Major change in a published novel

nightshade.valentine

Hey Everyone,

In the last few days, I have asked for feedback on my novel, and I have received a very valuable one. However, I have come to realize that I need to do major changes in the first 10 published chapters.

How would you approach major changes in that case? Would you delete the novel and republish it? Or would you simply just edit the chapters, and add a disclaimer (Addon) chapter in order to notify the readers about it.

Thanks in advance for your tips

LotsChrono

As you want to try and keep your reader base when writing web novels, I would edit the chapters and do 2 things.

(1) Make a new chapter that says what chapters you’ve edited and why.

And.

(2) Since some people are unwilling to reread chapters, even when edited, you should also list all the changes you’ve made in a clear manner within that notifying chapter. So they can read on from there even if they don’t reread.

nightshade.valentine

As you want to try and keep your reader base when writing web novels, I would edit the chapters and do 2 things.

(1) Make a new chapter that says what chapters you’ve edited and why.

And.

(2) Since some people are unwilling to reread chapters, even when edited, you should also list all the changes you’ve made in a clear manner within that notifying chapter. So they can read on from there even if they don’t reread.
Thanks for the tip. Will definitely do that

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
Hey Everyone,

In the last few days, I have asked for feedback on my novel, and I have received a very valuable one. However, I have come to realize that I need to do major changes in the first 10 published chapters.

How would you approach major changes in that case? Would you delete the novel and republish it? Or would you simply just edit the chapters, and add a disclaimer (Addon) chapter in order to notify the readers about it.

Thanks in advance for your tips
Edit and tell no one.

Cuz I dont make mistakes.