Writing Prompt Introduce a strange world

write about a strange world or society. introduce it any way you like; through prose (boring) or the eyes of an individual. make it as short or long as you'd like.

i have not written anything in a long time and i want to but i do not have the time for long projects.

I thought i'd post this here for anyone intersted.

CarburetorThompson

Fuel Atomization Enjoyer
This is a world for a story I came up with, but the story was really challenging to write so it didn’t really go anywhere

So there is a character a young adult male and every time he sleeps a version of his conscious from his dream never wakes up, but is instead transported to a different world made from his own memories. The dream clone retains the form and abilities they took in the dream, so if he dreamed he was a butterfly he’d be stuck as a butter fly.

Most of the dream clones are identical looking human males so they get crazy tattoos and body modifications to be unique.

The world is a hellscape created from the character’s own memories, geographically at the center is the strongest memories such as his childhood home, high school, apartment. The edge of the world is made up of places that the character only ever visited once or twice, or saw in a movie or photograph, places with week memories that risk being destroyed and erased from the map.

Every person in the world is a copy of the dreamer’s consciousness before he went to sleep. From that point forward they diverge and no longer share the irl experience of the host. There’s also npcs other characters from previous dreams, but their actions are predetermined based on what they did during the dream.

The antagonist was gonna be the oldest dream clone, who had been living in the world since he was 13. He formed a civilization that was based heavily on Caesar’s legion from new Vegas

TotallyHuman

Honestly, after reading 4.6 billion years of evolution, hell app and others, I do not believe I can casually come up with an actually strange world and not unconsciously plagirise those stories.

Honestly, after reading 4.6 billion years of evolution, hell app and others, I do not believe I can casually come up with an actually strange world and not unconsciously plagirise those stories.
plagiarism is the mother of creativity

TotallyHuman

Planet surface covered in water.
Continents are huge, enormous, gigantic plants with many parasitic and symbiotic plants dotting the surface.
Most animals are large herbivorous insects (like 3 meter long and a meter tall bugs), they are preyed upon by carnivorous plants and other giant insects.
Intelligent life exists, the Ocean is intelligent, it is composed of numerous microorganisms that filter water waste and photosynthesize and they make up a thinking colony with each microorganism acting like a neuron.
Within the Ocean there are also subjugated microorganisms and larger lifeforms that are used to perform various tasks for the Ocean, like digesting specific foods, acting as antibodies, storing fats, transporting nutrients etc etc.
The hands and feet of the Ocean are continents which are really subjugated organisms mutated by the Ocean to more efficiently absorb sunlight and nutrients from seabed as well as to act as a genetic laboratory.
Due to that viruses run rampant and are everchanging on the continents and creatures evolve much faster than on Earth.

ElijahRyne

A Hermit that is NOT that Lazy…
write about a strange world or society. introduce it any way you like; through prose (boring) or the eyes of an individual. make it as short or long as you'd like.

i have not written anything in a long time and i want to but i do not have the time for long projects.

I thought i'd post this here for anyone intersted.
From a draft of a potential series I dropped:
I floated up into the sky to clear my mind. The strong cold wind paired with the slight falling feeling in my ankles has always calmed my mind. It reminds me of the exhilaration I felt jumping off swings at the height of their momentum when I was a kid. Except now I don’t have to touch the ground until I want to.

I always found it strange that the blue sky could obscure the ground above us during the day. There was about two hours before the light fades. I looked up at the sky squinting trying to see the continent above me. I floated as high as I could. It was impossible for me to reach the point where everything flips, but that didn’t stop me from trying. The atmosphere became thicker to the point it felt like I was swimming.

It became difficult for me to breathe so I stopped and looked around. The thick blue atmosphere shimmered and rippled as the daylight danced through it.

NineHeadHeavenDevouringSerpent

Darkness all over, there is no light in this world. No medium to observe, no matter to interact with. There's nothing in particular in this world, other than the boundary between it and nothingness.

Hmm? Aren't they the same you say?

It is understandable to come to such conclusion. No light, no matter, nothing in it and yet it is not nothingness? How does this make sense?

Creatures of our world heavily rely on matter interacting with matter in different ways to ascertain its existence. The lack thereof is assumed to be empty and nothing. Yet here were the fault lies, existence isn't limited to matter and forces. Space can exist without time, gravity and other forces. It might not be the one we are familiar with, but it does exist.

This is one of those places. Many eons ago, eons here stretches back several trillion years into the past. Further than our own universe, further than several hundreds deaths of black holes, and even further back there was an existence suspended in reality.

It had no form, no mass, no thoughts, no space and the very moment it birthed time. Yet the time existed without space, it could only expedite the existence anomalies. An inconsequential amount of time later, infinity was birthed.

A chaos ensued as infinity split into finite and infinite. Untold number of time later, in the soup of this chaos formed the space. It was born of order, forged and tempered by chaos from all sides.

The creation later on is marvelous as before, but to our story of that weird space this much is enough.

You see, this space that was birthed from chaos lacked light and matter. It is this very progenitor of space that is existing to this very day. Though our mortal minds would see it bigger than what our observable universe is, it is very much finite. Its expression extended to infinity, but its core form was devoid of anything other than space. Not even time passed through it, for all intents and purposes it existed at the end of time and the beginning of time in our perspective, even though it was vastly younger than the later.

It was this very space that bordered the now non existent chaos, the chaos had dissipated to nothingness. A realm of paradoxical occurences, where existences such as the one we introduced is birthed beyond the concepts of casualties, logic and observations.