Is Classic Fantasy still relevant?

beast_regards

Why do you feel they struggle as web novels?
Expectations.
Niche communities.
All web novel sites usually host a very specific, niche community within the genre, and even individual sites have a very different site culture attached to said community, so there are very specific expectations that make a good web novel. Many readers on sites like this like fantasy or sci-fi per se, but they have quirks. and they don't go on the Internet to read classical fantasy. They get it from the conventional publishers instead, since they don't do "experimental" - breaching to different markets is difficult. Even publishers have preferred genres. A company that publishes fantasy won't print soap opera sappy romances, and vice versa

RaidenReader

I'm assuming you mean the classic fantasies that don't have the isekai thingimabob?

If so, then to me, it'll have to depend on the opinion of a whole lot of others before I even try it. Time is limited, and if I'm going to try a genre that I'm not particularly into, then I'll need a certain level of guarantee first.

But overall, I am kinda interested in it. So I guess it's still relevant to me...?