I've made a trailer for my novel

• Thread starter Deleted member 156229
  • Start date

ACertainPassingUser

Even if the visuals are "goodlooking" , they're not exactly "easy to understand" for someone who has nothing to do with your type of novel.

All i can see is a spachip in the space, with sun, and planet. Then a ship showcase, and some vague "trappist house blabla" whatever it means.

Then some other red moon and another planet showcase, are you bragging your planets or something ?

"The era of peace is over", then wheres the weapons and the army of spaceship platoon or something like that ?

We barely got a single ship defendig against some small attack.

images (5).jpeg

images (6).jpeg

It would be more accurate to show that the whole stpry is about the survival of a single ship in the mids of spaceship war or something.

And please improve your "main character" ship model.

Well, that's all of my critique

Hopefully you render it on some kind of Real-time render engine like EEVEE or Lumion or UE5 or something like that.

Would be sad to waste a day or two rendering those in cycles/vray or something.

D

Deleted member 156229

Even if the visuals are "goodlooking" , they're not exactly "easy to understand" for someone who has nothing to do with your type of novel.

All i can see is a spachip in the space, with sun, and planet. Then a ship showcase, and some vague "trappist house blabla" whatever it means.

Then some other red moon and another planet showcase, are you bragging your planets or something ?

"The era of peace is over", then wheres the weapons and the army of spaceship platoon or something like that ?

We barely got a single ship defendig against some small attack.

It would be more accurate to show that the whole stpry is about the survival of a single ship in the mids of spaceship war or something.

And please improve your "main character" ship model.

Well, that's all of my critique

Hopefully you render it on some kind of Real-time render engine like EEVEE or Lumion or UE5 or something like that.

Would be sad to waste a day or two rendering those in cycles/vray or something.

Thanks for your words!
My novel is very niche; it is hard sci-fi. In this genre, I'm prioritizing realism and usefulness rather than looking cool. Things like the radiators look weird and unstilistic, but that is the correct size and shape of radiator that a fusion torch ship would require.

I didn't show more ships for four reasons:
  1. In a realistic space encounter, enemy ships will never be visible to the naked eye; the ships would be over dozens of kilometers apart.
  2. One of the main themes of the fiction is the logistics of fighting a war 40 light-years apart (the real distance between the sun and TRAPPIST-1). As it is hard sci-fi, there is no FTL, wormwholes, or any other thing to shorten the distance. The fastest possible ship will take a little bit more than 44 years to get to TRAPPIST-1, which means that there are no super-large armadas as in the images you provided.
  3. I wasted way too much time already calculating and designing all the details about the Pirk. I'll probably have to do it again for the other ships, but in the meantime, I better get back to writing.
  4. I'm not a very good 3D artist, lol :poop:
I get that most of the things I've said will just sound like boring stuff, but it was because of this kind of thing that I fell in love with this genre, which consequently made me want to write my first novel.

PS.: I used EEVEE; it took about 3 hours to render everything.