Inadvertent grooming novels

APieceOfRock

Yuri Lover, endeed!
Never encountered them. Do they often have a common genre, like romance and such? (Or maybe you're talking about this childcare novels)

Lorelliad

call me Roamer 🎩
Got any examples?
20230928_181347.jpg

Kalliel

Grind, Future, A Beautiful Star
Yes. 'I raised Snow White!'
The protagonist as the evil stepmom raised Snow White since she was 6, and now, as of the latest chapter, Snow White has already gone yandere. She kidnapped the protagonist and locked her in her room.

Now, I don't really feel anything about this, because, you know, stepmom. And Snow White at this point is already 20, so all fine by me.
I don't know about real incest and underage kids though.

APieceOfRock

Yuri Lover, endeed!
I remember now, this one Kidnapped Dragons

I never actually reached the part where the MC supposedly gets with the dragons, but I think the development was fine. :blobreading:
*the part where the MC gets with the dragon. Singular.
They're both very adult so it's maybe okay. The green dragon is more like the other dragons' mom than a sister. The other dragons are literally his kids and there's no romantic connection between them.
Don't take offence. I'm such big fan of the novel that I will correct every mistake however small.

Lorelliad

call me Roamer 🎩
*the part where the MC gets with the dragon. Singular.
They're both very adult so it's maybe okay. The green dragon is more like the other dragons' mom than a sister.
Oh, that's nice. I stopped before that happened :blobreading:

MintiLime

Unofficial Class President, Author
Never encountered them. Do they often have a common genre, like romance and such? (Or maybe you're talking about this childcare novels)
You’re lucky… very lucky…
They freak me out. The ONLY time I’ll forgive it is in a quick wear novel where there’s like 100 previous worlds proving they are soulmates and the kid is 100% already adult mind + soul. It’s gross otherwise, especially in some novels where the adult has feelings for the child… DROP. AUTOMATIC DROP, DNR!

APieceOfRock

Yuri Lover, endeed!
Oh, that's nice. I stopped before that happened :blobreading:
I recommend picking it up again. It's most likely the best KR novel I've ever read.
You’re lucky… very lucky…
They freak me out. The ONLY time I’ll forgive it is in a quick wear novel where there’s like 100 previous worlds proving they are soulmates and the kid is 100% already adult mind + soul. It’s gross otherwise, especially in some novels where the adult has feelings for the child… DROP. AUTOMATIC DROP, DNR!
do you mean novels on this site of KR and CN novels?

HelloHound

Hound of hell, lover of girls
they're not the worst things out there, though any where the two are blood related should be burned with fire

WingsOfPhantasy

Tomboy Agenda Symphathizer
It's weird because at the end of the day, the MC will most likely be 'horizontal monster mashing~' with the person they raised into adulthood.
And even weirder, is that in stories like these, there's a moment when 'Daddy/Mommy :D' eventually turns into 'Daddy/Mommy~', and it's really not for me.
(Looking at you, story that has an adopted daughter grow up and want to 'shaboink' their dad and have babies.)

MintiLime

Unofficial Class President, Author
I recommend picking it up again. It's most likely the best KR novel I've ever read.

do you mean novels on this site of KR and CN novels?
I’ve only seen in it on novelupdates translated ones, but I also learned to steer clear of any red flags. Can’t speak to whether there are any on here

LilRora

Mostly formless
I haven't really read any with a yandere, but I did encounter more than one similar to what you described. If they're written realistically, then sure, why not. Can be good like any other. Usually though it gets unrealistic when the mc's knowledge and Special Methods somehow makes those children stronger than all their peers.

In regards to yanderes though, if it's just one then it might even be nice, depending how it's written. If it's more than one though, it's a no from me. I've had enough of stupid drama.

J_Chemist

I wouldn't say it's yandere but Shield Hero has it, though the MC perceives them as his kids and doesn't get romantic over them. (As far as I know, I never complleted it). Yes, it's weird and I agree that anything angled towards CP/Grooming should be squashed.

However, a doting father should always be a doting father. And as kids, sometimes our first loves are our parents because we don't recognize what the emotion is so we cling to our parents excessively. I can handle a little of that clinging and doting parental affection.

It's when it gets more than that where the line in the sand gets drawn. Love your kids but don't make it weird, man.

Tsuru

Robot
You know, those (mostly Korean) novels where mc (sometimes a kid) picks up a kid, raises them but they grow up to be yanderes with an oedepus complex? What do you think of them?
Yes. 'I raised Snow White!'
The protagonist as the evil stepmom raised Snow White since she was 6, and now, as of the latest chapter, Snow White has already gone yandere. She kidnapped the protagonist and locked her in her room.

Now, I don't really feel anything about this, because, you know, stepmom. And Snow White at this point is already 20, so all fine by me.
I don't know about real incest and underage kids though.
I remember now, this one Kidnapped Dragons

I never actually reached the part where the MC supposedly gets with the dragons, but I think the development was fine. :blobreading:
Oh wow:blob_melt:
never knew this series mentioned o_ob

Didnt know mostly because i dropped checking and reading NU, since 2018ish? kinda
Especially as the speed were atrocious slow AND updates being like 7of10 yaoi stuff (once re-glimpsed in 2019ish, it was 9 of 10 LOOOL XD)
despite suffering a lot of headaches, until accustomation later on, but i am a MTL reader, in fact evolutioned into RAW reader
Which isnt hard now, especially as since 2020, china bribed google to upgrade google translate. I WONDER WHY >_o :ROFLMAO:

Ty you 3 for making me remember stuff. ^^b
------------------------------
ps : ty for the spoiler of snow white, never had confirmation it was yuri (thx to mangakakalot trash tagging like most websites) despite 90% doubt it was. Yuri-hurray !!!!
ps ps : Fan of "Usagi drop" kind of romance (oedepus complex). Though Usagi-d quite failed it and why anime axed the later part.
My fav and probably only one is the old LN https://www.novelupdates.com/series/if-its-for-my-daughter-id-even-defeat-a-demon-lord/
similar quality as Slime-tensei at same time. Its nice to know that there are new series also doing this. Been so long since i saw one, that i forgot i even had a reading-fetish for this genre.
-----------------------------
EDIT :

I like a lot the theme/genre
Sadly, i dont know new series to recommend.
=Not checking NU. Not reading raw JP WNs. KR too hard to get raws and CH WNs always got CCP censoring, so wellllllll, kinda a nono topic.

Sorry for not helping give a good recommendation ^^"
--------------------------------------------------------------
Me reading (Kidnapped dragons, NU page) : "Wow, KR quality AND looping time cheat BUT original ANTI ROUTINE, niiiiiice~"

"Huh? what is that? Oh in recommendation the novel of manhwa MY DAD IS TOO STRONG"
*Click*

Facepalm GIFs - Obtenez le meilleur gif sur GIFER

GODAMNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT !

I HATE THE FACT MANHUA/MANHWA TOTALLY BUTCHER THE HIGH QUALITY STYLE OF NOVEL ILLUSTRATIONS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(youjo senki ptsd)

Last edited:

OreoPizza

You know, those (mostly Korean) novels where mc (sometimes a kid) picks up a kid, raises them but they grow up to be yanderes with an oedepus complex? What do you think of them?
Not really into it tbh. I would rather see they have normal parent & child, siblings or mentor & student without any romantic feeling. A story where the kid grow stronger bit by bit and eventually get recognized by mc is nice too.