Resolved Latest Series Not Being Posted As "LATEST"

Phantomheart

Cliff Hanger Player
Hello there! This issue has happened again, and I've finally found out why this bug has been occurring: any story that has been drafted, but has no published chapters will appear on the latest series tab at the time that the draft was made, which is really irritating, when an author doesn't have any chapters updated but the story can still be viewed as such in this bug report. This bug was fixed, but the bug I am reporting, is similar in that nature to where if you have a previously drafted story posted on a future date, the story will not show up as latest, even though the story was not visible to the public eyes until then.

Series being a part of latest updates (chapter wise)

1.PNG

Series not showing up on the front page of latest series tab
2.PNG

Note: The chapter was uploaded not too long ago.
3.PNG

The Series does show up however on page 4 of latest series, around the date when the DRAFT of the story was created (no chapters published).
4.PNG

EDIT: I just noticed a similar post to mine, that I didn't before hand, my apologies -- this.
I also remembered a post I made a long time ago that got resolved in a similar manner: this
This bug has reoccurred for multiple people now, as well as multiple times.

Tony

Staff member
This bug was fixed, but the bug I am reporting, is similar in that nature to where if you have a previously drafted story posted on a future date, the story will not show up as latest, even though the story was not visible to the public eyes until then.

The story will not show up in the latest updates until it gets approved by one of the mods. Once approved, it'll get bumped to the top of the 'Latest Updates' section. Is this what you're referring to?

The 'Latest Series' is still bugged though.

Phantomheart

Cliff Hanger Player
The story will not show up in the latest updates until it gets approved by one of the mods. Once approved, it'll get bumped to the top of the 'Latest Updates' section. Is this what you're referring to?

The 'Latest Series' is still bugged though.
No, I am referring to the latter. The series shows up in the latest series tab, but on the 4th page (no where near when the actual first chapter was posted). This also happened on my other novel and with another person's novel as well. Instead of following the update time of the very first chapter, it seems that the novels in the latest series tab follow the order in which the draft of the story was published (which people should not be able to view in the first place) as seen in this bug.

The series shows up at the top of latest updates, but not at the top of latest series. :sweating_profusely: :blob_blank:

Tony

Staff member
No, I am referring to the latter. The series shows up in the latest series tab, but on the 4th page (no where near when the actual first chapter was posted). This also happened on my other novel and with another person's novel as well. Instead of following the update time of the very first chapter, it seems that the novels in the latest series tab follow the order in which the draft of the story was published (which people should not be able to view in the first place) as seen in this bug.

The series shows up at the top of latest updates, but not at the top of latest series. :sweating_profusely::blob_blank:

Yup, that's what I meant when I said the "Latest Series" is still bugged... or was. I just fixed it right now. I also bumped your novel in the "Latest Series" section.

EDIT: I just noticed a similar post to mine, that I didn't before hand, my apologies -- this.
I also remembered a post I made a long time ago that got resolved in a similar manner: this
This bug has reoccurred for multiple people now, as well as multiple times.

Also, there's no need to apologize. It's better that you keep reporting it so I can fix it ASAP. I wasn't going to fix this bug yet because I'm in the middle of some things but seeing this thread forced me to fix it :blobthumbsup:

Anyways, if you have any other problems or find any other bugs, please let me know.

Phantomheart

Cliff Hanger Player
Yup, that's what I meant when I said the "Latest Series" is still bugged... or was. I just fixed it right now. I also bumped your novel in the "Latest Series" section.

Also, there's no need to apologize. It's better that you keep reporting it so I can fix it ASAP. I wasn't going to fix this bug yet because I'm in the middle of some things but seeing this thread forced me to fix it :blobthumbsup:

Anyways, if you have any other problems or find any other bugs, please let me know.
Thank you very much!

Kotohood

Noob Author

What about mine? I posted about the bug first :blob_teary:

On a more serious note, glad this was fixed. New authors need all the exposure they can get after all.:blobthumbsup:

Phantomheart

Cliff Hanger Player
I just published a story, but my profile page still says I haven't written anything, and it doesn't show up on the latest series page. However, when I click the "Create" button at the top left, the series still shows up, and the chapter says it was published. Is there a reason for this that I am missing, or is this a bug? If a link to the story will help at all, it's https://www.scribblehub.com/series/43199/quake/.
Your series showed up, it just takes a while for the site to update and show it on your profile. A story had to be approved first before it is shown to the public. Next time, put this as it's own thread as though it is a similar issue, it is a completely different bug.

FireflyFanatic

Rawr. Trans rights.
Your series showed up, it just takes a while for the site to update and show it on your profile. A story had to be approved first before it is shown to the public. Next time, put this as it's own thread as though it is a similar issue, it is a completely different bug.
Thank you. I'll take it down so as not to clutter up the thread.

Kotohood

Noob Author
@Tony

I thought this was fixed Tony, so why is this still happening?

Page 14 of the latest series despite being posted an hour ago. That's twice this has happened to me. I know it's a Oneshot. But at least give me the satisfaction of the exposure. :blob_teary:

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
@Tony

I thought this was fixed Tony, so why is this still happening?
View attachment 1118
View attachment 1119
View attachment 1120

Page 14 of the latest series despite being posted an hour ago. That's twice this has happened to me. I know it's a Oneshot. But at least give me the satisfaction of the exposure. :blob_teary:

It is fixed but only for novels added AFTER the fix :sweating_profusely:

It seems like you actually added that novel two months ago. I bumped that novel for you though. Sorry about that!

Kotohood

Noob Author
It is fixed but only for novels added AFTER the fix :sweating_profusely:

It seems like you actually added that novel two months ago. I bumped that novel for you though. Sorry about that!
Thanks!