League of Legends!

Ekfreet

Prologue + Chapter 1:

Enzo woke up feeling sluggish and could only vaguely perceive his surroundings. He felt like he was lying on a soft cloud, which confused him.

He turned his head and did not see any of the things he had in his room- the screen was gone, the desk was gone, and so too, was the wall which he had plastered with posters, pictures, and drawings. They were replaced by a strange scene- an ostentatiously decorated room that was illuminated by a pale moonlight that came through arched windows.

However, odd fatigue assaulted him before he could form any form of complex thoughts. Not longer than a few moments later, he was asleep again.

It was then when a mysterious mechanical voice appeared out of nowhere.

“A Summoner has been found. Game system installation initiated... 25%...50%...75%...100%.”

[Welcome to Summoner’s Rift]

Enzo stood like a statue in front of what he could swear was the in-game shop of League of Legends.

He had been standing there for the last 3 minutes.

3 minutes ago, he once again woke up to a sense of weightlessness and from one second to another he landed there.

This was a real Summoner’s Rift.

The sky was blue and the air felt very pure. Moss grew all over the stone elevation he was standing at. The base was completely empty except for a tiny yordle, a humanoid covered in fur, and his mount which acted as his merchandise carrier.

The vivid sensation from every nerve in his body reminded him that this was real, this was a real world, not a stiff 2D computerized screen.

“Why am I here? What happened?”

The recent events left Enzo very disoriented. The only thing he knew for sure was that he had been magically teleported to somewhere before appearing in this League of Legends-esque world.

Looking around, Enzo saw that he was wearing blue clothes that covered his waist, legs, and part of his upper body and feet. He had a bulky armor covering his left shoulder and lighter protections on his forearms and legs. A rather long sword was also attached to his left hip.

He was apparently cosplaying as Yasuo, the last champion with which he played the night before.

The next second, a game-like interface popped up in front of him.

Summoner: EnzoChampion: Yasuo
Level: 1Experience 0/280

Health: 490/490Attack Damage: 60Armor: 30
Health Regen: 6.5Movement Speed: 345Magic Resist: 30

Way of the Wanderer (Passive)Steel Tempest (Locked) 0/5Wind Wall (Locked) 0/5Sweeping Blade (Locked) 0/5Last Breath (Locked) 0/3

“Yeah, these are definitely Yasuo’s stats and skills.”

An icon in the far lower right side indicated that he had 500G. Then, not knowing anything better to do, he went to the shop and bought a Doran’s Blade and a health potion. He didn't know if he was compelled to do so or just his muscle memory taking over him.

He had tried to communicate with the shop owner but it didn’t answer. The yordle’s actions were robotic and semblant to the set patrons it had from his gaming memory.

But just as he was going to try to touch the yordle’s fur, a mechanical voice spoke inside his mind.

“Warning! You have reached the maximum time of 8 minutes allocated to your first visit. Exiting countdown: 3…2...1...Exiting…”

Enzo was startled.

He didn’t expect something like this to happen just as he was getting ready to explore the entire rift in order to find someone else.

His vision blurred the next second. The whole world started to twist and fade in front of his eyes. Then complete darkness hit him.

He reopened his eyes, he found himself in the strange room once more.

“What the actual fuck?” Confused didn’t even begin to describe how lost Enzo felt.

He was still lying on the soft bed. The only difference was that this time he felt much better as if power filled his entire body.

He pushed himself up the bed and surprisingly found out that he still had the game interface on the edge of his vision. He had an unallocated skill point and 3 of his inventory slots occupied by the Doran’s Blade, a health potion, and Yasuo’s armor and katana.

“This can’t possibly be a dream.”

Enzo knew that he was summoned here by someone. But the only clue he had was that he currently had the blessing of Yasuo’s skills and the shop objects. Nothing made sense.

As he pondered, memories suddenly came flooding back to him, and the questions he had were instantly answered.

The body he was occupying was the Fifth Prince of the Kingdom of Barov, named also as Enzo, and he was in charge of a small city called Lumidia. This world, as his memories indicated, seemed to be stagnated in the medieval ages. Feudalism was still going strong and technological advances were scant as about 90% of the population were peasants without any meaningful education dedicated to self-sufficient activities like farming, hunting, and fishing.

Although his knowledge of history was average at best, the names of the countries and cities here didn’t ring any bells. He had to suppose that the medieval ages this world was going through weren’t related in any way to his world. The existence of magic and fantastical creatures also reinforced his conclusion.

While the rational part of his brain was still terribly confused at everything, he had to leave aside the impossibility that was this “isekai”. Right now, he needed to concentrate on the present.

Putting on some formal clothes, he prepared himself for a very long day.

Ekfreet

Reading this chapter, would you be interested in reading more?

Saileri

Your Friendly Neighborhood IT Guy
Idea is more than decent. Personally, I'm bookmarking instantly when it comes live since I'm a gamer and fantasy freak. From the provided chapter, I can say that I'll enjoy at least the writing style, but the mystery behind the situation definitely would keep me going. This and also knowing more about the world MC has gotten himself into. Did he get sucked into a game? Alternate realm? Being played by gods? Transmigrated? What will be his goal? What will be his struggles? I get the fact that he inherited some memories. NPC? Real people from some realm? How will the system and the summoning affect him?

And no, I don't mean you to answer those questions. I'm just writing the thoughts that appeared after reading this chapter. And those are definitely a good sign.

Enough to catch attention and force the reader to start thinking about what actually happened and will happen. Definitely will keep following.

Epsil

League of Legends has me interested. I want to see where this goes. :blob_hmm_two: @Ekfreet
Better not 0/2/0 in the first 10 mins though