Recommendations looking for stories with sappy and mushy romance

KYO297

Hi, I'm looking for sappy and mushy romance. Lots of cuddling, kissing, saying I love you, feeling safe in each other's company, that kind of thing. Any pairing/triangle or harem is fine by me, as long as it includes 0-1 men. But I would prefer if the MC was a woman.
Preferably fantasy but Sci-Fi or supernatural are good as well. And some action and/or adventure would be nice too.
Little to no drama, tragedy and trauma, please
And few hundred pages long would be nice
I have just finished Trouble with Horns and it's basically why I'm making this post. I want more! The only other thing I've read is Fantasia but it doesn't have much romance (yet)

Last edited:

Tsuru

Robot
From a famous chinese author, the novel "Martial arts master" (not to mistake with a crappy manhua Martial master)
It was one and a unique romance where there is near 0 drama. No young master, no love rival, no kidnapping, no family not agreeing, no clan, no sickness (a minor one though), etc
It was ranked top10 for years among chinese ranking of urban novels before.
While the boom of isekais and the trend of cultivation, and so many shit faceslaps novels, this novel was at that time the ONLY novel that cattered to male readers where you only had pure, ENTIRELY PURE, sweetness.
In short, it's mostly MC getting a cheat-not-op that is just supplementary, entering martial path in a urban world that focus on martial arts (kinda like football), and slowly REALISTICALLY coming closer to FL by sending text messages and sending some calls to her and bringing some food, thx to some advices to a best friend knowledgeable with romance (with girlfriend). Could even be used as they are true advices, though small risk of being friendzoned.
----------------------------
From a (ex)-popular english author Andur, "Beyond" and "Coeus"
This genius author found the idea to always re-use the same MC and FL but reincarnating endlessly. So all the books is their souls but their personalities is not often the same. Some are standalone, some are following a timeline of reincarnations.

MC is a madman scientist, op mage that control all elements + blood + time + soul + necromancy.
While FL is complementary, and is a genius of melee fighting by mana strengthening, witch, doctor, cook ("creating potions is just cooking"), knowledgeable about human body, straightforward, use punches to talk sometimes, can satisfy the chocolate addiction of MC (yes its a thing).
-----------------------
Heartwarming series

Josei/Shoujo : https://www.novelupdates.com/series/full-of-my-love-to-you/
jp : https://www.novelupdates.com/series/the-probability-i-can-kill-my-wife-without-being-found-out/ MALE POV + combo with https://www.novelupdates.com/series/a-game-to-make-him-fall/ FEMALE POV
Tragedy sounding but in fact it ends perfectly sweetly.
KR : https://www.novelupdates.com/series/i-dont-like-the-world-i-only-like-you/ adapted into TV-show. The plot is real from the female author = autobiography type with jokes. Anecdotes-style. Censored names to preserve identity.

COUGH R18 female MC : https://www.novelupdates.com/series/the-civil-officer-can-have-sweet-dreams/
Very very sweet and ......erotic.
Bittersweet but very sweet deus-machina ending : https://www.novelupdates.com/series/my-husband-with-scholar-syndrome/
= single FMC rebirth in time after dying from a uncurable genetic disease. And decide to accept marrying the autistic childhood male friend she was close with at that time.

Personal SFW yuri : https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/forever_girls
---
---
---
----
----
PS : Andur also have genius idea of writing that MC - FL reincarnated millions, maybe billions of times, but that they never forgot their very first life and love where they lived a sweet peaceful life in a kingdom with a family. The novels basically show the "timeline" where finally at last they encounter each other and discover they are each other but far later. Very moving scene of FL discovering first and confronting MC though anticlimatic axed scene.
Genius idea : They were great kind people (kinda) at first but thx to reincarnations among the vast multiverse, and having shit lives sometimes, and encountering shit people often, they became what they are in the novels. MC turning into a sadistic-type anti-hero acting like a kid or oldman. FL turning into a violent woman.
And decent reason why in the novels they turn out together in same universe unlike before : in early novel, MC did a magic experiment, FL entered without warning, magic experiment screwed up by interruption, the soul magic became a curse(?) that basically link the very core souls of them together. Hence making linking their fates together (and reincarnating close or fate making them reunite whatever the case). Though in a slight-drama discussion later on, it reveal that they are lucky, because this magic/effect is not something to underestimate even if 2 sweethearts/lovers feel they fit together. Because its told that 2 people chose to link their souls, only to discover that later they were not fit together and always fighting-bickering, but as the magic is irreversible, are cursed to reincarnate -> fall in love -> get together -> fight again each other. Not shown and just random anecdote-example told by a character to MC-FL.
Warning the novels timeline is very confusing because Andur sometimes write a plot before or after the plot of latest novel. There is a comment telling the order of reading but still can be confusing. Warning that "Beyond" and "Coeus" are the sweetness and best novels of Andur and others are not lower quality. Warning it can be very VERY gruesome. Like body limbs, explosions, guns, dead bodies etc.

Last edited:

MajorKerina

I have a lot of cute couples in my stories but there is unfortunately a bit of drama and the genre elements come from gender bending shenanigans. Complaints, about a romance between coworkers at a strange store might be up your alley, although that one is on the shorter side.

FaustVoncleave

Hi, I'm looking for sappy and mushy romance. Lots of cuddling, kissing, saying I love you, feeling safe in each other's company, that kind of thing. Any pairing/triangle or harem is fine by me, as long as it includes 0-1 men. But I would prefer if the MC was a woman.
Preferably fantasy but Sci-Fi or supernatural are good as well. And some action and/or adventure would be nice too.
I have just finished Trouble with Horns and it's basically why I'm making this post. I want more! The only other thing I've read is Fantasia but it doesn't have much romance (yet)

Full Marks Hidden Marriage: Pick Up a Son, Get a Free Husband is pretty much hat. though it takes a while for them to fully become a couple, it's pretty lovey dovey flirting before that point still.​

miyoga

For authors, I'd say to try QuietValerie's other stories to start. If you've finished Trouble, then you know what to expect from her. Also give Trashlyn, ChiriVulpes and PurpleCatGirl a read as they all write in the same vein. It should also be noted that all 4 of them include drama, tragedy and trauma to varying degrees based on the story they wanted to write and where they were in their lives at the time of writing. Elamimax and OvidLemma also fit your bill for authors who write LGBT characters and use primarily female/trans MCs.
Birthrights by Kathryn features a nonbinary MC (has a bit of a shell to crack first and therefore presents as male for a large portion of the story).
ZoeStorm also does M2F trans MCs who are fairly dense, but end up making realizations but may not meet the sci-fi/fantasy aspects you'd like.
Emi_the_Fairy's Floroma series is firmly planted in medieval fantasy and also stars a trans MC.

There might be more that I missed, but I read a lot of the same things you're looking for. Like I said, because of what/how they write, they will include drama, trauma and tragedy to varying degrees but are still worth a shot.

For the light and fluffies: Boosted Restart – A new chance in a different world and I was Betrayed then Reincarnated as a Kitsune might be my top suggestions (very limited drama and trauma, very heavy fluff and lots of images in Boosted).

StrongArm

Try playing the game Haven. You can find it on steam.

1669605577716.png

It has a lot of feels and is filled to the brim with diabetes inducing sweetness. Plus it has a decent soundtrack, and is pretty relaxing to play

Ssthat

Boo Tao Main
die

En_Arris

I like Boosted Restart. https://www.scribblehub.com/series/276881/boosted-restart--a-new-chance-in-a-different-world/