Forgotten Title (Looking for story) Trans girl's twin brother was the Red Ranger

foxoftheasterisk

I can't remember the title but I know I read this on scribblehub, and that it's complete. The story goes roughly like this:

The main character is a trans girl whose identical twin brother has just died. Soon after the military approaches her because it turns out her brother was the Red Ranger (as in power rangers yes) and the power device is gene locked so no one can take over for him, except her. She reluctantly accepts and joins to fight the aliens. But the ranger form is stuck looking masc so it gives her dysphoria :(

Eventually it turns out her 'brother' isn't dead, and is also trans; she faked her death in order to investigate the people in charge of the ranger program. And also transition and be with her alien girlfriend. Anyway she comes back as the black ranger and they do a whole are-we-enemies-or-allies thing. Eventually it comes out that the leader of the rangers is working with the leader of the aliens to have an excuse to have constant warfare. When he's exposed he tries to kill the president but they save em and everything works out yayyy

Prezombie

Power Up!