Writing Prompt Just a jolly ol time

TotallyHuman

I feel I am being a bit too negative lately, partially because of sudden spike of workload and partially because of the novel I am writing that promises to be blacker than black.

So, lift my mood. Write a short idylic scene, maybe a walk in the woods, a celebration of a birthday, something cute, light and very jolly.

In other words,

Premise: your protagonist is having a fun time

Task: describe in a short paragraph or two the protagonist having a fulfilling and fun experience.
EDIT: exclude romance

Last edited:

Kamelingil

Head of Thicc Thighs Supremacy
"I love you."
"I love you too."
And then they fucked.
Lmao
FB_IMG_1693666178953.jpg

UYScuti

Helium Fuser
Prompt: Write a 500 word story based on Liam and Sophi. Liam has a crush on Sophi, and he is going to confess his love to her on her birthday.

Liam paced back and forth in his room, trying to work up the nerve. Today was Sophi's birthday and he had decided that he was finally going to tell her how he felt.

They had been friends for years, ever since elementary school. But over time, his feelings for her had grown into something more. Something he could no longer keep to himself.

He took a deep breath. "You can do this," he told himself. He had practiced what he wanted to say a thousand times. He would tell her she meant everything to him, that he treasured their friendship but wanted so much more. That he was in love with her.

Liam grabbed the small wrapped gift he had picked out for her birthday, a silver bracelet with a heart-shaped charm, and headed out the door before he lost confidence.

When he arrived at Sophi's house, there were already a bunch of kids from their class there. Balloons and streamers decorated the living room. Upbeat pop music was playing.

Liam's heart sank. He had hoped to get Sophi alone to confess his feelings. That was going to be a lot harder now, with all these people around.

He found Sophi in the kitchen, laughing with a group of her friends. She looked so happy and carefree. The sight of her smiling face, her wavy blond hair shining under the lights, made Liam catch his breath.

"Liam, you made it!" Sophi said, coming over to give him a hug. She was wearing a red sweater he had always loved on her.

"Happy birthday," Liam said, holding out the small gift box, trying not to reveal how nervous he felt. "This is for you."

"You're so sweet to bring me a present," Sophi said. She led him over to the table where she was piling up her other gifts and added his to the stack.

Liam's heart hammered in his chest. "Listen, Sophi, could we go somewhere quiet for a minute? I wanted to talk to you about something."

Sophi glanced around the crowded, noisy kitchen. "Maybe later? I have to finish getting the cake ready. But don't disappear, okay? There's something I want to ask you too."

She gave him a smile that made his knees weak, then turned back to her friends.

Liam's mouth went dry. There was no way he could confess his love here, with all these people. It would have to wait until he could get Sophi alone.

The party dragged on. Liam kept trying to get Sophi by herself, but the moment never came. She was busy laughing, talking, opening presents. The bracelet he gave her lay unopened in the stack.

Finally, he couldn't stand it any longer. As the party was winding down, he took Sophi's hand. "Please, can we go talk now? It's really important."

Sophi's smile faded. She glanced around, then nodded. "Okay, let's step outside for a minute."

They slipped out the back door into the cool night air. The moon was rising, casting a silver glow across the yard. Liam tried to still his racing pulse.

"So what did you want to talk about?" Sophi asked. She sounded almost...nervous.

Liam swallowed hard. "Sophi, we've been friends for so long, but over the last year my feelings for you have changed. I've fallen in love with you."

He held his breath, waiting for her response. Her eyes went wide.

"Oh Liam," Sophi said softly. "I had no idea you felt this way." She took his hand, her expression serious now. "You're my dearest friend. But there's something I have to tell you..."

As she continued speaking, Liam felt his heart breaking into pieces.

Sorry Friend. It looks like even AI doesn’t want you to be happy

HelloHound

Hound of hell, lover of girls
I popped into a sheer white room and looked around, confused- I was in the desert until now so where is here?
"Sybil, here you are! I've been looking everywhere for you" A hand descends from behind me and caresses my head. This feels familiar. I look up and see dark hair and a smile, beyond that smile the face goes fuzzy but I still recognize who this is.
Who she is.
"...Mom?" I croak, gripping my shirt hem to keep myself from pouncing at her- I don't need to.
She hugs me, and I am hugged.
I wake up later to my tears being wiped with a soft rag,
"Must've been a tough dream huh kid?" the gravelly voice murmurs beside me. I sigh and nod.

Corty

Sneaking in, stealing your socks.
Hogwarts Era of Darkness Chapter 69 said:
"I wouldn't be angry about it!" I retorted, grabbing a chocolate frog from her side and popping it into my mouth, "I would be much, much, muuuuuch happier to just sit back and enjoy the show!"

"Lazy."

"Yep!"

"Why not show off some strength? You already did; you could show them how awesome you are!"

"Quincy…" I leaned forward, turning deadly serious, "Your infatuation with my perfect self is showing! Be careful!"

"Eh?!" She yelped, turning bright red; then she realized I was teasing her and started pouting, "Who is infatuated with you?! Besides you?! Hmph!"

"You, of course!" I grinned, sweeping away the snacks and sitting beside her, leaning closer, "You are basically worshiping me!"

"I am not!"

"I do worship you…" I whispered, leaning closer and closer until our noses gradually touched.

"You… do?" She asked back timidly. I could feel her breath on my face; it was still sweet from the candies she had eaten.

"From the bottom of my heart…"

I wasn't lying, and to show it, I finally kissed her, pressing her against the wall of the cabin. It was a much more intimate… more passionate kiss than ever before. I slowly hugged her, and she wrapped her hands around my neck, returning the kiss with the same intensity. What did break us apart was the train's whistle, signaling that we were nearing Hogsmeade Station. Fixing our robes and saying nothing, just feeling how both of our faces turned red, we got ready to leave.

Dia779

I feel I am being a bit too negative lately, partially because of sudden spike of workload and partially because of the novel I am writing that promises to be blacker than black.

So, lift my mood. Write a short idylic scene, maybe a walk in the woods, a celebration of a birthday, something cute, light and very jolly.

In other words,

Premise: your protagonist is having a fun time

Task: describe in a short paragraph or two the protagonist having a fulfilling and fun experience.
EDIT: exclude romance
Shiro was in the zone, every careful movement with small pieces is precise, drops of super glue just at the right amount, alignment was perfect. Now for the most delicate piece of all, the ahoge for his scratch build 1/100 Arisu from Blue Archive doing the meme dance.

Absolute focus.

"......He's really tuning off the world around him huh.....?" Shorty commented while looking just behind Shiro, there was Kinji psyching himself up to fix his dislocated finger. Creeper looking at his constantly ringing phone with a tired face, most likely from that scary woman.

He looked behind himself next.

"Hey Kamui, can you pull the zipper from behind my dress? I need to take it off and return it to Shay" Greg asking the modern Shinobi of the group casually, said ninja was shocked at the sight of the big male wearing a gala dress.

"Maybe i should find a hobby myself too....." Shorty sighed while leaning back on the couch.

While also holding off Crazy Nina trying to hug him despite her straightjacket constricting her arms.

".....Yeah, i definitely need a hobby...." a tick mark appeared on his forehead.

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
Jack rubbed his temple for a second then cleared his throat, "By the way, thanks for standing up for me." He gestured to the space next to the table from floor to ceiling, "That was impressive as hell. I can't believe that you could get so big. I mean, seriously. That was just incredible."

Ivy looked embarrassed, "Heh. Well, I can only do that in direct sunlight, but yeah, I got a few tricks up my sleeve."

"I don't care if you could only do that on alternate Sundays. I've never seen anything like it." Jack leaned in a little closer and gave her his best 'I Want To Fuck' stare as he looked her right in the eye, "I do not understand how you are single."

All of Ivy's confidence and swagger that she had been showing off for the whole date crumbled away under Jack's gaze.

"Oh?" She squeaked and looked not unlike a deer caught in an oncoming car's headlights.

Jack dug his hand into his pocket to pull out a red aura-imbued quarter. He rolled it along the back of his knuckles before balancing it on the back of his thumbnail. With a single flick, he sent it flying through the air, sailing across the room to land in the slot of the jukebox. The device became covered with the same aura as Jack slid out of his seat to stand next to Ivy. From the speakers issued a song that was completely new to this world. It was a deep, sensual, old-time swing song.

As the music began, Jack offered his hand to Ivy, "May I have this dance?"

Ivy, as well as most of the room, looked rather surprised. Ivy mustered a rather cocky smirk as she took his hand, "How did you know I dance?"

Jack abruptly pulled her close and took the lead, "I didn't." With that, he started to spin with her through the rows between tables. Both their footwear took on a reddish tint as they started to move along an inch off the floor, literally floating as they waltzed through the dining area. Ivy looked surprised at Jack's boldness as they wove in and out through the room to the open area between the restaurant and bar. As the music came to a pause, he pulled her in to whisper into her ear, "Shall we make everyone jealous?"

Ivy didn't respond, but instead abruptly spun around with him faster than he was expecting and swept him off his feet, resulting in her holding him in her arms as she leaned over him. She gave him a little head nod before she pulled him back upright and took the lead. At this point, they were the center of attention. Not just because dancing was so unusual at Kirby's, nor because no one had ever heard this song before.

But because everyone was curious as to who would win.

It was clear that both Ivy and Jack had some skill at dancing, but more importantly, this was a contest of wills. As they spun and twirled through the room, literally flying about, they would periodically switch up who was taking the lead. Jack would twirl Ivy around for a few bars, then she would slide up behind him and drag her hands up the sides of his body making him shudder, and thus resume the lead. It was utterly fascinating.

As the song started to reach it crescendo, who was taking the lead constantly exchanged from one to the other as they twirled faster and faster. You could see some of the crowd really getting into it. Some going so far as to mutter, "C'mon... you got him!" Griffin, from the men's room, had a shit-eating grin as he called out, "Reel her in!" As the song reached its height, Jack had the advantage, right up until Ivy went in for a kiss. This derailed Jack and he froze. She swept him back and leaned over him, her lips almost touching his. And as the song came to its conclusion...

Ivy just smiled and slowly pulled away.

The two settled to the floor as Ivy gave him a half-smirk, "I think our food is ready." Then turned her back to him as she returned to their table, "We should eat it while it's hot." The room in general came to the agreement that she had, indeed, won.

Jack stood there for a few moments, just flexing his jaw as he tried to re-center himself. He muttered under his breath, "Let's hope I don't get burned." He reached up to unbutton his collar and loosen his tie.

Jack followed her and stared at her behind as she confidently walked back to their table. "But..." He paused to clear his throat.

"It'd certainly be worth it."