Looking for internal slang suggestions for fictional organization

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
Okay, Assume you are working for a secret organization where you have to deal with Returning Isekai victims. Now, when they return, they are no where nearly as strong as where they went to another universe, because Earth is much weker, magic wise, but they still have SOME level of power. They might come back just very skilled martial artists, or have some minor magic powers. However, some come back SIGNIFICANTLY stronger that your average joe.

You and the organization has been dealing with this for decades now, amd you've collected a fair number of wizards and psychics, so you guys do a fine job keeping the whole children being abducted to other dimensions things under wraps. However, your group has gotten rather jaded. Dealing with these kids who disappear for a few hours only to return after years of fighting demon lords hs gotten to be just another tuesday.

Its so common, you have your own short cut lingo you use.

I need help with that.

Examples so far are:
"We have a Tetsuo situation" - A reference to Tetsuo: Iron Man when someone returns horribly changed.
"We got an Akira" - When some returnee's powers are out of control. A reference to the movie by the same name.
"Send in the sucide prevention team, we got a Death Looper" - When a Isekai victim had time control powers involved resettng time by dying. Such isekai victims are prone to solve problems by blowing their brains out, which might no longer work on earth.

Stuff like that.

So, if you have any movie references or ideas for common internal slang, It could be very helpful.

Looking for in particular:
- What to call an entire class getting abducted all at once.
- Someone who returns with Mind Control Powers and starts trying to molest women.
- What to call someone who is addicted to level grinding (Which is a problem, because nobody has Experience Points you can collect by killing them... unless you count your fellow Isekai Victims.)
- Those who wind up hunting other returnees I'm thinking calling Going Highlander, but that's a bit on the nose.
- What to call Magical Girls who get powers based on 'Love' when they return from Otome games.

Thanks in advance,
- T.E.G.

Don_Quacko

Garlick slayer || Bread lover || Master Roller
Behold my cringe!!!
1. School bus incident or field trip incident
2. (None that I can think of)
3. Xp junkies or level lust-ers?
4. Carnivores or predators
5. Barbies? Or glitter storms

Last edited:

melchi

What is a custom title?
This reminds me of everyone else is a returnee.

A whole class being isekai'd could be an----- "Arifureta"
"someone with mind control powers to molest women" ----- NO.... this is just a bad idea.
"Someone who is addicted to level grinding" ----- Power gamer
"Someone who hunts other returnees"--- You'd call this a PKer... or player killer.
"What do you call magical girl powers based on love" ----- would that be doki-doki power?

LilRora

Mostly formless
1. Dr.Quack's idea is great.

2. I'm thinking Sindri (it's from Bioshifter) but it's not a well-known reference; though I'm sure there was some other story with an antagonist who relied on their mind control power so much they became incapable of trusting anyone not controlled by them. That is different from your example, but I think it could either be used to refer to a whole group of returnee's with mind control or as a whole separate category.

3. Full diver, because sort of do a full dive into a game and can't get out of the mental trap/state. If it doesn't fit what you want, it can very well be another separate category of a person who's convinced the reality they're in isn't entirely real.

4. I think a wolf could be good? As in, wolf in sheep's clothing, which isn't exactly what it's canonically supposed to mean since most returnees aren't exactly innocent, but fits as the odd one that looks the same on the surface, but actually wants to kill.

5. I'm tempted to say bullshit, but I think that's not what you're looking for. I've no good ideas there.

Last edited:

Aez_Nairo

Demi-Human Of The Gray World
:blob_hmm_two: going off tangent, but here:
1) Gripping poof, exceptional goner.
3) Cursed individual, greedy heart.
4) Betrayer, corrupted, what Mr/Ms.Melchi said, bounty hunter.
5) Outworld infatuation.

Last edited:

2wordsperminute

1. bokurano
2. kamoshida/hugo(so I'm a spider so what)/or just a bard
4. claymore?

For some others, maybe MC or protag for someone who lost their sense of danger from having plot armor or gourmet for someone who can't stand earth food after getting used to food from another world.

Echimera

- What to call an entire class getting abducted all at once.
- Someone who returns with Mind Control Powers and starts trying to molest women.
- What to call someone who is addicted to level grinding (Which is a problem, because nobody has Experience Points you can collect by killing them... unless you count your fellow Isekai Victims.)
- Those who wind up hunting other returnees I'm thinking calling Going Highlander, but that's a bit on the nose.
- What to call Magical Girls who get powers based on 'Love' when they return from Otome games.
-I've already seen an Arifureta, which is a good fit. A White Spider-Incident might also work, especially if it's a reincarnation scenario and not just transmigration (So I'm a spider so what).
-Saimin (Hypnosis)? Or risk your sanity by diving through a hentai site for something with that kind of tag that has a catchy name. Or do that on the site with the numbers and just go for a good number code.
-MMO-Player?
-Highlander is good, why not lean into the pop culture references?
-For a moment I wanted to suggest Nanoha, but that's probably in reverse, since the more she beats you up, the more she befriends you (also more friendship than love, apart from her adopted daughter and her girlfriend, and those are two different forms of love). In short, I got nothing

AYM

☯️This junior dares☯️
  • What to call an entire class getting abducted all at once.
    • Class Transfer
  • Someone who returns with Mind Control Powers and starts trying to molest women.
    • Hentai Protagonist
    • Least Horny SmutHub Reader
  • What to call someone who is addicted to level grinding (Which is a problem, because nobody has Experience Points you can collect by killing them... unless you count your fellow Isekai Victims.)
    • Pro GAMER
    • Sigma Gamer
    • Average R*neSc*pe Player
  • Those who wind up hunting other returnees I'm thinking calling Going Highlander, but that's a bit on the nose.
    • Isekai Returnee Slayer (IRS)
  • What to call Magical Girls who get powers based on 'Love' when they return from Otome games.
    • Doki-Doki Power (melchi's suggestion)

TheEldritchGod

I'm liking the Doki-Doki Something. Should work well because it's meant to be a bit of an insult.

Tempokai

Overworked One
Here's AI, pretty good references, really, except the first:
Dear T.E.G.,

Your request for internal slang within the context of your organization's operations dealing with returning Isekai victims is intriguing. Here are some suggestions:

1. **Class Abduction Scenario**: For an entire class getting abducted all at once, you might use the term **"Battle Royale Alert"**. This references the film "Battle Royale," where a group of students are forced into a lethal game, mirroring the sudden and collective thrust into a different world.

2. **Mind Control Misconduct**: For someone who returns with mind control powers and begins to act inappropriately, the term **"Purple Man Protocol"** could be used. This references the villain from Marvel's "Jessica Jones," known for using mind control for nefarious purposes.

3. **Addiction to Level Grinding**: For individuals addicted to level grinding, the term **"Sisyphus Syndrome"** might be appropriate. This references the myth of Sisyphus, who was condemned to an eternal, pointless task, paralleling the endless pursuit of non-existent experience points.

4. **Hunting Other Returnees**: While "Going Highlander" is apt, to avoid being too on the nose, perhaps **"Jet Black Operation"** could be used instead. This references the character Jet Black from "Cowboy Bebop," who hunts bounties yet has a complex moral code, similar to the nuanced nature of hunting fellow returnees.

5. **Magical Girls with 'Love' Powers**: For those returning from Otome games with love-based powers, consider the term **"Moonlight Mandate."** This is a nod to "Sailor Moon," where the protagonist gains magical powers through love and friendship, aligning with the Otome game theme.

I hope these suggestions are helpful for your organization's internal communication.

Sincerely,
Overanalyzing Overthinker

LitrpgBird

Possibly call the last one Code DDLR?
"Another one came in. We've got a code DDLR.

TheEldritchGod

Well, thanks for the help.

Just so you know, I had an original idea for a story where that was going to be about an organization, the United Nations Interdimensional Task Force (UNITF) was in charge of dealing with the fallout of the increasing number of Isekai victims as they returned to Earth. I worked out the setting and the rules. For example, there are no XPs to be gained here on earth, so that everyone here is level 1, however, due to the extreme lack of Mana, people had become like those who lived at high elevations, very good at processing Oxygen/Mana. So, here on Earth, people are "normal", but everywhere else in the cosmos, they basically become like Superman under a yellow sun.

When people return, they are downpowered significantly. Anyone who gained power using a cheat like X10 XP Gain or shit like that lost ALL OF THAT, but people who were gone for years and gained power by grinding the hard way found themselves significantly more powerful than people who used cheats. So you got this weird dynamic where the Hero Summoning spell would return the victim to the exact time and place they left, and while down-powered, still had power of a wildly varying degree.

And when you give a 15 yo incel kid mind control powers, things get weird.

This has been going on for decades, ever since WW2 when Hiroshima and Nagasaki Basically blew a hole in the Dark Matter surrounding Earth and let the rest of the universe know there was a planet with BILLIONS of very powerful souls just waiting to be scooped up and thrown at whatever problem they were having.

However, not everyone returns, and some had to come the LONG WAY back, resulting in an ever-increasing number of ever more powerful returnees showing up on Earth and needing to be "managed". One of the plot points is going to be, with the exception of the North American Demonic Rift, there is no place to consistantly level up, because no native being on Earth has Experience points.

But your fellow Returnees are chock full of tasty-tasty level-grinding goodness.

So, I worked out, basically, SG-1. We were going to follow the story of the primary response team as well as a bunch of side characters as they deal with the PTSD of all the shit they had been through. But... I hate prequels. And I wanted to flesh out the background of the five man band that was going to be the Primary Response Team. it was just supposed to be one short story...

And now the story for the Leader of the Five-man band has reached 300k words and it's only on book one of three, and I want to write another trilogy for the other four members as well.

Talk about your mission creep.

However, I do, EVENTUALLY want to get the story where all the MCs get together to form the Five Man Band that protects the Earth, fights off the evil, and deals with the fallout of Planet Earth finding out that they are basically Kryptonians and all they have to do is get yeeted into another universe and they'll gain superpowers.

So, thanks for the help. This story which is going to be book 16 of 21, will not be released any time soon, but I thank you for your help all the same. it might not be relevant now, but since I'm going to have UNITF occasionally drop into the other stories. I have an idea for a Deep Universe Recovery Team (DURT) showing up in one of the worlds that an MC has gotten Isekai'd into, and having the option of returning back to Earth directly. They'll actually be trying to recover someone else and get sent off course, so if he doesn't choose to go home RIGHT THEN, he's unlikely to ever get another chance.

The last one reminds me of this scene from re:creators
Actually, I'm not planning on it being THAT extreme but eventually, yeah, it's going to get that out of control.

Last edited:

melchi

What is a custom title?
Recreators has a very different premise so can understand that it wouldn't be quite in line with what you are doing.

Mostly, I like the idea that magical girls are really from a setting for child's stories. So, world rules require no one to get hurt for real. Otherwise it wouldn't be fit for the intended audience.

So when mamika comes to earth she finds out the hard way that her powers can destroy buildings, even kill people by accident. That was impossible in the world that her author created for obvious reasons.

Just something to think about.

TheEldritchGod

Recreators has a very different premise so can understand that it wouldn't be quite in line with what you are doing.

Mostly, I like the idea that magical girls are really from a setting for child's stories. So, world rules require no one to get hurt for real. Otherwise it wouldn't be fit for the intended audience.

So when mamika comes to earth she finds out the hard way that her powers can destroy buildings, even kill people by accident. That was impossible in the world that her author created for obvious reasons.

Just something to think about.
Oddly enough, that's part of the plot for HKN. A 9 y.o. winds up in her orome game and accidentally breaks the in game hero because she assumes it's just like the game and doesn't realize there's no plot armor.

melchi

What is a custom title?
Oddly enough, that's part of the plot for HKN. A 9 y.o. winds up in her orome game and accidentally breaks the in game hero because she assumes it's just like the game and doesn't realize there's no plot armor.
Oh no, sad time :(