Medieval Battles Research

doravg

106/4001 (bigot towards homophobs)
Hey, can you guys recommend me a YouTube channel or a Spotify podcast, which explains medieval battle strategies? I'd prefer video format. Now that my current story is outlined, I got that idea for an Isekai, but it will need an outline too, and tons of research. Also, where can I find a channel about inventions which can be built with medieval tools? The idea demands Kingdom Building.

Thank you for your help, happy writing!

Theirl

SHHS detainee no. 0004
Hey, can you guys recommend me a YouTube channel or a Spotify podcast, which explains medieval battle strategies? I'd prefer video format. Now that my current story is outlined, I got that idea for an Isekai, but it will need an outline too, and tons of research. Also, where can I find a channel about inventions which can be built with medieval tools? The idea demands Kingdom Building.

Thank you for your help, happy writing!

Premier

Agincourts a bit of a bad example. It's famous specfically because the usual medieval strategy of a massed cavalry charge didn't work.

The Medieval period is quite broad (It's almost a 1000 years long!) and the tactics changed a lot during the period. Foot Infantry shield walls and archers like in Hastings gave way to Heavy knight cavalry charges which gave way again to massed bows and crossbows. It was constantly evolving.

melchi

What is a custom title?
I heard a speaker says it was a bit of paper rock scissors.

Archers beats Infantry.
Calvary beats archers.
Infantry beats Calvary.

I know it is an oversimplication because there are things like mounted archers but it is a good starting point.