish it out on me. And if you have a problem with me giving advice. Hey moron, this thread not for you.

Last edited:

Mythrnl

Passive Voice

The active voice focuses on the sentence's Subject, who is taking direct action. SUBJECT. Good for Fiction Writing
The passive voice shifts the focal point to the recipient of the action. OBJECT. Good for Formal Writing

How to Identify Active and Passive Voice?​

Active Voice: In active voice, the subject performs the action. It's direct and concise.
Example: "The chef (subject) prepared (action) a delicious meal."

Passive Voice: In passive voice, the subject receives the action. It's indirect and often used when the doer of the action is less important.
Example: "A delicious meal (subject/Object-for me) was prepared (action) by the chef."

Advanced Tip: To identify passive voice, look for forms of "to be" (e.g., was, were) followed by the past participle (e.g., prepared). In active voice, the subject acts on the object, making it easier to spot.

GOLDEN RULE: The Subject(Action Doer) followed by VERB(Doing Part) to the Object(have Done something to it)

I'm using Grammarly to covert my Passive to Active. (For quick solution)
And Learning to use Active Voice when writing.

Do I need anything more? Please Advice.

Last edited: