Is there a way to add a HTML source code directly?

MarekSusicky

Is there a way to add/edit a HTML source code of the chapter directly from the editor? I couldn't find it, maybe I am only blind, lol.

The thing is I have a flow of my chapters ... well, a bit complicated.

Firstly I am writing in a editor and there I do most of the edits. Then I copy&paste it to my website, where a few filters add pretty html like paragraphs, blue tables, color according to common/rare item... But then I export it and I need to copy it here and I couldn't find a way insert HTML code directly. On rr they have a button and you can insert your code directly.

Well, there is a workaround I am using right now >_< by editing the editor elements directly, but that's clumsy and editing all 25 chapters in one go when I changed a color was a pain.

AdLeto

I think its because the types of codes the site uses are different (i don't understand shit about this, so i am probably incorrect)

MarekSusicky

Well, I would change a bit the export for scribblehub, no problem. But the thing is tinymce (editor this site is using for chapters) has it, but maybe they disabled/didn't enable it for some reason.

MoodyFoxCat

Well, I would change a bit the export for scribblehub, no problem. But the thing is tinymce (editor this site is using for chapters) has it, but maybe they disabled/didn't enable it for some reason.
You could try asking Tony himself, worth a shot at least.

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps
Is there a way to add/edit a HTML source code of the chapter directly from the editor? I couldn't find it, maybe I am only blind, lol.

The thing is I have a flow of my chapters ... well, a bit complicated.

Firstly I am writing in a editor and there I do most of the edits. Then I copy&paste it to my website, where a few filters add pretty html like paragraphs, blue tables, color according to common/rare item... But then I export it and I need to copy it here and I couldn't find a way insert HTML code directly. On rr they have a button and you can insert your code directly.

Well, there is a workaround I am using right now >_< by editing the editor elements directly, but that's clumsy and editing all 25 chapters in one go when I changed a color was a pain.
No. Ai-chan tried it. The editor does not accept HTML5 codes or Jscript codes. It's just plain text with bbcode support.

Mihou

Firefly—
No. Ai-chan tried it. The editor does not accept HTML5 codes or Jscript codes. It's just plain text with bbcode support.
If it did support Javascript code then that would be a bad site since that script code would be executed to perform XSS even HTML code itself can be used to perform XSS attacks or malicious code. :blob_cookie:

Last edited:

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
It most likely won't ever become a thing. Giving HTML permissions to users is dangerous.

MarekSusicky

It most likely won't ever become a thing. Giving HTML permissions to users is dangerous.
Why would it? RR has it and how it is different from sending
SQL:
' UNION SELECT username, password FROM users--

Moreover, now you can edit&send html in editor, so it would be only QoL change ^^

Lena

Yeah, but the current editor already sends it as html in the actual HTTP POST thingy. It wouldn't make it more dangerous to make it possible for the writers to do it.

I mean Marek is doing it already.