Main Genres

mrsimple

Writer
Tony had added a new feature, Main Genre, which the details can be found here: https://forum.scribblehub.com/threads/author-notice-please-select-a-main-genre.139/#post-5461 ;)

Now, I'm a bit indecisive when it comes to guessing which genre best describes my stories. A few of them are mixed bags and can't be easily picked out as one thing. So my request is to gain feedback from anyone who's read my stories and had a better idea on what to label my works.

Also, quite honestly, I can imagine there are some authors that are unsure what to consider their works.

For what I have here, I'd truly would appreciate some help. o_o

1. Wild Child :
A posthuman, dying as the shockwave of a supernova reaches his starship, awakens to find himself in the body of a little girl on ancient Earth — a girl who was just murdered by marauding invaders from another tribe.
2. Watching and Waiting :
A teenage boy is forced to cross-dress as a Girl Scout to sell cookies to the wrong sort of neighbor with a dark secret.
3. Changing Things for the Better? :
In a constantly transforming world, where reality being altered was noticed by no one, Daniel knew and made the best out of his situation until his life changed forever.
4. Study Buddy :
Set in an arcane universe. From their very own flesh and blood, and, of course, forbidden magic, a homunculus is created by a pair of student witches in their secret alchemy experiment. Their witchcraft has some very interesting results…
5. Bag of Old Bones :
On Halloween, a coven’s party accidentally set off a spree of transformations across the world… but long before that, there was a Texas Ranger who confronted, but was cursed by a nasty native spirit for nearly two centuries. (Based off of the events in “The Monster Mash -- a TG Mixed Tape ” by various authors and edited by Trismegistus Shandy: http://www.tgstorytime.com/viewstory.php?sid=4838)
6. The Snow Maiden :
A mythical tale about a free spirited but lonely fae who learned a harsh life lesson of why he shouldn’t have searched for greener pastures in a forbidden realm.
7. Prison :
Two companions adventure to a forbidden ruin to explore and confront an imprisoned and long forgotten Goddess. This would be the final adventure for one of the two…
8. Caring about Life: An XChangePill Short Story (18+) :
A State College student loses his family and hits rock bottom. No longer caring what happens anymore, he resigned to plan his own suicide until a friend interferes and changes everything.
9. Reset :
Sulvon the Lesser of all Evils was a Demon that had his final battle with mankind and died. Simple as that. Except, a very interesting character in the afterlife decided to play with him and offer another chance in life to turn the tide of the battle. How much has to change until victory might be more than the Demon was willing to exchange?
10. Fearleader (15+) :
A simple Haunted School event had been in the works for awhile, but when a couple of students get pulled into it at the last minute, it takes an unexplained incident to cause the right kind of ruckus to distract the coming crowd for the pair to be prepared. (This is a short story originally formatted to fit in “Blew Melodiously the Zootibar - A TG Mixed Tape ” by various authors and edited by Trismegistus Shandy: http://www.tgstorytime.com/viewstory.php?sid=4738)
11. Roots (18+) :
A reclusive shut-in was mysteriously and violently transferred into the body of a young teenage girl in a strange alternate world. After being hospitalized, the man trapped in the girl’s body tries to make best of the situation and their impaired condition.
12. Zodiac :
One crazy night, at a Halloween party, a magical spell goes awry and causes an event that transforms all manner of life across the globe. In Boston, this is just one of those significant incidents that gain more publicity than the countless others: a group of dressed up students putting together a unique attraction for a China Town kind of Halloween. (Based off of the events in “Monster Mash — a TG Mixtape” by various authors and edited by Trismegistus Shandy: http://www.tgstorytime.com/viewstory.php?sid=4838)
13. Sir Andy :
When there’s a precious loved one’s life in danger, the impossible happened… but not without a Halloween’s night of witchcraft gone haywire giving that little miracle a helping hand. A dressed up small knight struggles to save their abducted big sister from a very real monster before it is too late.(Based off of the events in “Monster Mash — a TG Mixtape” by various authors and edited by Trismegistus Shandy: http://www.tgstorytime.com/viewstory.php?sid=4838)
14. One Night as the Queen :
A modern day giant decides to leave a lasting impression on the perfect, and magical, Halloween night. Dressed up, ready to rock, this big guy takes his Trick or Treating post seriously as the biggest terrifying alien in the galaxy. (Based off of the events in “Monster Mash — a TG Mixtape” by various authors and edited by Trismegistus Shandy: http://www.tgstorytime.com/viewstory.php?sid=4838)

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
I wonder if it’s worthwhile to think about it in terms of readership. For instance, “I want my novel to be read by the josei crowd” vs. “I want my novel to be read by the isekai crowd”.

There are definitely different demographics and fandoms on this site, and I have a feeling that @Tony was trying to figure out a way to capture different reader demographics to give better recommendations.

Arcturus

CEO of Cat Corps
Just based off my experience, but I would think any X-change pill story would be categorized as mature.

mrsimple

Writer
I wonder if it’s worthwhile to think about it in terms of readership. For instance, “I want my novel to be read by the josei crowd” vs. “I want my novel to be read by the isekai crowd”.

There are definitely different demographics and fandoms on this site, and I have a feeling that @Tony was trying to figure out a way to capture different reader demographics to give better recommendations.
You are probably right. I entirely understand this is meant to narrow down the searches for what the readers want to read. Thing is, I never had a target audience in mind, but other authors may have. And that, perhaps, made this a smooth change for them versus someone like me who wrote for the fun of it. XD
Just based off my experience, but I would think any X-change pill story would be categorized as mature.
Mature it is. Thank ya! :)

Arcturus

CEO of Cat Corps
You are probably right. I entirely understand this is meant to narrow down the searches for what the readers want to read. Thing is, I never had a target audience in mind, but other authors may have. And that, perhaps, made this a smooth change for them versus someone like me who wrote for the fun of it. XD

Mature it is. Thank ya! :)
It could also be Adult if it's more erotica than 18+ TF, but I haven't read it yet

Sabruness

Cultured Yuri Connoisseur
The main genre was a head-scratcher for me as well so i just went with Mature for now.