Is this a crossover fanfic?

OP1000

Hello!!!!
I was recently rereading a fanfic known as One Piece: Monster of the Straw Hat Pirates, when I began to think to myself 'Why is this fanfic not considered a crossover fanfic?'. Could anyone tell me why such a story is not considered as a crossover fanfic?

D

Deleted member 54065

Because all the characters are still living and have not crossed over to the other side.
How sure are you that the characters of One Piece isn't just a fragment of your imagination? A glitch in the Matrix?

DemonOppai

Yandere’s Lover Corpse Collector
How sure are you that the characters of One Piece isn't just a fragment of your imagination? A glitch in the Matrix?
Because my yandere goddess owns every single piece of me.. including fragments of my imagination. There’s no way she would allow anything or anyone to mess with her things.

D

Deleted member 54065

Because my yandere goddess owns every single piece of me.. including fragments of my imagination. There’s no way she would allow anything or anyone to mess with her things.
There's nothing else I would say other than...

"Good luck with your yandie goddess."

Jemini

Ok, I have only skimmed the synopsis, I have zero intention to actually read this because it doesn't really interest me. However, I have seen enough of it that I can at least ask a question, and you answering my question will probably be enough to answer your own question as to why either it isn't a cross-over, or it should be a cross-over but is not properly labeled.

So, from what little I saw, it looks like the non-One Piece element here is Godzilla, correct? Well, here's my question. Does it pull Godzilla from another world, or does it use an in-world justification involving the devil fruits to create a creature that just looks like Godzilla with all his powers?

beast_regards

It's debatable.
Importing one character from one IP to another is a crossover.
The author apparently thinks that crossover doesn't apply if the character seems to have in-universe explanation, but I disagree.
It's a manner of opinion.

OP1000

Ok, I have only skimmed the synopsis, I have zero intention to actually read this because it doesn't really interest me. However, I have seen enough of it that I can at least ask a question, and you answering my question will probably be enough to answer your own question as to why either it isn't a cross-over, or it should be a cross-over but is not properly labeled.

So, from what little I saw, it looks like the non-One Piece element here is Godzilla, correct? Well, here's my question. Does it pull Godzilla from another world, or does it use an in-world justification involving the devil fruits to create a creature that just looks like Godzilla with all his powers?
The author has given an in-world explanation for the presence of Godzilla and the other Kaiju in the fanfiction.

BearlyAlive

Certfied Super Secret Final Secret Final Boss
Doesn't wan pisu have like canonically actual kaijus? I remember them having giant animals and even sea dragons. So unless they outright call it Godzilla, they're just normal kaijus.

Jemini

The author has given an in-world explanation for the presence of Godzilla and the other Kaiju in the fanfiction.

Well then, this means they are not the Kaiju from the Godzilla franchise, they are look-alikes from the One-piece universe. This means that it is, indeed, not a cross-over.