Ko-fi advice needed.

doravg

134/4001 (finally counted the stories)
So, the thing is my readers want just weekly updates, and not daily updates, or so the views tell me.

(I know what you are going to say: Duh! We told you that as well!)

So, is there a way to have the advance chapters of a book in its own category on ko-fi? Like a gallery, but for chapters. Can you please give me some tricks when it comes to ko-fi? Some videos I can watch, maybe?

My intention is to put my German Stories on Ko-fi. The ones which are not already completely uploaded, thanks to daily updates. I am juggling three projects right now. A Vampire novel from the POV of the blood donor, a vampire journal from the POV of the vampire, and an anthology made up from writing prompts, which are only churned out because I felt like it. Sort of like writing junk food. They are mostly crack to lift the morbid feeling from my two vampire projects.

My plan is to post the advanced chapters, which I churn out every day anyway, on ko-fi and give my readers the option to read ahead if they'd like. Because I have entered a new age in my writing journey. The age of... stockpiling books.

Thank you in advance!

Tyranomaster

Guy who writes stuff
So, first I'd advise patreon over ko-fi. I hate patreon and I'm saying this. If you don't care about making money use ko-fi, ko-fi has a better model and is less corrupt, but no one uses it (sadly). I run both, and my ko-fi has had 0 people give me money and my patreon makes ~70 dollars a month. Which means I update my ko-fi and waste my time for nothing. That said, I'd prefer if everyone used ko-fi so I continue updating it, waiting for the day patreon does something so aggregious that I can get my patrons to switch.

Patreon rolled out collections recently which is also a big help for organizing chapters for different tiers. If you want to use ko-fi for it, I'd advise only 1 tier. Since there is no organization system. That way all the chapters are in order.

Just make "blog posts" for your chapters. Both patreon and ko-fi aren't actually very good for authors system wise, but collections on patreon have made it a little better.

doravg

134/4001 (finally counted the stories)
So, first I'd advise patreon over ko-fi. I hate patreon and I'm saying this. If you don't care about making money use ko-fi, ko-fi has a better model and is less corrupt, but no one uses it (sadly). I run both, and my ko-fi has had 0 people give me money and my patreon makes ~70 dollars a month. Which means I update my ko-fi and waste my time for nothing. That said, I'd prefer if everyone used ko-fi so I continue updating it, waiting for the day patreon does something so aggregious that I can get my patrons to switch.

Patreon rolled out collections recently which is also a big help for organizing chapters for different tiers. If you want to use ko-fi for it, I'd advise only 1 tier. Since there is no organization system. That way all the chapters are in order.

Just make "blog posts" for your chapters. Both patreon and ko-fi aren't actually very good for authors system wise, but collections on patreon have made it a little better.
Ok, thank you. I need a lot more work until the books are complete, but it is good to know that Patreon has improved. It used to be just a heap of posts when I was using it. Can you please give me a couple of Patreon advice? How do you suggest I make my page?

Tyranomaster

Guy who writes stuff
It's pretty straight forward to setup. Just fill out stuff as they ask for it. Once you have your blank page, get your tiers set up. Then go to collections, and make a collection for each tier (I just named them the same as the tier).

Then when you go to make or schedule a post, be sure to set access to the correct tier (and all tiers below it), and add it to the collection. The collection is chronological just like the feed, so it'll have everything you want in it. If you have two stories, make a different collection for each so your patrons can easily find what they're looking for.

beast_regards

The Ko-fi is the site more suitable for showcasing the work of the artist (I.e. one that makes visual art, pictures) and one-time donations. Paypal is more suited for selling advanced chapters and hiding content behind paywalls.