Isekai world fight novels Idea for multidimensional fanfics

Le_ther

Currently, i have read a Manga titled called "Versus". The premise is basically world's villains entitled to fight against another world's villain because of the humanity who summoned them

Link

The reason I have made this post is because some multidimensional fanfictions(I have read) have tons of potential in this aspect but the main problem would be the bias view of each reader. So it may be a story where you will mostly likely not satisfy most readers but may work well if done correctly.

Lastly, this idea might be hard to implement but this really will open up more opportunities to the isekai genre

LunaSoltaer

Spicy Transbian
So, are you asking a writer to take up this banner? Are you saying you're going to create this yourself? I guess, what are you asking for?

Like, ideas of matchups? Ideas on how to handle the crossover elements? Reviews of something you're going to write?

This intrigues me and I want to throw in my two cents, but I want to know which two cents I'm being asked to throw.

TotallyHuman

So, are you asking a writer to take up this banner? Are you saying you're going to create this yourself? I guess, what are you asking for?

Like, ideas of matchups? Ideas on how to handle the crossover elements? Reviews of something you're going to write?

This intrigues me and I want to throw in my two cents, but I want to know which two cents I'm being asked to throw.
throw your whole pension fund

Syringe

Bluetooth 7 Enabled Holy Blade w/ Red Dot Sight
throw your whole pension fund
I too want to throw my money around for ideas here like they're stocks. Maybe a shark tank for story ideas might be a good idea.

IdleYoungMaster

For me, an interdimensional fanfics sets up a premise in a way that two similar yet different worldviews clash with each other.

What if Jujutsu Kaisen meets Danmachi? What if Highschool DxD meets Lord of the Mysteries? What if a Xianxia villain meets a Shounen Villain?

This is what makes this type of fanfic fun. By setting up the individual world views first, you get to glimpse them and separate the said works into two. When they clash, that's going to be the peak of this genre.
About your plan. It's entirely up to you to create a story that may not be well-liked by everyone but is good enough to work out in the end. You might see comments discouraging you, but try your best not to let them affect your pre-planned storyboard.
Best of luck~!

Le_ther

I can't write myself due to how busy I am and how shit my grammar is but I sure do wanna see someone tries this Idea. It may be hard to do but good luck to anyone trying it.

"Ideas on how to handle the crossover elements? "

This will be probably the most common problem though.

LunaSoltaer

Spicy Transbian
Ah I see! One moment...

So I swiped some notes from my host, because I remember him talking about this exact topic sometime last year, and honestly they apply to this situation pretty fucking well.

To start things off, implementing a crossover, no matter how you do it, is gonna involve work. Unfortunately, I'm knee-deep in my own shit so I'm going to pilfer this off on someone else, but in short, there are a few possible ways you can go about it:

1) Take a setting, and make it the Primary Verse. The idea here is you use someone else's world-hopping work and, well, hop off it. You'd want to use a setting that already handles world-hopping, such as Kingdom Hearts (shut.), Disney Mirrorverse (bleh), Magic: The Gathering, heck even Dresden Files if you're brave enough. Then the idea goes to adapt and essentially convert everyone's abilities to work within your source material. This has the advantage of having known and familiar mechanics, but it may not be what you're looking for.

2) as above but with your own setting. This lets you fine-tune everything to your specific calibre, but it's a LOT of work. At the end of it, you have enough of an idea how to deal with edge cases that you can start thinking of powers in terms of other powers. I imagine most LitRPG writers do this already with their Isekais as part of their Game Mechanics, but then don't bother crossing anything over cause they're not doing a crossover.

3) Don't have a "main world" at all, just evaluate each world's constituents with respect to each other. This is... probably where the most subjective bias comes in without MASSIVE rigor (the scientific kind, please). So you know all those nerds who argue on the internet on forums such as NarutoForums (if OBD still exists there), SpaceBattles, Sufficient Velocity, VSBattles, so on and so forth? Yeah they literally do this for you as part of trying to argue with each other. Main problem is either trusting forum warriors, or running lots of calculations yourself, oh and esoteric power systems are still bonk, like how would Chakra interact with Haki? (Most VS Forums uses https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MagicAIsMagicA across every fiction for this exact reason, and you probably should use it yourself... or not)

And then I think my host cheated here, but basically, it's the cop-out of "I'm not crossing over the different universes, I'm crossing over different AUs of the different universes, and that means I can change whatever, whereever, because AU!" Which is.... honestly I think this is just the second option with extra steps.

If I had to do this for NaNoWriMo? Yeah I'd probably model everything using something like GURPS or BESM (which is anime flavored GURPS basically, or... wait... FATE Core. That'll do it), and then boom now it's a LitRPG massive crossover esp with a narratively-focused system and..... hm... I don't need more ideas I have too little time as it is)

PS: 5) some other fancy way I didn't think of or read about, which would be super cool